Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Most looking forward to...

I know for me ever since I made the decision to have the surgery I have been daydreaming about what my new life will be like. I have never ever been a thin person and have no idea what's it's like not to have to be concerned or worried about everything a big person does. So I wonder if I'm the only who is looking forward and daydreaming about certain things.

Things I'm most looking forward to:

1. No more plus sizes (Shopping at Victoria Secrets has always been a dream of mine)

2. Not having to worry if I'm going to break a chair

3. Finally feeling comfortable in a restaurant

4. Going to the beach

5. Wearing no-sleeves shirts and short shorts in the summer

Congrats on your upcoming band date!

I've been overweight for most of my life except for my high school years and over 250+ pounds for the last 15. I have lost much of my life hiding and not being involved in many things do to my weight. I am looking forward to all of the things you've listed plus more. I can't wait to by my first VS bra.

I always have shopped at VS. It's my favorite store. For some reason, clothes tend to fit me nicely (ie, VS, Forever 21)...

...but I just wanted to get healthy and, ahem, be in a BIKINI (which I will be by next summer!).

Then I' go everywhere in my bikini, to school, to Water parks, to Target, to the pool, to the beach, to the library... the possibilities are endless.

well, I am looking forward to playing outside with my kids without getting winded. less hip,knee and lower back pain. not having to ride on a scooter any more in Walmart when my back is hurting. I wont have to wondering if people are think "why is such a good looking woman doing with that really fat guy" when I'm walking with my wife. I would just love to be able to wear a shirt smaller than a 3x size and have it cover my stomach. Oh, and i would love to not feel ashamed when a hostess takes me to a booth to eat and not have to asking for a table i could fit in better.

well, I am looking forward to playing outside with my kids without getting winded. less hip,knee and lower back pain. not having to ride on a scooter any more in Walmart when my back is hurting. I wont have to wondering if people are think "why is such a good looking woman doing with that really fat guy" when I'm walking with my wife. I would just love to be able to wear a shirt smaller than a 3x size and have it cover my stomach. Oh, and i would love to not feel ashamed when a hostess takes me to a booth to eat and not have to asking for a table i could fit in better.

l know what you mean bigpapa2 i do it all the time when i go out with my man. i know people be wondering what is he doing with that big woman. but i suck it up an pay no attention cause i know my baby loves me i wanna be able to sit at a table when we go out not a booth i just wanna be able to do things i haven,t did in a while. wanna be 44 an fabulous

7_5_142.gif Young, I am so with you on this. I have never been thin and am daydreaming of the clothes I will be able to wear. Yet I am afraid of them at the same time. I have always had to wear "older clothes" cause growing up they did'nt have fat girls clothes and had to buy out of the womens department. I am afraid I might dress to young for my age. I'll be 50 next year. But It will seem strange not being afraid to sit down because the chair might break, or no more dirty looks at a resturant when people think cause your fat you will eat till it is all gone. No I fully understand. It's hard for my kids to understand that wearing shorts will be a joy! Good luck on your journey Young and have fun doing it!:thumbup:

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

I just answered that on my pre-op application. The question was "what to you hope to be able to do after weight loss" My answer was be able to look in the mirror...I'm with you on the other ideas as well. I want to be able to shop in any store in the "normal" clothes section. I don't want to have to go to the "WHOA-Man" section...:thumbup:

I'm looking forward to not starting a fire between my thighs everytime I walk while wearing pantyhose ! :thumbup:

The number one thing I want to make sure I do when I reach my goal - is to allow myself enough time to process the change. I had been successful on WW back in 2001. I lost 120 lbs and got down to size 10/12...but seriously held on to that goal for less than a month. I never "saw" myself as thin.

Today, I look at pictures of how I looked then and was amazed at how small everything was - my face, my neck, my arms, wrists...it was crazy that I couldn't see it then.

And hell yeah, I'm going to shop at the Limited, The Gap, and VS!!! Getting banded on 6/30 (if everything continues to go as planned)!!

Great thread!

1. Be able to go to Schlitterbahn!

2. Be able to shop for clothes in the regular mall stores.

3. Not be embarrassed to walk around amusement parks.

4. Be able to go on all the rides at the amusement park.

5. The biggest one of all... be confident in my looks. I mean I'm pretty confident for such a big guy, but I want to be even more so.

hey guys. well, i want to be healthy again and get rid of all my side effects that came with being obese. i was considered of healthy weight twice throughout my short lived life (i'm 25). but i have the rest of my life ahead of me, and i want to live it out as a health-nut. but i know loosing weight has perks... :thumbup::laugh::thumbup: here goes:

be a normal size, shop in normal stores.

i love looking thru magazines like elle &

vogue so i cannot wait to shop @ designer

places ((shop at the beverly center!! :thumbup:))

fit into rides @ amusement parks, i'm

dying to go back to six flags.

wear my favorite pair of aldo shoes...

shop for more cute strappy shoes.

and i agree w/drew...i'm very confident

for a fat chick,like 98%. i want to be

100% confident with how i look.

looking forward tooooooo.......

*dancing (all types, :thumbup:)

*cute clothes

*hot halloween costumes (daydreaming since elementry school) LOL. hottest costume was a french maid in red heels and that was 4th grade. HAHA.

*i want to play badminton for reals!

*non-wide shoes

*i want to be able to contort myself LOL. when your back is stiff 24/7 you just wanna get crazy. lol.

*i actually thought about VS yesterday and it never even occured to me all these years hahah.

i dunno dudes. i have a costume fetish.lol. and i wanna dance tango, cha-cha, merengue, salsa, tribal fusion, belly, bollywood, ballroom, and whatever else there is OMG, reggae. DANCEHALL hahaha.:thumbup:

Weight loss hasnt changed my life in a lot of ways - the same problems I always had have remained, not that I'm not a very fortunate person. Surprisingly weight loss hasnt magically meant i have the money to spend on tons of clothes, hair care, make up, jewellery that I always imagined it would, lol.

But boy it is FANTASTIC to not have to feel ugly every day. I know I always look presentable, I know if I make some effort I can look very impressive, I'm thinner and fitter and look younger than most of my peers, I can carry off a cool haircut and dont have to hide behind drab boring long hair, I can buy great clothes that are cheaper, I'm really really really enjoying it. And you know, that makes every other problem I have seem less significant and easier to deal with. I dont care as much about stuff as I did, becuase I feel so much more in control.

i wanna dance tango, cha-cha, merengue, salsa, tribal fusion, belly, bollywood, ballroom, and whatever else there is OMG, reggae. DANCEHALL hahaha.:thumbup:

What's stopping you now? I am a HUGE hippie chick that still dances my ass off! Even belly dancing, I figure I got the belly for it.....:biggrin2: Give it a try!

looking forward tooooooo.......

*dancing (all types, :woot:)

i dunno dudes. i have a costume fetish.lol. and i wanna dance tango, cha-cha, merengue, salsa, tribal fusion, belly, bollywood, ballroom, and whatever else there is OMG, reggae. DANCEHALL hahaha.:)

Dancing is excellent exercise, so dance your butt off!