Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't/don't miss about being Obese

I will not miss

1. My thighs rubbing together.

2. Getting tired fast

3. Being ignored by really Hott guys.. That I would luv to notice me.

4. Not being able to ware a swimming suit.

5. Not being confident enough to wear my arms out.

6. Having to pull and tug at my clothes.

having sore feet all the time

having tight underwear

wondering if a chair is sturdy enough to hold me

sweating

trying to be invisible

being tired all the time

feeling horribly ugly, gross, and lazy

having to use the hand-held shower to rinse off those "special" places

I'm sure there's a million more things I don't miss already and dozens that I still have to put up with until I lose another forty pounds.

Sue

LOVE this!! No surgery date yet, but I already know I won't miss:

- Being embarrassed to spend the night anywhere (friends, family, etc) because of my snoring

- Getting those little pills on the inner thighs of pants from fabric rubbing together

- Wearing a skirt without shorts underneath for fear of sweaty rash (or BodyGlide)

- Feeling completely invisible in "regular" stores because there's no way I can fit in the clothes/shoes

- Having a limited necklace/bracelet collection due to my fat neck/wrists

- Only shopping at Lane Bryant!

- Hearing from everyone that I have such a pretty face and a great sense of style

- Not being able to wear a white shirt for fear of staining it with food the first time I wear it

- Wearing baggy clothes to the gym- I want to wear tight tank tops and low rise pants!

- Having to buy my bras at a specialty store because not even LB carries my size

- Hearing one more time that fat bellydancers are sexy!!

- Getting another diet suggestion from my stepmother

- Being afraid to sit on a camp chair/picnic table/ patio chair for fear of it tipping/tearing/breaking

- Making my husband take the middle seat so I can squish myself against the window to hide my size

- Being afraid to go up to people and make friends

- Finding excuses not to see friends and family I haven't seen in awhile so they can't see how fat I got

This is very liberating!

I will NOT miss:

Having to pull my shirt down in the back and on the sides everytime I stand from my desk at work.

Being deathly afraid of dying from a heart attack because of my high blood pressure.

Having cankles.

Having bruises from my bra digging into my skin.

Having to wear support underwear from Lane Bryant or Spanx high falutant underwear EVERY DAY to contain some of the jelly rolls as much as possible.

Shopping in Lane Bryant.

Having a double chin and chubby face.

Being bigger than my husband and feeling HUGE next to him and in pictures. :) - This is a BIG one - I get teary just thinking about it.

Being the fattest person in a room, elevator, store, anywhere.

Craving Doritos 24/7.

Not being able to look cute wearing a leather strapped watch - as it squeezes the fat on my arm and makes red marks that itch.

Being tired and making excuses for not doing an ounce of physical activity.

Not being able to clean my house and keep it that way - without running out of energy.

Eating lunch in my car so that people at work don't see me stuff my FAT face with crap that I shouldn't be eating.

Looking huge in my car - not cute and "lady like" like I should.

Not being able to wear my arms out in a sleevless top in the summer.

And lastly - I WILL NOT miss - feeling FAT and HUGE, thinking about how I will go yet another summer fat and miserable every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year of my adult life. :tongue:

Great thread and I relate to just about everything said. The things I really won't miss:

- hiding behind baggy shirts so others don't know just how big I am (the big shirts really don't help as much as I wanted them to)

- feeling that my kids are embarassed to be seen with such a big fat mom (I have to give them credit, they never said it, and it may have been my imagination)

- not being able to play softball and volleyball, my 2 favorite sports (I have been able to start back at softball since my surgery)

Thanks so much for starting this, I feel so much better to realize that I'm not the only one who has felt this way for so long. Sometimes I feel that I'm surrounded by thin people who don't understand how the other 1/2 live.

Great thread! THings I won't miss:

Standing behind everyone for the picture so they can only see "your pretty face"

Having coworkers get excited when I lose 20lbs and quiet when it comes back on.

Not eating with people so they can't give the "why do you eat?" looks

Not even trying to get on rollercoasters - my favorite ride (haven't been on one in years)

Having the side of the pedicure chair keep popping open (I certainly can't do my own toes)

Livng on a 4th floor walkup and having to stop @ every landing to catch my breath.

sleeping all night and waking up tired

Limited sex positions

Add to the list--Not peeing on myself every time I sneeze!

Oh my god! I had completely forgotten about but you have such a pretty face comments! People that roll that comment out should be lined up against a wall and have cheeseburgers thrown at them!

When I started this thread I did not expect such a massive response, thank you all for sharing your don't and won’t with me, you are all fabulous!

KiKi XX

OMG the list is SO LONG:

1. Causing fights with my DH based solely on my own insecurities.

2. avoiding sex because I'm so embarassed of my body

3. HEAVY periods

4. being out of breath from walking only a short distance

5. not wanting to leave the house because I'm scared someone will say something mean

6. trying to find something in my closet that fits

7. trying on stacks of clothes while shopping only to find out none of them fit

8. dreading social events

9. okay..this one is gross...under the belly sweating :)

10. fearing ill never have a child

11. fearing im going to die all the time cuz of my weight

12. letting my housework go because I'm so lazy I can't get up and do it

Plus everything everyone else said!

Love,love,love this post:

won't miss everything u all have already said plus

1. being ashamed of going to any social events because of the looks and staires that people give.

2. feeling guilty when i do go out in public and eat.

3. trying to be sexy in the bedroom, but only if the lights are off.

4. plus the worst that someone can say to you-- "you have such a pretty face?"

5. etc. etc....etc....

What I wont miss...

1. being so self conscious-thinking everybody staring at you and talking about you.

2. shopping with skinny friends when you know you cant fit into anything cute.

3. going out thinking you look cute but only to see your reflection and learn the truth!

4. knowing that no guy in the bar is interested in you, just your skinny friends

4. having no self esteem or self worth

5. having your mother tell you everyday how fat you are

6. being skinny once to only have gained it all back

7. not being able to play and run with my daughter

8. waiting for the day your daughter says " mommy why are you fat?"

9. not going on the rides at the amusement park for fear you will be asked to get off.

and on and on...........

I have to say thank you to everyone for this thread, it made me realize that some of the things I have to do aren't just me or because I weigh more than most of you--it makes me feel more normal! I thought having to tug on my clothes all the time was just my personal body, boobs going up to the neck when laying down, etc...

Hey, how about this one- being handed a regular sized johnny in the hospital instead of the supersized ones! And, not having to have the blood pressure cuff put on, just to hear a sigh, and "I'll have to get the bigger cuff!"

Oh God, I feel awful everytime they do that with the BP cuff. And they always have to act so annoyed that they have to switch it!