Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band aid in frozen dinner?? What to do????

Thanks for all of the advice. I called the number on the box, but they are closed on Sunday. I'll be calling the first thing in the morning. I did go to the website and send an e-mail--so that the date and time will be on record.

This thread has single-handedly convinced me to vow to cook all of my meals....no more eating out/packaged foods/frozen dinners. Obviously this is a bit unrealistic in the long run, but I am definitely going to strive to cook as many of my meals as possible....from scratch. I think thats the only way to KNOW what has been put in your food. ::::still cringing::::

I admit to morbid curiosity here, but I suppose people are already grossed out enough (re: bandaid surprise). Thankfully, the worst thing I can presently recall finding in my food was a cranefly in my Chinese chicken salad, from a local restaurant. I'm sure we've unknowingly been subjected to much worse (as I think of the movie "Waiting")

Oh my god I watched that movie again for the 12 th time sat. If I am really unhappy with the food I will not eat it and tell them to take it off my ticket and wait til I get home. No way am I sending anything back.

Glad I don't rely too heavily on prepackaged foods! :confused_smile: I would defintely be putting lots of $$ in the trash if I did!

EEEeeewwwww.... that makes my skin crawl. Call your doctor immediately. God, the person who it belonged to could have hepatitis, a nasty infection..... Gross. I would also call the health department and report it. I think the states keep stats on stuff like that. You also might want to call the grocery where you bought it so they can pull all of it off the shelves. the news media wouldn't be a bad idea either..... YUCK.

I'd call the company and see if they give you remedy you can live with.

I'd document where you bought it, how you cooked it, who touched the package etc, etc. from the microwave to your mouth.

If you are not pleased with how the respond to you call a lawyer.

Stuff happens in food processing plants all the time...

I called Kraft today--at first they were only talking about refunding my money. Then I asked to speak with someone else. She wanted to have someone come to my house, pick it up and test it at their lab. I declined because if I gave it to them, I wouldn't have any evidence. i sent pictures to Kraft. I put a call in to a lawyer today and I'm waiting on him to call back....I'm going to let my local news station know.

I'll keep you posted

Wow it's scary to think how that bandaid coulda blocked you up if you had swallowed the whole thing...

I was eating a salad at Denny's when I felt something strange in my mouth. Imagine my amazement when I spit out a small metal bolt! If I had really bit down on it I coulda broken a tooth. I called the waitress over and showed it to her and she said "Oh, THAT'S where it went!" Seems they had lost a bolt off their food prep table and couldn't find it.....

Wow it's scary to think how that bandaid coulda blocked you up if you had swallowed the whole thing...

I was eating a salad at Denny's when I felt something strange in my mouth. Imagine my amazement when I spit out a small metal bolt! If I had really bit down on it I coulda broken a tooth. I called the waitress over and showed it to her and she said "Oh, THAT'S where it went!" Seems they had lost a bolt off their food prep table and couldn't find it.....

I would hope, at the VERY least, they paid for your food? :confused2: