Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is your band failing you or are you failing your band ?

I'm glad I found you guys. I thought I was losing what was left of my mind! I'm 18 months past surgery; lost 86 pounds the first year but not a pound in the last 6 months since I discovered how easily ice cream slips past the band.

I checked in with my friendly neighborhood shrink to see why I moved my needs to last place again.....No answers yet, but nice to have somebody to talk to

Anyway it's nice to know I'm not the only one having thse issues

Thanks Coach!! I did not get filled again til end Sept due to some mix ups and family issues...but I lost 5 ibs since early July, so all is not totally lost...I was feeling kinda low at fill, but surgeon was REALLY supportive - I needed that and reading your blog - so I can refocus on ME, which I kinda lost over summer, exercise - which I am SLOWLY kicking up -walking dog, and with students at PE at school - and only having 1 day of more relaxed eating...I have lost a total of about 58lbs since my March 20th surgery, so I really need to feel some success- but be realistic that I have a long way (at least another 100 -120 to go...in 2 years - goal..) So thanks for reminding us all how the race has to be done in a smart and focused on long term way..

G:thumbup:

Wow and I thought I was the only one!!! I too felt like someone was writing my story. I have been so happy with the way I feel and all the compliments I've been receiving that I forgot why I got this procedure. What a great tool it is and I've quit using it.

Time to get back on track. I love LapBandTalk.com.

:thumbup: I love your story..........or is it mine ? except, you fixed your problem....I'm still working on it.......I do have a couple of questions.......Do you get Hungry? How many meals do you eat in a day? I don't get hungry and struggle to eat a maximum of three meals......advice? besides, telling me to eat 6 x daily......

I know this is an old quote but it is just what I needed to hear. I did well my first year 60lbs lost and the second year I have fallen off the band wagon. Tomarrow I am going to a convention with my family. My goal is to work out and not eat all the wrong things. I too am the same size last winter, I am totally disappointed in myself but thank god I still have the band and I can get back on track.

Hi Krygo,

My eating varies from day to day. Some days it's 6 meals a day and some days it's 3 meals. Really you need to find what works for you and make sure you focus on at least getting in 3 meals a day.

Hi, I've been banded since July 07 and the first year I lost 60 lbs.... then a whole year of messing around... weight stayed the same.

THis year, as motivation I am planning a TT as my reward to getting to goal weight... Now since Xmas I have lost 7 lbs... so I am back on track..

I just had to give myself a good shake and remind myself that I didn't spend $16k to get half-way healthy...I wanna be ALL the way healthy and at a good weight for my height...5"5" 150 lbs will be a nice finish.

can some one tell me how to post a new thread..help lol:ohmy:

I enjoyed that because a year later and i have lost a little over 70 lbs and i am exercising almost everyday but i fill like i'm not getting there

Thank you so much for the pep talk. I had my lap-band surgery 2 weeks ago. I am trying to get food out of my mind, I keep telling myself later I can have my old foods. I hate to exercise and I am able but i've always made excuses. You have helped me realize i will have to get some sort of regular exercise program. I have a long way to go but being able to read your experiences has helped me realize what direction I need to be focus on. Thanks again.

Well, where do I start? I was banded on Jan19, 2006. I lost 55 lbs and stayed with that loss for some time. I started having reflux issues. I did nothing about it, but to add some meds for it. I continued to have the issues. My husband is disabled and all the attention has gone to getting him better. I have sort of put myself on the back burner. I want to get back to working with my band and the bandster rules. (can't hardly remember them anymore)

I went to see a doctor here in my area. Not my original doc because he seems to have moved. I don't know where though. Doesn't really matter anyway. In fact it may be good because I feel like this is a new start.

I had all of the fill removed just recently. It was 2 weeks ago today. I had tests to see if my band was prolapsed after my fill was removed. He thinks it was but it is not prolapsed now. I will have a refill in the near future. I will call for an appointment tomorrow.

I do excerise some but need to do more. I will also make an appointment with the support folks down in Bismarck, ND and see if there is anything they can say to help get me back on track. I need some help big time and I think that is where to start.

I have gained back some of the weight I lost. About 20 lbs. I am scared I will have it all back soon. Like you, I got comfortable with my new clothes and I was able to do most of what I want to do. I still had 50lbs to lose then and now I am up to 70 so I do need to do this. I have been feeling sorry for myself and am trying to get past the feelings of poor poor me. I wish there was a support group here in my area, I think it would help if I were able to get back on track with a support group. I guess I will have to use Lapband talk forum more to keep upbeat.

Thanks for listening! I will keep you posted as to progress.

your article is exactley what i needed. I have been feeling depressed and frustrated. today is exactley 1 month post op and I've only lost 13 pounds. my goal is 100 within a yr. I have always been active. I do turbo jam and turbo fire 5 days a week. and the I have an eliptical at home. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!! I expected to have lost at least 20-25 pounds by now. althought I have to say that i've cheated a bit. I do eat bread!! i just can't give it up!! I don't understand it...please help :sad:

I guess we are all in the same boat. It is easy to say stay focasted, but then everyday life comes along and we lose our focas. I was banded on sept 29/10 and was clicking away like wildfire, then i relized that my band was not filled and started eating just like before. Bad idea!! Now i want to mak a better effort to get back to the start again. Instead of swallowing food, food, food i should be thinking about the 12,000.00 i swallowed for the good of my health.

P.s. Can someone show me how to get one of those trackers on my file.

Lol debi

I enjoyed your post and it was very encouraging. I posted a thread 2 weeks after my band surgery. Now I am 7 1/2 months post op., lost about 97 lbs and on maintainance. I credit my success to journaling my food so I know that I was getting what i needed and knowing if I went over where I made mistakes. Each day is a new day and a chance to do what is right. Good luck to all my band buddies and pray for compiiance for me. Now to not regain the weight is my goal. I have gone from a size 24 jeans to a size 12. Even i can't believe it when i look in the mirrow. God bless.