Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin Supplements w/Iron

What type of Vitamins (with iron) does everyone take? I normally take the GNC Woman's Mega Vitamins, two at a time, but they are huge and I won't be able to take them post-surgery so I'd like to start now with a good Multi-Vitamin and I must have Iron in it, I have fibermyalgia and I am exhausted all of the time, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank-you,

Kat

My Dr. says to take a children's chewable that says "plus iron" on it. The lady who teaches the pre-op class recommends the Equate ones at Walmart. They have enough enough Vitamins and minerals in them for us AND they're economical. (She also mentioned another brand, I think it's One Source, but I do remember it said Super Kids on the bottle.) We're told to chew two per day in the morning.

I just take kids chewables, there's virtually no adult liquid or chewable Vitamins on the mainstream market here, perhaps you could find them online somewhere but at a pharmacy or health food store, forget it. We have a couple of effervescent liquid ones but they're not terribly complete.

YOu probably will be able to take them, but even before banding I found taking big pills traumatic, I just gag and vomit them back up, I'm a real baby about it. But if I can swallow them they go through my stomach with no drama. I take big fish oil pills, they're easier as they're capsules but I loathe doing it and many many days I dont.

I wanted to thank everyone that has left me suggestions, you were all very helpful!

Kat

I take "Lil Critters" gummi-vites with Iron. I think they taste way better than normal chewables. They actually taste really good. My doc says I can take those after surgery as long as I make sure to chew well.

GNC also has a liquid Vitamin that is supposed to taste well enough, never had it though.

I haven't been banded yet, but I found Centrum Silver chewables (for us ol' farts). They aren't too bad!

I am also on the lookout for Vitamins. Thanks for letting me know that i can take chewable ones of the kiddo's. Im looking for a adult liquid one that is complete, anyone know of one? Also were military and stationed in germany, so i don't have serious selections so i dont' mind ordering from online.

Flinstones chewables have Iron but they taste AWFUL compared to the gummy-vites, which don't have Iron.< /p>

I take a multi without iron and use SlowFE as an iron supplement when I need it. I'd recommend doing that rather than taking a nasty-tasting multi. The SlowFE is a timed-release tablet so easier on your stomach and less likely to cause Constipation.< /p>

Buy Slow Fe Slow Release Iron, Tablets Online at drugstore.com