Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What would you like to see at a Convention?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see at a Convention?

I'm there. I'm also a professional photographer and would to donate my time taking 'after' portraits. You just pay for the prints. Just schedule me a place to set up a 'portrait set' and in between speaking sessions and I'm in. Jeanie

That would completely rock!

Jazlady,

What an amazing gift you are going to provide. Thank you so much for your generosity. I will have a place set up for you, don't worry about that.

Cher,

Just keep me posted of the details as it progresses. I don't always stay up with the boards. But I do have your website too and I will check that. Please put it on the convention information so people can bring nice outfits to take their photo's in.

I can't wait!!

Jeanie

Hi <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Cher</st1:place>:

I hope this becomes an annual event for you. May I suggest <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Las Vegas</st1:place></st1:City> as a possible location in the future? I'm not a great fan of Vegas but it is easy to get to for almost anyone in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">U.S.</st1:place></st1:country-region>, cheap hotels rooms no matter your budget, and can be a family trip with plenty for spouses and kids to do while we attend the conference.

Would love to see it in late fall (October or later) for inspiration for getting through the deadly holiday season. Panel presentations of both successful lap-banders and unsuccessful attempts. Maybe a mentor program where newbies can be paired up with those who have achieved goal. And a "buffet" for lap-band friendly foods and portions. If there's a conference hotel would love to see exercise sessions in the morning - maybe split between beginners, intermediates and advanced. And oh yes, don't forget some events that allow the singles to get together. :biggrin2:

Most of all I would love to see invitations given to insurance companies. I was just turned down for permanent health insurance because I told them I was going to be lap-banded. I know I may never be able to get life insurance if banded. I know it’s a lot harder to get disability. I find it ironic that taking action to get healthy makes me an insurance pariah! :D Let them come see some successes and maybe that will no longer be a problem.

Thanks,

Susan<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Thanks for promoting this event Julie, I really appreciate it.

I did want to give a quick update as to what you should expect of the weekend.

Speakers

Mary Jo Rapini- Body Image and Sexuality

Cher Ewing- Is your band failing you or are you failing your band? (My Story)

Dr. Frank Veninga- Educating your support system

Dr. Johnathan Heistein- Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kevin Prentice- Health & Transformation Chiropractor

Diane Wallace RD- Master Centers Dietitian

Chef Leslie Moore- Will share band friendly recipes

We will also have people volunteer to receive a make-over and then we will choose three people via random draw to receive a make-over after the Saturday event and before the Fall Fling (should be fun).

Other exciting events planned

• <LI class=style41>Clothing Exchange <LI class=style41>Raffle for a LAP-BAND Surgery <LI class=style38>Professional Photographer <LI class=style38>Dancing with Soul to Soul
  • Before and After Slide Show

I am currently working with Dr. Garth Davis assistant to see if he will be available to attend the conference. It is looking very good, once I have confirmation I will let everyone know.

Also in the works are some really nice give aways. Spa Treatments, Retreat get aways, great goodie bags with Protein, Vitamins and some surprises.

I hope you guys are excited about the Conference. I am hosting this conference for all of you. LAP-BANDERS get the backseat when it comes to support and conferences and I'm trying to change that.

Remember early bird pricing is going on until July 15, 2008 so take advantage and book your spot today.

((HUGS))

~Cher~

I'd love to come, is it rude to ask what the price is? And I might be missing something but what was the date? :confused2:

oops, just saw the blog.