Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here's my question. If I eat because I like the taste, not because I'm hungrey, will the Lapband stop me? Some days I feel so in control and others like a giant slug!

Joan

I'm only a week into my lapband journey, but I know that if I drink too much broth or eat too much yogurt, I feel so sick. The trick that I'm trying to learn is to listen to my body's telling me enough the first time around. In the past I would not listen to my body until the third or even fourth time it would tell me I was full.

This might not be politically correct, but my advised is to tell those bitches goodbye. You don't need negative people in your life...

I got banded in 6/11 and I am not looking back...this is a new beginning/journey for me. I am even going to get a tattoo to mark the occasion!

Thank you!!!! to everyone that reply these these thread, The words that was giving to me were WONFERFUL, I having my Band put in on JUNE24th with the support of a handful of family and friends. I'm thankful for my family here at Lapband talk, because of the wonderful support that we give each other,I know I will be ok after june 24th. SO many thanks to everyone

Ishia:smile2:

At the seminar, my doc held his hand about 3 feet off the floor and said, "this is the risk you take with the lap band." Then he raised his hand to 4 feet off the floor and said, "this is the risk you take with the bypass." Then he raised his hand way above his head and said, "this is the risk you take if you do nothing."

That made an impression on me.

I was banded in May and haven't regretted it for one moment.

I understand exactly what you are saying. I have been quietly researching the band for months and finally made my appointment for next week. My grown sons flipped out. They know how I have struggled for years but feel I should be able to do it on my own. If I could I would not have spent thousand of dollars to loss weight in the past and not keep it off. I even worked for a weight loss company. I need this tool and was so upset that they didnt support me. My one son said he was disappointed in me and that hurt me more than I can say. All that being said we have to do what we have to do. What is great is that we have this wonderful site for support. Good luck I am sure you and I will be successful inspite of them!

I'm sorry people are making you feel bad about your decision. I had my surgery about three months ago, and even at this point I don't tell anyone I don't have to.

Would anyone from your family be willing to go to a seminar? I took my mom even though I had already been to one and it helped her understand that I wasn't just lazy and lacking self-control. She also saw how much I was willing to give up for my band, in terms of foods I thoroughly enjoyed. She also spoke with my primary care physician with my father (I wasn't there - my father has the same doctor) and he explained why he felt it was important for me to have the surgery and that I had a real medical condition that prevented me from losing

weight and that it wasn't because I was lazy.

I don't know if any of this helps, but I hope so. Good Luck!

- Eris

To heck with other people girl, I get the same thing and just have to let it go. My surgery is tomorrow, and I'm excited about the new start but a little nervous also about the whole thing!! Hang in there!!

Darie

hang in there, you are always gonna have people say whatever, regardless, don,t let them get you down especially family of all people should be supporting you , glad you got your date, good luck.(smile)