Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh in... how much have u lost?

Hi May Bandsters it's almost our year anniversary!!:) It's been a few months since I've posted. First I was having trouble with to much Fluid and now I'm feeling like I need a fill. I will be going to see my doctor tomorrow. It's wierd, I have restriction but I don't get full . . does that make sense? I guess I have restriction when I don't chew, chew, chew, but I can eat more than I think I should be able to. I don't know. I've lost only about 5 more pounds since the end of December bringing my total to 131 (need to update my ticker). Anyhow, I love my band and I feel sooooo much better. Good luck everyone!

I'm still struggling with my old comfy habits too!! I went ahead and got another fill and it actually caused my throat to fell as if it was closing up during the fill. I have to do a 2-2-2 day CL, FL, soft food diet afterwards and even the FL's are taking their time "going down"!! Anyways, was up to 179 at fill this past Monday, now at 167 today!!!! Also, I'm now running 1 mile each day on the treadmill. I have bad knees to wehre I can't squat or kneel so that's a big accomplishment for me!! I would love to lose 100 by May 7th, but will not be discouraged if I don't. I'ms till very happy with my outcome thus far!!

Hi everyone! Well, I went to see my doctor today and he gave me a fill. I'm on liquids for 3 days, yuk! I can feel the restriction even with fluids, their moving slower than normal. I'm having a Special K Protein Shake and I'm surprised that I feel full. (Not to bad - the taste) Being that next month is my 1 year, I will be having an upper GI. Has anyone else had to have one? I'm sure not looking forward to that. :rolleyes2: Best wishes to everyone.

Down 117.5 WOOHOO!!!

Congrats Yukiko you are doing great. I've not heard of having an upper GI at one year. Is it just to check things out?

I am down 53.4 lbs since June of 08----very very slow going, but am happy to say it is still inching down.... Wanting summer to get here so maybe that will help me kick start stuff and get out and do more. I am finally at a point that I am loving my band and releasing my hold on food. I don't sit and wonder what's next to eat. I kinda dread eating trying to figure out what I can and want to eat has become a pain in the A%#!!!!

Well my bandiversary is May 15th, so far I have lost 44lbs. Not as much as I was hoping, but I will take it all the same. i am pretty sure some of the life stuff I have had to deal with over the past year has contributed to my slow loss, I lost my one month old nephew in Aug. then my brother was killed in Iraq on Sept. 4th, then my grandpa died in a car accident on Oct. 28th, so just the fact that I have managed to get and keep some weight off during all of this greiving (and eating) is a plus in my book.

Jadensmom... I am so sorry to hear about your year. Congratulation on 44lbs! That's great!!

jkpenny.... I agree, the band has taken all the fun out of eating. However, I think I was having way too much fun eating. :thumbup: Congrats on your 53lbs!

Oh I completely agree Miss Meliss about the eating I apparently was having way more fun then anyone should have. I just find it amazing how much we depend on food and how much I enjoyed the even planning part of it...I already had my meal planned out and eaten before it physically was. I loved to think about food, eat food and plan it...and now I find myself trying to just eat to get my calories...now not that there aren't times I have cravings but I am seeing a transformation of my attitude when it comes to it...and thinking it through with should I be eating it and will this get stuck. I am actually surprised it took me this long to get here I guess. I wish I could have severed the ties much earlier with food.

Jadensmom I am so sorry for your difficult year. I am so proud of you that you did indeed to lose anything after a year like that....just think of what you will be able to lose when things settle down for you. Great job.

Hello . . OMG! First I thought I needed a fill, then I was wishing I hadn't had one. So much has happened. I had to go have .5cc taken out of my band. I'm much better now . . wow what alittle bit to much can do. The really sad thing was that my Dr. was out of town and another Dr. tried to remove Fluid from my band and wasn't able to. The following day he sent me to the hospital to try and remove the fluid under xray, and still wasn't able. He gave me two options - Be admitted to the hospital and have fluids run through me and then replace the band or wait and sip, sip, sip on fluids until the following week when my Dr. came back into town. Being that he had so much trouble I decided to wait. Thank God I did, it took my Dr. 15 seconds to find my port, put the needle in and remove the .5 cc. Can you imagine that!!!

My bandiversary was yesterday! I'm down 73lbs. and would like to take off another 20lbs. by the time I leave for the beach on August 1st. I'm scheduled for another fill on June 8th so that should last me through to my 100lb. goal.

Congratulation

100 lbs is alot of work with this lapband. Great job. You're an inspiration.

I've been losing VERY slowly for the last few months, but at least it is still going in the right direction. I am at my highschool weight right now, and I have never been under the stinking 206 mark since 9th grade! It is so frustrating! I so desperately want to see 199. I will likely cry the day that happens. What's weird is that last month I was on the verge for asking for an unfill because I was having really bad reflux and couldnt keep anything down, but decided against it. One week later, I felt like I had no restriction at all! I went for a fill 2 weeks ago and still didnt feel a change. So I made an appointment for yesterday. My doc laughed because he said some people don't come in every couple of months and here I am every couple of weeks! And I said "well those people are dumb. If you go through the trouble of having surgery then you need to do the follow up if you aren't losing weight!" So I got another fill yesterday and I hope this will do the trick. I have been having terrible cravings for sweets lately, but I am sticking to my diet. It is probably all the stress--in the process of buying a home and planning a wedding! I HAVE to lose the 40 pounds fast!