Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering - how "naked" will I be during the surgery? I know this is a dumb question to ask, but I am really, really freaked out about being totally exposed during the surgery. I know the doc has seen hundreds of women like me, but still...the thought just makes me nauseous.:thumbup:

For my surgery they gave me some lovery paper knickers... you wear a gown. They cover your legs with blankets during the surgery to keep you warm. They have no reason to go down there so i wouldnt worry too much.

You will most likely be topless but they wont do that until you have been knocked out

Bel

Guest BikiniBeachy

I wondered the same thing with my galbladder being taken out last summer, and I asked. They did let me know I would be completely topless. Sorry, I guess it's one of those things. :smile:

Yes it will be worth it that is for sure. I just have to get used to the idea!

By the time they gave me the drugs to get rid of my nerves before they even took me into the operating room, I could have be paraded down the hall naked and I wouldn't have cared!

HA HA HA!!! I hear you on being nervous. I remember being kinda weirded out about how nakes I was during gall bladder surgery. Then I got pregnant and went into labor. That took care of ANY sense of being shy after that with all the interns that were with my Doctor.

By the time they gave me the drugs to get rid of my nerves before they even took me into the operating room, I could have be paraded down the hall naked and I wouldn't have cared!

I want some of those drugs.....:smile:

As Far As I Know, And I Have Had About 8 Surgeries On My Tummy, They Wrap Sheets And Blankets Around The Areas That They Will Not Be Working On, Only Exposing What They Need To Work On...it Has Something To Do With Being Sterile And Keeping Germs Out, So Dont Freak, They Are Not Interested In Your Nakedness....they Have Seen It All Before.!!

I work in a hospital and have worked in the OR before. Usually you go back with a gown on that is removed once you are asleep. Then they cover you with a very large sterile blue drape. You are only "naked" for a few minutes until they put the drap on. Once the surgery is over they take the drape off, put the gown back on you, cover you with blankets and take you to the recovery area. In my experience, when all of this is happening, no one is even looking at the patient. They are usually talking about their weekend, their kids, or what they are going to have for lunch. It is just something they do and they don't really pay attention to the nakedness!!:smile:

As a nurse, I can assure you that we and the docs really could care less about your nakedness, it's part of the job and we have seen it all before, as phowell says, we're too busy talking about our weekends, families etc and doing our jobs to stand around gawking.

Omg. For some reason, I never really thought about this.

&& I've met my nurses that are going to be in the OR with me. I'm getting a new surgeon I guess, sence my other one is moving.

This is going to be VERY awkward afterwards. :smile:

I can only remember what took place before my surgery and that was that I had to change into a hospital gown and put on booties once they gave me my meds I was out like a light. I was getting banded so I could care less about the clothes. I love to be naked anyway so don't listen to me....I'm a nudist at heart! No really you will be fine. Just remember the Doctor's have seen all shapes, sizes and colors so don't worry RELAX!

dont worry you wont be awake. Everytime I see my surg for a fill I think he has seen me naked, BUT the diffence is he saw the fat naked not the new slimer me. Dont worry let it hang out.

Everytime I see my surgeon for a fill, I remember that I paid him an awful lot of $$$ to see me naked!!!

My preop nurse coverd this with me before surgery....

She told me that I would be covered from my hips down and my chest up. The pre op nurse and the anesth were the only ones who were in there at that time anyway. The doctor came in after all the preop was done as I understand it.

Don't worry, I doubt you have anything they will be impressed or unimpressed with...trust me they have seen it all...