Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In a slump and in the dumps...

I really am grateful for the weight that the band has helped me to lose so far. 40 pounds is about halfway to my goal weight. I haven't been able to lose a pound for two months. I am incredibly discouraged but still happy that I got the band. I go back to my doc June 16th 2008 and hope he feels the need to give me a sufficient fill. Has anyone else gotten stuck this long? I really need a lift from any bandsters who have been where I'm at. Thanks all...

I know what you are going thru i was banded on 22-02-08 have lost 11kgs but have not lost any more weight. i go to curves 5 to 6 times a week but i have lost 10cm off my body. I go for my 2nd fill this thursday. hang in there and keep exercising.

aggie

aggie, believe me, I am! Not only am I walking every day but also lifting weights 3 times a week. I recently started playing tennis twice a week as well. I really watch what i eat because I want this to work.

I really am grateful for the weight that the band has helped me to lose so far. 40 pounds is about halfway to my goal weight. I haven't been able to lose a pound for two months. I am incredibly discouraged but still happy that I got the band. I go back to my doc June 16th 2008 and hope he feels the need to give me a sufficient fill. Has anyone else gotten stuck this long? I really need a lift from any bandsters who have been where I'm at. Thanks all...

You are not alone. I have been on a plateau for the last 6 weeks, all I only lost one pound. I'm exercising 5 - 6 days a week, doing strength exercises on alternate days and tracking everything I eat on thedailyplate.com. I'm currently eating 900 to 1100 calories daily and from all accounts should be losing weight. I guess my body has a mind of its own and will do what it wants. I'm considering dropping my calories a little more and exercising longer to see if I can jump start my weight loss again.

From what I am reading this is pretty common. I seem to have my ups and downs also. I will exercise and do everything right and stay at the same weight for 3 weeks and then bam...I will lose a couple of pounds. I just really try to stay positive, because in the past I would just quit and go back to my old eating habits. Now I tell myself that if I continue to follow plan it will eventually come off,and it does.

Stay positive and keep up the great work!

I was banded about the same time as you! I've gotten a bit stuck myself lately, but I think this last fill is the right amount. For myself, I know that means I need to kick it in gear a little. You exercise way more than I do! Good for you! I find, too, that sometimes it takes a while for the scale to catch up to what is going on in my body. For me, weight seems to come off in "chunks." I'll lose four pounds one week and then none for a few weeks. I figure this is a long process and as long as I feel good and my clothes are still getting looser, I'm ok!

Be sure to voice your concern to your doc. If you don't feel that your hunger is under control, you need a fill. I think that I'm at the point where I really have to start dealing with the emotional hunger now that I have the physical hunger pretty well dealt with.

Can you go to your doc sooner? Mine still has me seeing him every 3 - 4 weeks until I stop needing fills and then we'll move to every couple of months. But he's told me that if I don't feel the fill is enough to call him sooner.

Good luck! I totally understand the discouragement since I feel it sometimes, too, but just remember that this is a process, not a quick fix. You're doing great so far and should be very proud of yourself! The changes you're making now will benefit you for the rest of your life. :wink_smile:

ty all who replied. I am not giving up. I've come this far on pounds lost and surgery to quit now. I wish you all many happy days ahead! Happy losing!

Do you think we've all been duped? I do.

If I could lose weight 'dieting' I would have spared myself this band.

No, I don't think we have been duped. My Doctor made sure that I knew the pros and cons about the band. It ultimately comes down to me whether I eat right and exercise, the band is only a tool. It needs a lot of work on our part. The band doesn't make the choice to eat ice cream or chips, I do. The band is not the problem, its my mind that I need to control.

Do you think we've all been duped? I do.

If I could lose weight 'dieting' I would have spared myself this band.

:thumbs_up::confused_smile:

You don't need to be so negative about the band. It takes time and patience.

You don't need to be so negative about the band. It takes time and patience.

Froggi, if and when you get the band I would take what you say more seriously but it is really hard to find you posting all over the place that you want only to hear the good about the band. That is not reality.

This place LBT is for all sides of the fence. And when people need help, feel frustrated, or duped, they want to come to the one place they can count on. What kind of place would this be if everyone came here and shouted chants of joy about the lapband? It would be a commercial by lapband people.

I wish you well, and I hope you have your eyes wide open, and that when you are super successful you can come back here and help those who are struggling.

In Froggi's defense, the original poster did ask for encouragement because she is feeling discouraged. I think that we should try to help when one is in the dumps and asks for a lift. If we are sharing our own negative experience without helping the cause, then we should ask ourselves why we are posting.

In Froggi's defense, the original poster did ask for encouragement because she is feeling discouraged. I think that we should try to help when one is in the dumps and asks for a lift. If we are sharing our own negative experience without helping the cause, then we should ask ourselves why we are posting.

Oops... I'm very sorry. Good point Atallen

Bullpen, I'm especially sorry. My posts start from the newest, so I never even read the original posters request. I'm losing my mind.

Listen to the folks here, the ones that have been there/done that. I've found some hope in just reading posts. I started a mentor topic on general lapband. Maybe there are some bandsters that will help you there. Also, while reading posts, I found mylapband.com and it seems helpful as well.

Good luck to you and sorry again for the goof.

Even though I have not been banded yet I do know a lot about it. The only reason I havent been banded already is my insurance wanting me to diet first. I just want to help and encourage people to be healthier and happier.