Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm frustrated

Why must I be so impatient :thumbup:

I just started my 6 month diet a few days ago and I still have 5 1/2 months to go. I am frustrated.

The diet is going well I have lost 3 pounds but I am just so impatient when it comes to the long wait to finally having surgery and having this diet be over.

I think I am so frustrated because I weigh 416 pounds (started at 419) and I have a hard time fitting into chairs and such and not just that. I also barely fit into my clothes anymore (30/32) I can't find clothes to fit me and I only have one pair of jeans that truly feels comfortable.

Being 22 and not being able to find clothes is horrible. I have never really had a life to begin with. I have been big since I was a baby.:thumbup:

Everywhere I go people stare at me. I feel like the laughing stock of everyone. In school (highschool and college) I never fit in the desks and it's just hard.

Sitting down on furniture (such as couches) I have to be really careful, the old couch we had broke (thanks to me :thumbup:) and now we have a new one that we've had for like 3 months and It's already breaking some (a piece of wood in it snapped)

I know I am losing and this is going to be a long journey, but I can't help but feel miserable at the same time. :frown:

I am super-excited I started this journey in april, but it just seems like it's going to be forever before my actual surgery and I've always been very impatient.:thumbup: I just wish things went more quickly.

I know I may seem careless with this post but I am just in one of those moods (we all have them) And I just wish I was further along in my process.:thumbup:

I can't wait for the bandwagon to start moving more quickly and for my surgery to finally be here. October/November seems so far away. I am excited for it to finally be here though.

Thank you so much for listening to my pathetic vent. I hope I don't seem too heartless.:lol:

I am on my 6th month and can't even believe it! It went super fast and it was a good time for me to soak up all the info i could. It was also a good time for me to practice chewing, eating better etc. I do have my down days especially as the time is getting close. You will go through your ups and downs during the 6 months, but I promise it does go faster than you think. The first month is the hardest. I know is sounds cliche, but keep thinking about your new life and how great it will be. This board is the best support system that I could have asked for. Utilize it to it's fullest. You will surely always find someone who is going through the same thing as you are. I wish you the best of luck. Tamara

Oh, let it flow! Feel free to vent anytime!! That's what we are here for.

Six months is a long time to wait for surgery, but by doing the pre-op diet, you are already working towards a better you. You said you have been big all your life. So you have already waited 22 years to start this. What's six more months to wait for surgery? You have already started the journey by doing the diet and pre-op testing. The rest of the time will fly by faster than you can imagine. Just hang in there, keep your chin up, and keep up the good work. That 3 pounds will be 10 before you know! From here, the only way to go is down. Good luck!

I am considering getting banded and I have my first doctor's appointment May 19th. I have always been overweight...with the exception of 4 years when I popped diet pills from a shaddy doctor...anyways I found this website...which is great! But it leaves me with some quesitons. I would appreciate any information!

1. What is PB? That everone is referring too?

2. Can you still have alcohol? This is a grey area

3. Honestly, How long is the recovery time after surgery.

4. I have heard some people say that have to wait 6 months before having the surgery...just wondering why?

Thanks!!!

Froggi - Hang in there. When I found out I had to do a 6 month diet I was disappointed but like Tami I have used the time to practice and learn. I am much better prepared for this now. This is a journey and surgery is not the destination; it is much closer to the beginning.

Heather -

1. PB - productive burp: food comes up without retching stomach so it is not vomiting; often caused by overeating

2. Yes, but it is high calorie so not too much.

3. Varies; many people say some activities are fine after a couple of days but they tire easily for a few weeks.

4. Insurance approval may require a 6 month doctor supervised diet. Many people do not have a record of that.

Hope this helps.

Hey Froggi,

Those six months are going to pass no matter what you do - so imagine at the end of those months if you had not started this process and had not completed the diet plan. Now it is 6 months later and nothing to show for it! Now....you hung in there, taking in all the advice and words of wisdom on this site and now the 6 months is over and you are having your surgery and giving great advice to others.

Much better? I think so.

You are young and so of course you are impatient. Perfectly understandable. Just hang in there and stay on this site as much as you can.

Good luck

Your 6months will go by so fast, take that time to learn as much as you can about yourself and the lapband!! I just finished my six months and it flew by so fast. Now I'm waiting to hear from my Ins. Company, YOU CAN DO IT

This post really hit home with me. I read it twice, i felt like you were discribing my situation before i got banded as well. The 6 months is a long haul for sure but i found it passed quickly if i took it a week at a time. The end all has been one of the most greatest things i have ever done for myself. Please hang in there and know that IT WILL GET BETTER and that you can do it!

Thanks so much you guys for all the positive comments. Made me feel some better. I'm still frustrated but I'm going to go at it day by day and hope it goes quickly like you all said. Thank you again, I really appreciate it. The 6 months should help me learn a lot more so I don't have so many more compliations and such when surgery does finally come around!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!:lol:

Your 6months will go by so fast, take that time to learn as much as you can about yourself and the lapband!! I just finished my six months and it flew by so fast. Now I'm waiting to hear from my Ins. Company, YOU CAN DO IT

Also ISmith, I just wanted to let you know your ticker isn't showing. It looks like you put the wrong coding.

I am considering getting banded and I have my first doctor's appointment May 19th. I have always been overweight...with the exception of 4 years when I popped diet pills from a shaddy doctor...anyways I found this website...which is great! But it leaves me with some quesitons. I would appreciate any information!

1. What is PB? That everone is referring too?

2. Can you still have alcohol? This is a grey area

3. Honestly, How long is the recovery time after surgery.

4. I have heard some people say that have to wait 6 months before having the surgery...just wondering why?

Thanks!!!

Hi Heather!

A PB is a port block. It can happen if you eat too much or eat too big of bites etc. It can cause pain and nausea etc.

You can have alochol after 1 year after surgery just not a lot, it's lots of calories.

Recovery varies I'd say most is a couple of weeks but it all depends on the person.

And the 6 month waiting period usually has to do with insurance. My insurance requires I do a diet for 6 months or they will not pay for the surgery.

Your 6 months will go so quickly. I started this whole process at the beginning of the year and by the time I'm banded it will be almost 6 months. It just seems like yesterday that I started. Plus, it will give our surgeon time to get more experience. That's the one thing that worries me the most sometimes. With you following the diet that we're doing, your body will get healthier and be ready for surgery. I know that it really stinks right now thinking you have to wait, but you'll get there sooner than you think. :lol:

Edited by kdlee