Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating too often

I was banded Sept 07 and have lost 67 lbs. Which is great. At the start I followed every rule. I know I am getting to relaxed now. Any advise to get over the hump. I only have 30 lbs to go!

That last 30 is tough. I'm doing extra workout; trying to go back to "carefully" watching what I eat. I had it pretty easy until this last 30 pounds. I didn't exercise and I still ate whatever I wanted. Now, I'm having to work for it!! shake your body up - do something different :rolleyes2:

I can say - as I get closer, when I see the scale move, I can see the difference in the mirror. 1 pound shows more now than it did before.

Good luck!!! and HUGS

wombat

Thanks for the reply. Mine and your goal weight and date is the same. That is so cool. I know I have gotten lazy. Just got to get my head back on! Keep in touch!

I am similar to this situation. I was banded November 30th and have lost 52 pnds! I have leveled and although I think I need a fill have gotten stuck on this last 30 pnds. I think I am still in denial that it is even possible to see such low numbers.

I had a fill last month and thought that would help but i am still stuck. I go back tomorrow for another fill.

I'm in the same boat. I am stuck. Has taken me 4 months to lose 10 pounds. While that is still better than gaining and I am grateful for that, I feel as if I should be doing better. All I want to really be is 199 and I got 30 pounds to go. Seems my body has given up no matter what I do to try and jump start things. I set the 199 goal for myself coming from a all-time highest weight of 368 (abaout 10 years ago) and 300 on surgery day 1/19/07. I'm not ready to be finished yet. Getting a fill on 5/27. Hopefully will do some good.

Well, just these past few weeks and especially the last four days my weight has just stopped. Not one pound up and not one pound down. I was stuck at 249 for a couple weeks, then I step on the scale four days ago and it says 248, then the next day it says 247.5, but nothing since. So weird.

Right after surgery up until now the weight just seemed to disappear into nowhere. No, I'm not eating too much, in fact I've gone down to just three meals per day. I only eat a banana as a snack - where before I would throw in a few extra tiny Snacks during the day. I'm beginning to think my body is going into starvation mode. I might need to go back to eating those few extra snack during the day.

Cutting back to 3 meals and NO Snacks always gets weight moving for me. I eat more just grazing than I do at mealtimes I think.

I agree with Jachut 100%. This always works for me too. I have a tendency to forget a bite here or there, so when I limit it to 3 meals and that's it...I immediately start to lose again.

I agree with Jachut 100%. This always works for me too. I have a tendency to forget a bite here or there, so when I limit it to 3 meals and that's it...I immediately start to lose again.

That's exactly what I'm doing right now too. I can't seem to focus and stop snacking. I'm eating really small meals but munching throughout the day. This last thirty-something is certainly the toughest.

I've been stalled so long, I'm collecting dust!!!!:thumbdown:

I am new to banding (May 6), so I don't have personal experience to lean on. But my sister is very athletic and has always given me great tips. Her best tip ever is to drink Isopure liquid Protein right before you go to bed. No carbs, just Protein. She says that has always jump-started her when on any plateau.

Good luck!

Hi Everyone, I seem to have issues at night after work. I can go all day at work with just eating my Breakfast and lunch. Then 5 PM hits and it seems that I want to be an eating machine. I measure my dinner. It is wierd because what seems to fill me up in the morning no longer holds for the evening, even though I am eating all of my Protein. I wait an hour before eating any thing else. I also make sure that I get in all of my Water. Does any one have any tips on how I can make this stop?

Thank you

Hi Everyone, I seem to have issues at night after work. I can go all day at work with just eating my Breakfast and lunch. Then 5 PM hits and it seems that I want to be an eating machine. I measure my dinner. It is wierd because what seems to fill me up in the morning no longer holds for the evening, even though I am eating all of my Protein. I wait an hour before eating any thing else. I also make sure that I get in all of my Water. Does any one have any tips on how I can make this stop?

Thank you

I would try eating something small or drinking a Protein shake around 3PM, that way you aren't starving at 5.

Hi Everyone, I seem to have issues at night after work. I can go all day at work with just eating my breakfast and lunch. Then 5 PM hits and it seems that I want to be an eating machine. I measure my dinner. It is wierd because what seems to fill me up in the morning no longer holds for the evening, even though I am eating all of my Protein. I wait an hour before eating any thing else. I also make sure that I get in all of my Water. Does any one have any tips on how I can make this stop?

Thank you

Potatie, you just described me as well. I can go all day at wk w/o snacking, just eating my breakfast and lunch. Once I hit home, it's bar the door Katie, LOL. I have to keep busy just to not graze. I am trying now to eat before 7(get full) and have a Protein Drink 1 hr before bed. I have been stuck since February. I have neither gained nor lost. I exercise everyday and ride my bike and can't get pass 202. I am getting my 7th fill next Tuesday and I hope that I can get my sweet spot. I am starting to think was this a right choice for me.