Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, fellow thirty-somethings =)

A fellow thirty-something popping in to say Hi. I am almost 33 years old (less than a month away) and my banding is scheduled for May 15, 6 days away!

Exciting stuff, for sure!

Can you tell me how to make the riccota bake?

i'm one of those cooks who don't measure / nor write stuff down; however this is what i do:

1 10oz tub of skim ricotta

1pckg of frozen spinach (completely thawed/drained well)

1/4c marinara sauce

1/4c pesto sauce

1/2c parmesan cheese

mix all together, spread into olive oil"d pan top with another 1/3c of parmesan cheese. bake 350 till golden brown.

there is a lot you can do to mix this up; my mum always served this as an antipasta appetizer w/lots of crusted bread / olives / pepercinis / pickled pepers / etc.

Thanks, epm! It's nice to know that I am not the only one who is nervous. I only have to do the preop liquid diet for 24 hours before surgery. I am glad because I don't think I could do it any longer! Good luck!

Hey all,

Just wanted to update all of you. I have posted this on my PS thread but I am miserable right now.Surgery did not go as expected. Left there with my port in a new place, nicely right beneath my rib cage in the middle. SUCKS! I also got all of my muscles stitched together because of a hernia, so I feel really bad. Otherwise looks good and boobs are awsome! But I could certainly do without all this drama....

Well I wanted to update you all on my lovely day....

I got back late this last night from the ER. I was having real trouble breating and spiking a fever. I had called my surgeon and the on call Dr sent me to an after hours clinic. But after getting me into the car and me passing in and out of concisouness my DH took me to Foote Hospital.

When I got there my pulse ox was 81%, I was tacardiac with a rate of 155, and a fever of 102.3. I was miserable and slipped in and out of reality. They didn't waste anytime getting me and put me ahead of 4 people as soon as DH wheeled me in. They thought I was having a heart attack. I was also dehydrated so they had a hell of a time getting blood or get an IV in, hurt like hell.

After an EKG my heart was ok. The blood work showed my white blood cells were trying to fight something. A chest xray confirmed I have pnemonia in my lower left lobe. They put me on IV antibiotics as soon as they got the results. I took 1 hour of IV antibitiocs and was sent home with oral antibiotics. I feel like I have been run over by a truck, it sucks.

What a way to spend Mother's Day, blah....

Hey BBK, Hope your feeling better now, and loving your new body even more than before.

Hello banded 30ish girls! I am 37 and banded 4/17 in Plano Tx. Does anyone know if its normal for me to be sore off and on and to have trouble buttoning pants(w/out port pain--sore) and bra(wire) pushing down on port ? Jeans push port upward wire pushes down and by the end of day I feel like Ive had a full stomach workout:( I dont want to run to Dr. as I stay home and hope it will work out in time, but I dunno. Does this sound anywhere close to normal for port site?

Thanks for reading and any advice welcomed:)

Patches

Hi all!

I was banded May 6, 2008. I am feeling better from the surgery every day. Today I just have a little tenderness on my left side. And I am still a little bit more tired than usual.

I am so excited that I have already lost 10 lbs! But I realize that will slow way down when I start eating food instead of liquid.< /p>

Does anybody have the Realize Band? I found out after surgery that was what my doctor put in me.

Anyway, glad to meet all the 30-somethings!

I am four weeks post-op today and I still have pain with the port. It is bothersome! I have started eating solids. I am trying to keep the carbs way low. I get my treadmill this weekend. =)

80's Chick, treadmill sounds good! Thinking of joining curves but w/port site giving me trouble, I dunno:( Getting fill next week and may just try curves for a day and see!

Patches

Hey ladies! I'm another 30-something here. It seems I checked this forum for the first time at the right time. I'm married with 4 nephews and 2 nieces (DH and I are still deciding whether or not to have our own kid, but at least I know if we do, I'll start pregnancy at a lower weight than now!). I'm getting banded on July 16 by Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver, but I live in California.

BBK, I hope you are okay now and healing well! That must have been scarier than I can even imagine.

80s_chick, I am loving your Xanadu icon, hahaha! I'm debating whether or not it's worth a trip to NYC to see it on Broadway. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Golden Bear

i just joined! i have to lose 10 lbs... surgery is june23rd..i have to lose 10lbs before june 6th (pre op weigh in!)... 1000 cals a day!! day one...it was hard..but i have to do it...i must!