Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ May 2008 Chat

Waaahooo Kat I'm glad you're doing well. 12 pounds holy smokes.....heal up quick my friend.

Well I made it another day!!! I am extremely sore today, but I expected to be!

After my weekend in TX, and having too much to eat and too much to drink-I weighed 185.5 the morning of surgery, then they took off 12 pounds he said, and when I weighed in here at home I weighed 198!!! I about cried~~~ But it has crept back down, and I again sit at 185.5----so hoping to see some further results soon!! I am really swollen---I don't have a waist curve, I am straight up and down---my rings won't go on, my toes look like sausages!!! So.....It will go down, I am just impatient!!!

The drain tubes, and the very ends of my incision is what really hurts. Today he removed the pain medication ball I have been wearing, it is a small ball about the size of a billiard ball--filled with pain medication, then there are teeny tiny tubes running to each end of my incision--and pain medication slowly seeped into the wound. I helped a lot, because I was a lot less tender when it was on! He took it off, and removed the tubes for it.

I go back next Wed. for a checkup and to determine if my drains might get to be removed. He said everything looked great. My belly button looks better than I had anticipated.

Once again, this straight sitting is not feeling good, it puts pressure where the drain tubes are inside me----I'll check in tomorrow. Thanks for all the good wishes, I felt better knowing you were all out there!!! Some of the girls have a pictures uploaded already---if you come across a link, check them out, we had a blast!!!

Kat

Kat ohhhhhh my sweet friend, I'm so glad your surgery is over and your on your way to a bikini :biggrin: feel better sweetie and be gentle on yourself, the pain scares the crap out of me.

Sherry, pheeew on the accident. I'm glad you didn't sustain worse injuries my gosh. How are you feeling? One thing about accidents is usually a few weeks later something else winds up hurting. Be careful.

Jetti congrats on the wl w/out a fill, thats like almost unheard of. You go girl !!!!

Pat :rolleyes2:

Well kiddies... its memorial weekend and still no fill for me. bak bak bak bak.... Every time I say I'm going to go, I come up with some sort of excuse sigh. Here I have this amazing tool and I don't want to use it properly .... some one give me a big swift kick will yah.

Other than that, SOSDD... been awake since 5 am, cleaned the living rm, kitchen, bathroom, fish tank, hamster cage and i'm pooped !!! LOL I have to shower and then the rest of the day is mine mine mine :redface: well sort of lol.

Love you girls... it may be slow in here but its great to pop in and know your all here. I do miss the other chicklets though.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and be safe.

*HUGS & KISSES*

Sherry--life has been so crazy I missed your accident post----I am so sorry, I am so sorry, but glad you are ok. My DD had the same kind of accident the 2nd day she had her license!!! She refused to drive to school, the parking lot was too crazy she said. So she walked home, got her car and was driving to track practice across town. There was a car turning in front of her and she stopped but the girl flying up behind her didn't----just made her little car into an accordian! She too was in a neck brace following her ambulance ride! I hope you are all better VERY soon, please forgive me for my lack of focus.....

Kat

Kat no need to apologize at all. You've got alot going there my friend. Heck I think you're probably in more pain than I am, from your surgery. I do hope you're feeling better and things are healing up for you.

Eileen - I hear ya on the fill thing...I took the chance and got the fill in April but, you know...it's as if I never had it. Some acid reflux at times yet I feel as if I can eat too much still and naturally because I can I'm tending to do that especially being stuck at home more UGH. I've gained weight instead of losing it at this point too. Disappointed in myself and I'll kick your butt if you'll kick mine if you think that will actually help us. I have a feeling I'd heal the wound by eating though. UGH. I just don't understand how having more fill in my band and all how I'm able to eat. I mean the doc put in quite a bit. Oy Vay! I really need to get to walking again once this neck of mine is healed up.

Pat - speaking of surgeries, TTs and all.....are you all healed up now? How long does it take for the swelling to go down and you know you're true size after surgery? Always curious about that. I really wish I could get this apron taken off but, I still have more to lose.....unfortunately lately I'm going the wrong way in weight for that. How are you doing?

Betty - How are you? Miss ya. My computer was on the blink for a while....DH had to take out Vista because I HATE IT and replace it back with XP. Being that I'm not one of his IT customers I had to wait my turn. grrrr It's up and running now but, now I have to download some programs that I like again. Looking forward to your posts :)

Jetti - You really have done well with your weightloss. What type of exercising are you doing? You look awesome!

Well my neck I thought was healing up because I was feeling pretty good Friday night and Saturday but, by Saturday afternoon the kink was knotting up again :biggrin: I feel my head isn't on straight and I can't see my Chiro until Wed because of the holiday. I took my last flexiril last night and now I'm stuck only taking liquid Tylenol which doesn't really work well, I miss my Go Tabs! (Any clue why they stopped making Go Tabs those were awesome!) I actually have to log off now because I need to go ice this thing...it's buggin me. Oh good news...my car is fixable. Insurance didn't total it and get this......The guy that hit me actually called my insurance company and let them know it was all his fault! I couldn't believe it when I called my insurance about something else she told me. She said she was waving my deductible because he had called. He told her his insurance company paid him the value of his car because it was totalled and he really wanted to make sure I was taken care of because it was his fault. He's 22 and I do have to say he was apologizing at the accident scene and did call the emergency folks for me right away. He was also apologizing to my husband when he got there. It's nice to know there are honest people out there. So I got the check to fix my car yesterday and UGH they made it out to the car loan company, me and my husband but, I own the car outright. So now I have to send the check back and get it just under our name and to do that I have to fax my title to her. Geesh! Any other time I've had an accident the check was made out to the repair shop and me, I don't get this one. I have to get going....hopefully I'll catch you all before the June thread starts! Hugs to you all and enjoy your holiday....Remember those that gave us so much!

