Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight did you lose in the first month?

How much Weight did you lose i nthe first month? Do not include pre op weightloss.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How much Weight did you lose i nthe first month? Do not include pre op weightloss.

• 0-5 Lbs
    • 6-15 Lbs
    • 16-20 Lbs
    • 21-30 Lbs
    • 31-40 Lbs

It kind of bothers me that I'm over 3 weeks out and have lost only 6 pounds since surgery. I feel no restriction and am not only hungry, I don't feel full after eating. I know it'll change, but I don't want to disappoint all the people that have been by my side during this journey.

I want to point something out, I've had a few people make remarks on how little they have lost. Keep in mind how much you have to lose...in my case I've very overweight and had more than 210 lbs to lose at the start. That wouldn't have even put me at my "ideal" weight but a figure my Doctor and I thought could be reached as well as be healthier for me. So unless I'm eating junk I'll in most cases lose more weight quicker than someone with only 75 to 100 lbs to lose. If you only have 100-120 lbs to lose and you lose 10-20 that's 10% of the total weight you need to shed in a months time. That's pretty darn good! Please don't judge yourself by others on these boards, keep in mind that you are unlike anyone else as well as the factors in your life are different. A pound lost isn't a pound gained and that's something major.

I'm currently in per op and had been wondering what to expect for the first month of weight loss. Thanks to all who've replyed to the original post. It gives me great hopes and I'm looking forward to posting losses soon.:thumbup:

I need to lose 130 lbs total. I'm 5"9 and now I'm 253 lbs.I'd like to be 160ish

Wow so you did lose a big chunk of the weight right away :D Great job. Under 100 to go now :biggrin:

Judie,

Do you mind if I steal your idea? That is great about getting a to go box to remove food so you don't "over eat"!!

I was raised to clean your plate and if the food is there I feel like I need to eat it...from now on I will do what you suggested when out to eat :thumbup:

Renita

Hello Brandy:

I lost 19 lbs my first month after the band. It was difficult for me

when I was on the liquids for two weeks after the band. I felt like

I was starving just on liquids. However, at week 4 my doctor said

I could have a soft scrambled egg with cheese! I felt like I was

cheating! Then after that I ate baby food. It was healthy

and had lots of Vitamins. I managed to do o.k. and still was losing

an average of 3 lbs. per week.

Since then I am now into my second month with the band. I am

still losing. I have found that while eating out to get my to-go-

box when they bring my meal. That way I don't eat too much.

I pack away most of my meal. The next day I split that into

two more meals. So far I have done well on those smaller

portions. Also it saves money!

Good luck to you!

Judie

I'm almost exactly one month out and I've lost 15 lbs. I lost 30 pre-op (only had to lose 16!).

The nutritionist that I saw suggested getting to-go boxes right away as well. I have started doing it and it does work pretty good! Especially since my eyes are still way bigger than my stomach! :smile2: So I put 2/3 or even 3/4 of my meal away right away and then I concentrate on eating slow and chewing.

Another 10 days until my first fill! I am sooo excited! My portion sizes are starting to creep up and I don't want that!

I have lost about 15 pounds and I'm only 2 weeks after surgery. I have been getting a little upset that I haven't lost anything this week, but I guess I should be happy I lost anything at all. Although, I have been cheating a little bit... some low fat cottage cheese, a couple of tootsie rolls!!! I know I gotta stop. I just can't stand not eating at all. I go to the doctors on Monday and I think they're putting me on one mushy meal a day. I just want a nice salad. When can I eat lettuce???

I have lost about 15 pounds and I'm only 2 weeks after surgery. I have been getting a little upset that I haven't lost anything this week, but I guess I should be happy I lost anything at all. Although, I have been cheating a little bit... some low fat cottage cheese, a couple of tootsie rolls!!! I know I gotta stop. I just can't stand not eating at all. I go to the doctors on Monday and I think they're putting me on one mushy meal a day. I just want a nice salad. When can I eat lettuce???

It really depends on the doctor. I was able to eat unlimited solids on week 3.. Most docs say week 4 though.

Ara is absolutely right about not judging our weight loss to others'. When I read these posts I want to jump out the window (only kidding...). Some of you have lost in the first month what it's taken me to lose since the end of April. There are so many factors: age, heredity, lifestyle (exercise), stress and so much more. The bit to concentrate on is that we've all done something to change. A friend called me brave for having the surgery -- which took me by surprise. Others have thought me vain. In the end, it's how I feel about what I've done -- and that's proud.