Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you drink soda?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink soda?

• Yes- my doctor says it's okay
    • Yes- but my doctor says not to
    • No- because my doctor says no
    • No- but not because of the band, just cause I don't like it

also if you're on a CLEAR liquid diet you shouldnt be drinking some juices (if you can't see through them)

I guess I could...but then I wouldn't really be doing my job correctly. The consumer isn't swishing it around and spitting it out. I am not all that worried about but it is something I will have to really be aware of. :lol:

LOLOL snt noooooooo :)

I used to drink a lot of diet coke, but since my surgery MANY things taste different and soda is one of them. I don't enjoy it when I cheat and drink it?? Don't know why but its just another one of those things that has been out of my life since the band! Now it tastes VERY sweet to me. :crying: :)

I used to drink lots of soda. I was hooked on Dr. Pepper. Since surgery I've cut it off, but everyone once in awhile, I want a sip. A couple days ago, I took a VERY small sip of my husband's and held it in my mouth until it fizzed up and had no more fizzy bubbles. Can anyone explain the real danger with soda. My doc says no soda, but doesn't really offer a satisfactory reason as to why.

I can live with no soda... and I don't crave it or anything. I've been so good since I cut it out and have been very surprised at my will power regarding this subject, since I have unsuccessfully tried to eliminate it from my diet during pre band life. I'm just wondering about people's perceptions on soda.

oh i understand i was addicteed to diet coke and have not had any for 6weeks its good caus ei just drink Water but i try not to think about it.

My doctor actually told me to much soda can eventually rot the band and it is full of sodium which cause ur stomach to swell hope this helps

susie

I have tried the Burger King frozen Coke 'Icee' after fills and when I needed to calm my stomach down after pb'ing ( cola Syrup is given by Dr's for upset stomachs) and it went down nice and easy, was very delish when I needed calming.:thumbup:

My surgeon doesn't approve-although they do recommend 'de-carbonated' diet ginger ale...:lol:

The icee doesn't seem as bubbly as unfrozen coke-but did have bubbles as it melted...cool stuff imho....:thumbup:

HI I noticed you were rebanded on 8/5. I just got rebanded on the 18th due to a slip also. They put my new ap band in in a much higher position. Was wondering how things are going with you and what they said about your new band placement. I was banded 4 years prior to a slip.

I don't drink pop anymore since banding. I found that drinking diet coke was a trigger for eating for me.

I now find myself craving Water now. Most sugar free things don't taste that great anymore and Water really seeems to hit the spot. I have tasted flat pop since banding once or twice, and it tastes awful. Did my tastes change or did it always taste that bad and I was just used to it????

I went from 4 liters a day of diet coke to one or two cans a day in the two weeks prior to surgery.

I am ALMOST off of them completely, but once in a while (every couple of days) I will have one.

I will still drink sparkling Water, though. It might not be right, but as long as I drink it slow, and remember to burp... it seems to be OK for me.

Even though I was never a big pop drinker, maybe a serving a day, I found myself really wanting pop after my surgery. Now 3 months post op I no longer have that craving. Yay!

come on everyone. if your doctor told you you could drink it you might need to find another doctor.

dont mess up what you have waited so long for. soda is very bad for you. no no no no no no just say no

and the acid in it is not good for us. no matter if its flat or not dont drink it.

Edited by JASON R

I have always been able to stop drinking sodas when I want to, but when the doctor tells you no more it makes the cravings 10 times worst.:)

Once in a while i give in to temptation and buy a small soda. But each time it is guaranteed to hurt going down and again I'm reminded why I shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

I miss it! I did love Diet Dr Pepper too! I miss it so much, but I want to be successful in this whole thing so I am never going to have it again. One day I bought some Diet 7UP and put it in the blender and let it go flat, but it was just not the same. So Everytime I crave soda I will just feel how small my stomach is getting and grab the water bottle instead!