Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

really fed up - banded 28/2, not losing weight

Banded 28/2, lost 17lbs first fill 28/3, only lost 2lb since. really fed up because I am eating really small meals. 5 days a week, keeping to 1000 to 1200 calories, 2 days a week 1500-1600 calories (wine at weekend). I shoudl be losing loads as this is much less than I was eating before. Why am I not losing weight?

How do you keep motivated?

I do have a problem with bowel movements, maybe once every 3 or 4 days when before I was very regular.

I am waiting for an appointment with my dietician to discuss.

I was determined that I was not going to give up my life, so was not going to give up a few glasses of wine but I am now thinking, is this possible? I so want to have a normal life as well as lose weight.

I was losing really slowly when I was eating 1000-1200 calories and not getting any sort of excercise. Lost quite quickly when I kept it 600-800. I'm a bit higher now but still usually 800-900 range and I walk about 5 days a week. I get so frustrated cause I should be losing at least 3 pounds a week I'm under 1500 calories but nope. Not to be for me. Your metabolism might be in the same terrible rut mine is in. I think mine is getting a bit better now from the excercise. Good luck and let me know if you find anything that helps.

Hi I was banded 22-02-08 and I have lost 11 kgs but I havent lost anymore weight since 02-04-08 and I go to curves 5 times per week and I do eat healthy I am getting frustrated because I am doing all the right things. need advice

I was banded on February 19th and I have had 2 fills. the first fill he gave me 2cc's but on the second fill he only gave me 1cc. I feel like I never even had surgery. I can still eat anything I want. I am eating smaller portions and I exercise, but the weight is not coming off. My doctor told me I have a standard band but I don't know how many cc's it will hold. I am so frustrated!!! I get my next fill on May 19th and I am praying it will finally make me have some kind of restriction. My doctor keeps telling me to be patient that it takes a couple of fills before you find the sweet spot.

For me, it seemed that my body was trying to rebel against me and was refusing to give it up. Then, all of a sudden, the floodgates opened and I dropped weight. Hormones impact my weight loss as well. I will lose aprox 8-10 pounds the week of and the week after my period and NOTHING in between. So hang in there, it has to give eventually. I personally think that being overweight makes our bodies less efficient and they need more time to get with the program.

Thanks guys for your support I went to curves yesterday and I have lost 10cm from my body and 1% of body fat and 1.6kg in a month so Im pleased with that. maybe if your loosing cm off your body, your not loosing much weight. I dont know i will just hang in their like you guys. talk to you later.

aggie

hi i was banded on the 24th of feb and my first fill was 4.5 ml and i really feel the difference, maybe sometimes it was too much, hope it works soon for you.

my first fill was 4cc and my doctor only puts in 1cc there after. the first week I felt restriction and I also feel a bit tight in the morning but as the days wears on i have to watch how much i eat a bit of a head game as well. talk to you soon.

aggie

:eek:I felt the same way..here I am starving and the scale isn't moving!:confused:I knew something would have to give eventually! All my co-workers noticed the physical changes in me but the scale was moving slower than a snail! :sad: Then a day or so before I was to get my first fill the weight on the scale went down 7 lbs..just like it was magic! HA! :blushing: I told my hubby I need to go shopping because even though the scales only show 32 pounds my clothes look like drapes hanging off me now! :biggrin2: So my suggestion is..not to worry about the scale too much but how you fit your clothes! It's hard for me to do but when I get on that scale and see nothing happening but know my clothes are getting looser and looser I am thrilled!:lol: So hang in there..it will happen!