Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's getting banded in June

Yeah, I got my surgery date! I will be banded on June 10th by Dr. Jawad in Ocala.........preop on June 5th. Is anyone else getting banded in June?

I am so ready!!!!!

Congratulations Free To Be! We welcome you to the Jazzy Junies. There are getting to be quite a few of us being banded in June. You are the 4th person to be banded on the 10th. I too will join you in the operating room on that day. Please find our thread under the 2008 June bandsters jules K

Yes, I just found out this afternoon that I will be banded on June 25th. I could have done it a bit earlier, but I'm a school teacher and wanted to be out on break. I am so excited! Good luck with your pre-op. My pre-op visit is a week and a half after yours. :cursing:

Hoping for a June date also-keep your fingers crossed!

Going to the shrink on Monday--wish me luck--I REALLY want to go in there and say "the voices in my head told me to---MWUHUHUHUHUH!":tt2:

Thank you to all who responded, I will check out our thread for the June brides ( I will feel like I am on a honeymoon :-) I mean bandsters......gosh I love saying that..... I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers!

Hi! My name is Kerry and I will be banded on June 17th! I would love to chat, but I'm not real great at knowing how to use this site yet, but I'm learning! I'm going to see about gettin on board with the rest of the "June Bugs".

I am set for June 12th...I am excited, nervous and every other emotion imaginable...I have been going through the process of gather all the information that I can for almost 2 years so I am ready and can't wait...

June 16th here! Need to lose may last 6lbs before I go in for my weigh in on the 2 of June and we should be ready to go... keep your fingers crossed ladies and gents :lol:

June 30th. It makes me nervous just adding myself to the list I feel like I've been driving 120 mph, and by the time of the Big Day, I will be going the speed limit. That is hard to imagine.

Hi, I just joined the site tonight after "lurking" for a few months and this is my first post. My surgery is scheduled for June 4 in Columbia, SC. I'm very excited! I started my pre-op diet 3 days ago and have already lost about 4 lbs! Good thing since I'd gained about 12 since the first part of Feb. :smile: It hasn't been hard so far although I'm sure I'll have my moments over the next 4 weeks.

I was scheduled for May 5th but got a really bad upper respiratory infection so had to reschedule - June 6th is the date! I'm excited but a little scared as I am going out of state to have it done and my sister was supposed to go with me - since the rescheduling, she can't go - going it alone!! They don't really recommend that, but I don't have a choice. I feel more nervous now about it than I did before. I'll be in a different state for 3 1/2 days by myself - oh joy! I am determined though to get this surgery done, so I will make it. Wish me well, I will need it!:thumbup:

I am also joining the June Bandsters. My surgery is the same as yours, Susanm, June 12, in Cincinnati. I mirror everyone's sentiments; I am scared, nervous, EXCITED! While I know my focus should be on preparing for this huge change and becoming healthier, I am still wondering "how much and how fast?" I have seen some people lose tremendous amounts of weight in the first few months and others toil on for longer. I am afraid of failing as I have in the past with other diets and am trying to gear for a steady, but slow, weight loss to keep from being discouraged if I am one of those whose weight sticks with me. When I am thinking with my brain, I know there are so many variables that determine the amount and quickness. Either way, I am in this for the lifetime. I want to spend the rest of my life enjoying good health and looking better in pictures than I ever have.