"All gave some, some gave ALL" Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all our military folks and families past, present and future! xoxoxo

Good Morning Girlies

Sherry, hope the neck is better soon, get DH to massage it :biggrin:

Jetti, we're so proud of you and your WL.

Eileenie, are you doing something special today or SOS?

Betty, I sure miss ya!

Kat, you will feel like a new person once those drains come out. Dealing with those was truly awful, especially at shower time, BUT, I love my new tummy. I hated dumping the drains too, but when I had to wear that thing around my neck and hook the drains on it, well it made me almost pass out. When you get them taken out, be sure to take a deep breath and let it out slowly while they're pulling the drains out. I made the mistake of blowing out too fast, so keep that in mind :).

Sherry, the swelling is pretty much gone now, but I go back for my last follow up on Friday, I'll be having a serious discussion with my surgeon about my disappointment with the "girls". Not firm at all and certainly not small enough, I think I've mentioned I'm still a DD, ugh!

Have a safe and Happy Memorial Day!

Hello Y'all!

I got my new computer today and I am still learning how to use it. I got a new Dell Laptop, it is a Vostro 1510 and it is really nice. I have lost everyone's e-mail addresses, so please send me yours again. I have Cindy's, Pat's and Mandy's, but all the rest is gone.

I am still setting it up, and also learning how to use a laptop as I never used one before.

Kat I hope your surgery went well and you are doing good.

I have to go back and read some posts so I know what all I missed. I am so happy I got my computer early and can talk to y'all again. I sure missed you all!

Later!

Happy Memorial Day Y'all!

Gosh is sure is good to be able to come back here! I can't tell y'all how much I missed y'all.

So, what is everyone doing today?

We are just going to get some stuff done around here. We have some yard work to get done and just a little housework to do. I actually could do a lot of housework, but I'm not going to. lol

I plan on spending some time in the pool today too. I have really enjoyed the three days off, I wish it was longer though!

Everyone have a great day, and I'll check back later.

Good Afternoon,

Its a nice quiet day, I just love it when people go away on vacation..the town is just so quiet and nice. DD and I went bike riding. I actually got my fat ass on a bike and did a good 1/2 hr ride. Thats alot for me. I like my bike now that I got a new fat ass seat at Walmart :sad: I ever got DD one for her little bike. They are just to comfy. Nothing much is going on, just being lazy around the house and enjoying the relaxing time off for once.

Pat..whats shakin toots? What the heck did the surgeon do to your boobies? How's every little thing? How's Mom?

Betty spaghetti good to see ya chickie. Glad your loving your new PC. Mine is very old and outdated, slow as crap but for the internet, its ok. I'm not on it that much to really justify a new one. Our pool is to cold... not quite 80 degrees. I need 85 - 90 to swim (the Water that is). Enjoy.

Well girlies... I'm outta here... gonna go tye dye some shirts with dd.

Have a great week :)

Good Morning Y'all!

I could sure use a few more of these days off work! lol It has been really nice just being home for a few.

Eileen - Glad you got to enjoy your day. It has been in the hi 90's here, so our pool is nice about 84 degrees and just perfect with the weather.

Kat - How are you feeling? Can't wait to see some pictures!

Mandy - Thanks for the addresses, you are a sweetie!

Pat - Thanks, it is really nice to be back too! Are you pretty much healed up now? It was so nice talking to you!

We almost finished the deck, we still have a few things on trim to do, then we have to stain it and it is done. I will have to plant some flowers or something too. But it is so nice to sit on, it gets a really nice breeze and it is shady too!

Well, got to go get my shower and get ready to go to work.

Hey all! Thanks for welcoming me after my first post last week. I am still waiting by the phone for my final insurance pre-cert so that I can get a date set this summer. I was just reading through some post-Op dietary stuff and I was wondering...with all the high protien/low carb drink emphasis, doesn't this react the same the Atkins diet does if you stray even the least bit? I remember trying to follow Atkins in the past and the minute I would have just one teensy little cheat, I'd gain like 10 lbs! Just curious...

Good Morning Y'all!

I finally get back on here and y'all leave! Come on get your butts back to posting.

I got a message from Cindy and she is doing good, just really busy. She said to tell y'all hello!

Sherry, I special ordered my computer so it wouldn't have Vista on it. they are having lots of problems with it. It starts when you try to download other programs to it. I just wanted the one without one on it and they are hard to find now.

Well, going to go jump in the shower.l

Have a great day!

Just dropping in to say HI and see how everyone is doing?

Kat where are those pics of your new self?? all you ladies getting new trim tummies are making me jealous! :-)