Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Clinic- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Well said Carol although I can't agree with your last comment. People embarking on their journey should know some of the issues people face that are not so rosy. This gives them a good balance of knowledge. Things can go wrong, but the beauty of the band is that most or all can be corrected not like bypass.

So....forge on, go into this with excitement and happiness that there will be an end to your obesity. And shame on those who have their 'warnings' and make this a scary venture for you.

Good Luck.

Carol

I think I would rather give the individual the benefit of doubt and assume that they are intelligent enough to know that no matter what the procedure.....it works out different for some than for others. I think we all already know this. So....why scare the poor thing going into her initial consultation with negative stuff.......we need to give her more credit than that.

Carol

Congrats on the 100lbs loss ! That is wonderful ! That is what I an working towards.

I also love my band :smile2: and if I had to do it over would do it in a heart beat. For me I have to fly to Toronto for all fills and really don't have the opportunity to attend boot camps and support sessions. I would love to be part of that !

I sometimes can't believe that I finally have the band...it is exciting, I have never felt or looked so good !

I JUST WANT TO SCREAM!!!! TLBC has done nothing but lie to me the whole time I have dealt with them!

They told me they had a fill dr in Sudbury then After I got my surgery they said they are in the process of training one ...NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME THEY DONT HAVE ONE PERIOD! I could have saved 8hrs of travel if they did.

They have mislead me and lied in SO many ways. I wish I had a lawyer in my back pocket.. I cant afford a $600 plane ticket evertime I need a fill.

I just want to cry right now.

I am so sorry the TLBC has come to this. There is the chance they may pay for your flight(s) back to Toronto for fills if you can show you were misled. The other thing you could do is advise them a complaint will be filed with the better business bureau. Hiring a lawyer can get to be pretty expensive but sometimes a letter from a solicitor to the company may give the clinic the incentive to make some sort of compensation. That is all I can suggest but I think you already know these suggestions. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

Thank you Doddie..that gives me some hope..I do have a e-mail from them saying they will send me a fill person if none is available to me...which they later recanted and said no.

Jorja,

Who promised you a fill person in Sudbury? I've never heard a clinic ever sending a fill person to us. They do try to find someone to do fills but sometimes it doesn't work out with the person they had in mind. Why aren't you contacting someone at TLBC to lodge your complaint instead of just complaining here where we can't do anything but listen?

Jane

Jane have you ever hit a brick wall before when dealing with people and you seem to get no where??? I have made several calls and e-mails and I'm not getting anywhere..SOOOOOO I thought maybe since this is a support website maybe just maybe someone else might have a better idea than what I have been trying. Thanks to Doddie she did give me several ideas. Guess you didnt read that part eh?

There's no need to get snarky with me, I am actually empathizing with your situation. Doddie did give you suggestions but you said you couldn't afford a flight so a lawyer would be even more expensive and possibly not get you anywhere. Lodging a complaint with the Better Business Bureau is always a choice you can make but it might not get you anywhere very quickly. I was merely suggesting that you keep trying to contact the clinic and get them to rectify this. We can give you all the support you need but we can't do anything about the situation is all I am trying to say. The only people that can give you fast results are the people at TLBC and if you feel they owe you something that was promised to you then you have to keep hounding them until you get an answer.

Jane.

I have been mislead and lied to so many times and I have found others who have dealt with the same as me. I should not have to fight for everything TLBC has promised me!

I didnt say I was going to go with a lawyer..I said I wished I had one in my back pocket...totally different than how you make it out.

I had the highest hopes of good service (especially with the amount of money I dropped) and I just keep getting let down. And as for complaining..I think it should be known to others who come on here to research this company to find out what they could be in for. I am a business owner and I would never treat my paying customers this way.

I needed to vent and I'm not the only one on here who has done so.

Please don't apologize for looking for support. Jane was totally out of line in her first message. She attacked you and your motives then comes back later to clarify what she meant. Which in my mind was not too much different to the first attack.

When persistant attempts to communicate with a company fail, they you must go to the very top. The have a new CEO now.

Long distant patients have difficulty dealing with Slimband because it appears there is no clear cut policy about what their aftercare is for us. The thing you have going for you is that "someone" promised you a fill doctor "before" you had the surgery and now refuse to give that service. Talk to another slimband person and they give you a totally different version of the policy. Try one more time by telephone and requesting to speak to the CEO. Have your questins ready and no satisfaction, then the other remedies could be tried.

Please keep posting for support because we all know that stress such as you are going thru causes emotional eating. Ignore the negative posts and take solace from the encouraging posts. :biggrin:

Sorry for being snarky I just feel lost.

Jorja, I'm sorry to hear you are not having much luck post op. I agree with Jane though that you really need to address this with TLBC. You had to go over your coordinator's head before so it's time to do the same again. If you were given promises then speak to whoever is charge and let them explain it all to you. Call call and call some more until you get to speak to someone who actually has some authority there.

Doddie, I think you are misinterpretating Jane's post because I saw nothing negative in there at all. She was suggesting that Jorja contact the people who have power not that she shouldn't post here for support but to do both. We have to be our own pitbulls in this and if we aren't happy, we have to go to the powers that be and get resolution.

Gotta love the internet and how a supportive piece of advice was deemed negative by some yet supportive by others.

Sorry I see it as a bit negative too. She's stated that she's talked to them and is getting nowhere. If that's not trying to address it with them, then I don't know what is.

And if we can't vent about these things and get courteous responses, then why claim to be helping?

Sometimes hearing some advice from someone else when you are frustrated and at a loss where to go and what to do next is very helpful. I've heard a few of you say "deal with TLBC and not here" but my reading of her posts say that she is doing that.

It is hard in the written word to get the emotions behind what the person is saying. Sometimes I'm sure people don't mean something they've said to sound as it comes across.

If you have proof (and it seems that you do in an email) that they've promised you something, then I agree with Doddie that you need to talk to the very top person and see what they are going to do for you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Mary