Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate going to the gym. To be honest, I hate exercising! But it is something I have to do. I'm not the most coordinated so I do a lot of stumbling around in most of the classes. I'm much more comfortable at home but I don't have a home gym.

Anyway, I was flipping through the sales ads and saw an advertisement for the Wii Fit that will be released next week. I actually got excited about it and asked my husband to order me one for Mother's Day. It has aerobics, yoga, strength training and balance activities.

The only bad thing is that it is just like the console... in demand and hard to get. I'm hoping my husband pre-ordered it before they went out of stock.

I saw that advertised and was wondering about it too. Would love to see a review of it from a fitness magazine or some other reputible source before plunking down the $$. If you are lucky enough to get it (fingers crossed for ya!!), please post and let us knwo how you like it!

I think we'll be getting one when they're easy to get hold of. Its about to be released here. I know I should be doing some strength training but I need some sort of external motivator to do it.

As far as aerobic work goes, the ads on telly look a bit lame to me, lol. I'd rather go out and kill myself running.

I am excited about Wii fit as well, I pre-ordered it and will be picking it up on the 19th. I had a feeling they were going to be a hot item so I ordered it as soon as it was available. I am looking forward to the yoga section as I can really use the help with my balance and form. I'll let you know how it works.

:thumbup:

Hi all, my parents ordered it for me as a Mother's Day gift. I can't wait to get it. If you would like a preview, go to www.wiifit.com

Their website gets updated daily and the great thing is the more points you accumulated the more programs gets released.

i dont believe in such stuff,its adverts only i mean common if we didnt bust our a$$es out in a gym or even workin out by merely joggin are we gonna bother using some cheap Chinese gadget which wont gonna bear our weight and probably would malfunction after a while,come on

Hi all,

had my wii fit for 2 weeks now and have to say is brilliant......You can do step aerobics, jogging, muscle training, yoga and loads more without leaving the house which is my problem when I get home from a long day at work.

It checks your weight and bmi each day and works out your fit age which was 15 years too high but its coming down nicely.

Only one problem, its quite addictive which I suppose can only be good..

Julie

I just heard about this, and ran a search but got no results, started to post if anyone had tried this and ran across this thread! This looks so interesting. i'm too self conscious to go to a gym. even too self conscious to run or ride a bike outside (have gone bike riding w/ my daughter after dark a couple of times though) and i really need a regular regimen.

we have this wii, that my game addicted hubby had to have, but now never plays, my boys have even asked to buy it. now maybe we'll get some use out of it.

i'm so glad i saw this thread! thanks for posting this great info!

I would still go to the gym, but it looks like a lot of freaking fun. It would be good for those days that the gym closes early or if it's raining or snowing and you don't want to go out of the house. OR night time when you can't sleep, plus it's a game. I want one I want one!

I saw the advertisement on tv. I don't have a Wii yet because they are so hard to get but I plan on purchasing it and the Wii Fit. I would use it on those bad weather days as I go outside and workout as often as weather permits. On the rainy day I use the on demand segment on my tv and just workout to the exercise channel they have there (it's free with my cable service). For those of you that have it let us know how it works once you give it a run.

Well, I won a Wii-Fit on ebay. I found one for $119. I think the original sales store price was $90, so I thought it was a good deal without the hassle of trying to get one in the store, plus I live in TN so put an extra 10% on that for sales tax. I'll let you know when I actually get it in my hot little hands! I bought one that the seller had "in Hand", not a pre-order.

Lucky you!!! Please do let us know how you like it!

DH mentioned the other day that he would like to buy a gaming system for himself. Of course, I caually said, "Yes, a Wii would be nice", with the idea of eventually buying this program twirling around in my head the entire time! :)