Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May Realize bandits out there?

Hey KathrynRose, I keep a small lap pillow close at hand. I have my cats who want to lay on my stomach, and I also have a mini doxie who always wants to jump on me. With the pillow its not so bad. So hold your baby, cause they only stay little for a little bit of time. My son is now 32 and by baby girl just turned 27.

May 7th bander here.:welldoneclap: I to have the realize band. :Banane44: Was up walking and home same day. Not to much pain. My pain only really comes when I get in a coughing spell,:Banane53: and its only in 1 place. My neighbor and I are going through this together. It's nice to have someone else to compare notes with. Have gas pains -but not to bad. They compared this with having your tubes tied, but let me tell you this is a piece of cake compared to that. I have my follow-up on the 14th and can't wait. I too have a squishy pillow that I carry around to put in front of me, and it helps. Good luck everyone.:lol:

Was banded on the 9th. I felt great! Since then I have a hard time getting a deep breath. It hurts under my rib cage and the gas in my left shoulder sometimes gets unbarable. And...I want to throw up!! The nasaua comes and goes. I am trying real hard not to throw up. I think I was trying to be superwoman yesterday and now I am paying for it.

I am to be banded on May 23 with the Realize band. I to am looking forward to their website.:welldoneclap:

I am being banded on May 15th - this thursday!!! Have to admit I am a little nervous. REALLY sick of the liver shrinking diet!:welldoneclap:

My Dr.s office gave me a number (password) to get on the REALIZE site a few weeks ago. You are only allowed to see a specific area of the site but it does give you an idea of what is (or will be) available. Ask your doctor's office! They sent me a reminder when I did not put my weight in a week later! Cool!

I too am going to be banded with the Realize band! I am awaiting my aproval! I am so happy for you all! Please keep up to date on your success! Again congatulations!

I was banded on May 6 with the Realize Band. I did not even know that it was an option with my doctor until I received the letter of welcome from the doc informing me that I had a Realize band. I have heard pros and cons to it vs. the LapBand. It seems similar though, and I will be questioning my doc on my follow-up appt this week.

I am already sure I will need a fill at the 1st opportunity because I find myself hungry and not feeling any restriction. But it could just be head hunger, and I am losing... This will be an exciting and educating new journey in life. :leaving:

I am a little over a week post-op (5/9). Feeling fabulous! For me finding the satisfied/full feeling, I have to eat really slow and savor every bite. Doing this I recognize when I am satisfied. I haven't even been eating my 1/2 cup of food. I am hungry between meals some but I drink a little Protein Drink and I am good. I don't know that I have a lot of restriction...I guess I am scared to push it. So far loving my Realize band! Good luck to everyone.

I am a little over a week post-op (5/9). Feeling fabulous! For me finding the satisfied/full feeling, I have to eat really slow and savor every bite. Doing this I recognize when I am satisfied. I haven't even been eating my 1/2 cup of food. I am hungry between meals some but I drink a little Protein drink and I am good. I don't know that I have a lot of restriction...I guess I am scared to push it. So far loving my Realize band! Good luck to everyone.

Ditto for me! I did push it once, however! I let myself get to the point of starvation and wolfed my food down. Soon after, I thought I was having a heart attack. Learned my lesson. I now eat veeerrrry slowly!

I also haven't had a "movement" since the day before I started my preop diet. Now that I count, it's been 18 days!:confused_smile:

I have had 2 movements since my pre-op...so this is an issue for me too. I have read about using milk of magnesia. I certainly think you should do something since it has been 18 days for you.:(

I get the Realize band on the 27th. I move my date from the 13th to the 27th so I could have the Realize band. I have heard good things about it and am VERY EXCITED!!!!

I'm getting the Realize band on May 28th! My surgeon said there really is no difference between the Realize and the LapBand except for the fact that the LapBand has been used in the US longer.

Hi, Banded May 2, with Realize. I was amazed by the lack of pain. Oh, don't get me wrong, May 3 was awful. I had to spend the night in the hospital, with a morphine pump. I used it, but on Saturday, I only used it, when I had to. Got home, Saturday afternoon and slept for a few hours. The next few days, kids motrin was all it took, to take the edge off. Right now, I have a strange feeling, that runs on the right side of my stomach. The doc said it was the muscles. It's not constant. Other then that, I feel fine. I still clutch my stomach when I cough or laugh, but I am great.

A two year decision that I will never regret. I am already down 20 pounds, YA HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I go back June 19 for my first fill.

I am Rubberband's neighbor. Funny, but neither one of us, knew the other was having this done till 2 weeks before my surgery. She was banded 5 days later.

Good luck and congrats to all of you. I'm glad I found this forum.

Have a great day.