Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is it that they can't make more cute clothes for plus sized women?? I was looking for bathing suits the other day and a lot of them are old lady prints. Why can't they just use the fabrics from the smaller clothes and make them in plus size styles? I don't get it. I'm not saying they need plus size bikinis or halter tops, but they can make clothes that are cuter. The stores have definitely gotten better in past years, but they have a long way to go!

At least they are using better fabrics now--I can remember not that long ago if you bought something plus-sized it was made out of purple, brown or black 100% polyester....yuck!

I have purchased 2 amazing bathing suits from QVC - It Figures! swimwear. I am a plus size and love this brand.

I agree with Debbs. I have worn that swimwear for a couple of years now. I am hoping next year I won't need it but it is VERY cute and stylish. I am only 29 and shop a lot with QVC because of the sizes they carry. Good luck in your hunt for clothes with a little searching I am sure you can find somethings you like.

I found cute bathing suits on justmysize.com and ebay, and i buy my pretty sexy bras at lane bryant they go up to G cups, but i love to buy my regular clothes at fashion bug

Seriously, I cant wait until I can go and buy bras at Victoria's Secret! I am thinking red and lacy....its been so long since I've been able to wear a bra that has any less than four hooks in the back!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I found a cute swimsuit at TJMAX last week. It is kind of hit and miss though shopping there, meaning I lucked up! I love Lane Bryants Bra's. They have really cute ones and great colors. I like the way their pants fit too. Now, Cato's Plus has great shirts! I can never find everything in one store - I run around town to find matching pieces to outfits.

I've spent hours shopping for a swim suit! Both in stores and online. I need a suit that gives the girls the support they need so I'm not sagging down to my belly button! I finally found a good selection of mix and match separates on Landsend.com. The tankini tops have underwires instead of the padded cups....like I need anymore padding :thumbup: I paired a tankini top with swim shorts and can't wait for my shipment to be delivered. I've lost around 25lbs. since my surgery on Jan 31st and feel so much better so I can't wait to get out by the pool or on the lake and soak up some sun. :cool2:Good luck!

I found mine at Fashion Bug this year. And I agree, I love Lane Bryant bras. They even has sexy ones!

What always annoyed me is that being tall and plus sized means you may be bigger but you're not rounder, if you know what I mean. I may have had a high enough BMI at 35 for surgery, but I wasnt a barrel, I was still basically woman shaped with a bit of padding on the rear! I most definitely did NOT need elastic waists and really wide shoulders, I could have worn ordinary cut clothes just in a bigger size, if I could have found them. As it was I had to dress like someone's nanna.

One of the things that always gets me was finding clothes that were actually long enough. There seems to be a thought in the fashion industry that all fat people are 5'2 or under and that just isnt the case. Being 5'9 and supersized finding clothes is just darn hard. And when I can find them either are way to short in the legs or look like someone raided a factory full of rejected 70's couch fabrics!!

I'm the type I like solid colors mostly. I don't care for most prints in fabrics. Ocasionaly I find one that I like but for the most part NO.

I don't do pokadots, paiselys, flowers, stripes or plaids.

Give me tye dye or something in bright colors without looking like something grandma would wear. Gimme soft silky fabrics that flow and don't feel like plastic. And don't cost a fortune.

And that I can wash and dry at home.

Thank heavens for the internet as you can find more and more makers of clothing that can actually fit the plus sizes and up but the fashion industry still has a looooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

One of the things that always gets me was finding clothes that were actually long enough. There seems to be a thought in the fashion industry that all fat people are 5'2 or under and that just isnt the case. Being 5'9 and supersized finding clothes is just darn hard. And when I can find them either are way to short in the legs or look like someone raided a factory full of rejected 70's couch fabrics!!

I'm the type I like solid colors mostly. I don't care for most prints in fabrics. Ocasionaly I find one that I like but for the most part NO.

I don't do pokadots, paiselys, flowers, stripes or plaids.

Give me tye dye or something in bright colors without looking like something grandma would wear. Gimme soft silky fabrics that flow and don't feel like plastic. And don't cost a fortune.

And that I can wash and dry at home.

Thank heavens for the internet as you can find more and more makers of clothing that can actually fit the plus sizes and up but the fashion industry still has a looooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

I actually had the opposite experience. I'm 5'3" and when I was in plus sizes, I could rarely find clothes that were short enough. At Lane Bryant, for example, their "petites" were usually about 4" too long. Literally, one time I ordered a pair of supposedly "petite" exercise pants from them and when I tried them on, the cuffs covered my feet so that only my toes were sticking out. I've always found that manufacturers/designers thought that women grew taller as they grew fatter.

I have the problem of normal sized arms and legs and a giant belly! Lane Bryant finally has jeans that come in different shapes as not all plus sized women have large thighs! I have found nice bathing suits at Target and Lands End, but I covet the cuter ones in the smaller sizes, hence why I'm going to get banded. Well, part of the reason...haha