Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RATE YOUR BAND EXPERIENCE  

1 member has voted

1. 1. RATE YOUR BAND EXPERIENCE

• Are you 100% satisfied with Band and surgeon?
    • Do you love your Band but dislike your surgeon?
    • Have you experienced problems but finally have a healthy band?
    • Have you ever had a port revision or removal surgery?
    • Have you ever had a port infection?
    • Did you have to pay extra for problems you never expected?
    • Have you experienced Band slippage?
    • Have you ever had erosion?
    • Have your Band been removed?
    • If you had your Band removed, did you get a new one?
    • Ever had a bad Band-related bad experience in Mexico?
    • Ever have to go back to Mexico for unexpected problems (other than fills.)
    • Do you have a Horrifying Band experience overall?
    • If you had your Band removed, would you want a new one if possible?
    • Has anyone maintained weight loss after a full year?

I wish there was a "are you very satisfied with your band and your surgeon but you have your head up your butt about getting fills in a timely fashion" choice.

That would be the true answer for me.

M

This is a great poll. Personally I don't care that you know what I voted on. But I know some people do. I looked and couldn't figure out how to fix that. Maybe Alex or Alexandra can do that.

Good Job Lisa.

This was my first stab at a poll because lately I've been getting a lot of calls and private e-mails with new erosions, port removals, infections, etc., that I thought we need some type of poll. But I should have asked everyone to help me build the list of questions. You can only have 15 questions in a poll. Should we all make a better list and start all over? I can delete this one if you guys think it could be done better. Comments... feedback anyone?

You know, I think the fact that the poll is public is what makes it valuable. It sort of sums up each voter's experience and opinions in a nutshell--information that could be VERY helpful to newbies. Some of the questions might be edited to include more situations, but overall I think it's a great idea. Sort of a summary of LBT-ers' experience at a glance!

Lisa, I have some suggestions if you're at all interested in editing the choices for broader appeal. Let me know.

I learned the hard way that we can't edit polls, so I can't change anything at this point. But I have to add a big disclaimer: THESE NUMBERS ARE NOT ACCURATE! It's just for fun. For example, a bunch of people have had their bands removed due to erosion lately, but Donali is the only one that still loves us enough (sniff sniff) to stay in our family and post here.

But it's still interesting to see how much info we'll get. Also, a few people told me they won't participate in this poll because I chose to have the results public. Some people aren't comfortable saying anything negative, which I totally understand. I'll re-do this poll in a more professional and concise manner after a week or so, and I'll keep the results private. Thanks everyone for participating. It's a fun tool.

Lisa, I can edit the poll questions if you want. Let me know.

What I like about the public nature of this poll is that we can see how multiple issues can apply to the same person. Even if it's clearly implied otherwise, it could be easy to assume that people can only vote for one option.

I really don't know why anyone would balk at saying something negative. This is just a dry factual poll, and honesty serves everyone well. As for the numbers not being accurate? Sure they are: they accurately reflect the experiences of the 23 (at this point) people who have answered the poll. It will continue to be accurate, but only as related to the group who answer.

I don't know what to answer. I love my band but don't personally love or hate my surgeon. I don't think I would have used him again but I didn't have a particularly bad mexico experience and haven't had any emergency or unexpected expenses regarding the band. I love my fill doctor who is located in my state.

Absolutely love my surgeon, his staff, and my band. I'd want another one, if I ever had to have this one removed. But planning on a long and happy life together...me and my original band.

Alexandra, you can edit any questions you want. Not a problem with me at all. I trust your judgment to make it a good poll.

I wish there was a "are you very satisfied with your band and your surgeon but you have your head up your butt about getting fills in a timely fashion" choice.
LOL! Same here.