Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I'm starving and depressed!

Hi i was banded on the 24th and I did stay on my liquid diet for a week and a day then i moved to puddings(sf)and mashed potato's, Soups such as Tomato, potato etc... trust me it does get better, and just try to add a little thicker food as you go. Good luck...

Thank You everybody! Reading your answers really did make me feel better. I made some homemade cream of broccoli Soup and I feel much more human! I'm just glad to know I'm not the only who was hungry!

You are so not the one that is "feeling hungry" - I am trying to not use the "S" word to phych myself out. I am feeling more emotionally hungry than anything. Now that all the hoopla is over with the surgery its just me and my eating issues to deal with. Oh, and to make things even better, today when I wentto my surgeons office to have my bandages checked, the lady nurse had me wait while she finished her Subway combo in front of me - chips and all -uuuuugggh.

I would take it as a positive sign that your body has adapted well to the band and is not stressed by it. Regardless, you need to take care of your investment.

Also... please don't take this wrong way (anything I write is meant with kindness and support)... children in Africa are starving - I like to remind myself that my body has enough stores to keep it going for some time without starving:)

Hi I got banded on Cinco de mayo and I'm starving too! BUT my doctor put me on CLEAR liquids! I "cheated" last night and today by sipping a tiny bit of slimfast. I can't wait until muschies! Why do some people get the luxury of having FULL liquids? I would kill for some cream soup!

if you are getting depressed that is not good. this is the beginning of a new life for you. and you should be happier than you've ever been. i think its good that you had some creamed Soups. thin them out with a little milk and blend them some more. you will feel like you just had a feast. your spirits will soar. good luck and stay focused.

Edited by favorite

This site is great!

I was banded on may 6, and I know that I am hungry because I hear my stomach growl!!!

I can't start on mushies until 5-13, and it is hard. Thanks for all of the tips!

Boy the weight is slow to come off. I am 30 days post op and have lost 11 pounds. I am sure it is more than I would of lost with out the band. I am better on mushie food and I have noticed is am not as hungry. I get to start regular food this week and will be on vacation. I am sure that will be hard. I don't have my first fill until June 2nd. I am hoping that will help me loose a little more weight.

I really feel for the people who have to stay on liquids for more than a week. My surgery was last Thursday, I can have "anything I can sip through a straw" including cream Soups, and I'm starting to get hungrier now than I did in the first few days. A cup of cream Soup fills me up but I'm getting hungry again after 3-4 hours which I wasn't doing before. I'm looking forward to starting mushies on Friday.

So it must be all that much harder for people who have to stay on the liquids for longer. I do think "suck it up" sounds kind of harsh but it's what we all have to do to get through this process. Nobody promised us it was going to be easy, we just have to want it badly enough. I recently heard something that I think is pretty good..... "hunger is not an emergency", so I keep trying to remind myself of that!

Anyway I do feel for you... there's some good advice in this thread. Hang in there, I know it will get better!

bobbil,

I know how you feel. I am almost 30 days post op and I have only lost 13 lbs. I am trying not to weigh myself more than once a week but it's hard. I feel hungry alot more now and can't wait till my fill on 06-10-08. Hopefully that will help. I also talked to some other people and they said that the 3rd and 4th week was the hardest.

Thanks Ashley! Good to know there are so many out there feeling the same. Hang in there, too!