Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping and Dating

Ok guys!!! Fess up and help us single girls out pphhuuullleeezzzz!! I tried to get some response on Eileenja's "is ur stomich loud?" thread.....but didnt really get much so here is its very own thread, I dont start them often so flatter me and gimme some insight guys! :cool:

Here goes........When I get banded, I am not going to want to tell men about it when we are planning our first date, specially since i am not even telling my own family. So I am worried about him thinking im anorexix (lol that would be the day!!) the gurggles, the gas, the "strange noises" in general, the slimes, the PB's....so dish the dirt and spill some of ur most embarassing dating banded moments!!!!!!!!! Common since when did u guys get shy. :P

Maybe the reason you didn't get much response is because some of us are either in a committed relationship or are married. Those of us that are in a relationship don't really care about the gurgles, burps, farts, etc. Well I can really only speak for myself.

Sorry I can't be anymore help than that.

Ok guys!!! Fess up and help us single girls out pphhuuullleeezzzz!! I tried to get some response on Eileenja's "is ur stomich loud?" thread.....but didnt really get much so here is its very own thread, I dont start them often so flatter me and gimme some insight guys! :cool:

Here goes........When I get banded, I am not going to want to tell men about it when we are planning our first date, specially since i am not even telling my own family. So I am worried about him thinking im anorexix (lol that would be the day!!) the gurggles, the gas, the "strange noises" in general, the slimes, the PB's....so dish the dirt and spill some of ur most embarassing dating banded moments!!!!!!!!! Common since when did u guys get shy. :P

Sorry....I'm single and banded, but not dating (and haven't for quite some time) so don't have any advice to give. Figure I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Let me know if you come up with any of your own!! :cool:

Okay Bandit, I'm posting on your thread cuz I like you so much, but I'm married and getting banded this week, so not much feedback here.

However, I know that you have just GOT to be as cute as a button with so much personality that banding and dating will just go together like PB&J! If you are not telling your family, then you will probably not feel comfortable telling a first date, and I wouldn't. I would definately give an excuse though, following a strict diet, only easily chewable foods in small quantities, etc. then just stop talking about it! The more of an issue you make it the worse.

You have a different scenario if you are more intimate than dinner on a first date, and, honestly, let's hope first date, dinner, intimacy, don't all go together on one night!...or I'll have to wag my finger at you for giving it away too easy! I think your heart will tell you when it's right to tell. But if this guy is that special, it will be easy. All the others, save your energy, in more ways than one. Know what I mean?

If he's scared away by belly noises, he's not the one for you!

Hey Sweetie!

I am in the same position, but not dating yet so have no advice. ALL of my friends and family know, but I dont know that if I met someone knew, I would want them to know that part of me, yet. When I start dating again, and am but a shadow of my former self (weight wise) I would like to observe the men i am dating. I would like to see how they treat people that are different. I can just see being on a date with a man, he making a rude comment about an obese person, and that just being IT for me! I could NEVER be with someone that is not accepting of someone becuase of their Size. This is why I am making a scrap book, from beginning to end of my weight loss. I have been Fat my WHOLE life, it is as much apart of me as anything, it has made me the person that I am today.. and I want to share THAT Kara, with my future husband, just as i want to share the NEW Kara.

My new rule is to tell ANYONE about the band before sharing a meal with them. One of my good friends almost called 911 last week when I had a PB at our lunch table. I never warned her, and she was freaking out more than me. She told me my eyes were popping out, my face was red, my eyes were watering, etc. I think it would be far more embarrasing to let a guy learn the hard way.

Or, just order broth and mashed potatos. But then he'll think you're really weird. Men really love seeing women eat real food. You'll be eating really slow, and you can't talk while you're eating. Oh, and you can't talk during a PB to explain that you're not dying. It's not much fun going out to eat with people who don't understand you. I'm still chewing the first bite when they are ordering dessert. I feel like I get cheated out of eating when I go out so I decided to let people know in advance.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I went on a blind date with a girl I later found out was banded. I had no idea and it actually started me on the path to research the band. The only thing I remember thinking to myself is "why won't she drink anything," but I figured she was just being a little shy which I though was cute. Just watch what you eat (nothing new)so you don't PB!