Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi -

I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with juice Plus? I know lots of people, non-banded, who've had good experiences. With the focus on Protein, I know I've not been getting as much fruits and vegetables as I used to consume. I've also begun to experience a tiny bit of Hair loss and have heard that Juice Plus helps with that. Any thoughts?

Cynthia

juice Plus is a nutritional supplement (Juice Plus+, juice Plus Official Homepage ), made of fruits and veggies. They have chewable versions as well as capsules that can be dissolved in Water.

And, Jack, I agree, but actually heard from a hair stylist that she has seen a marked Hair growth and thickness from her clients on it. Makes no sense to me, but I have noticed I am losing a bit more hair than normal (I have lots of hair so it is not noticable) so figured it could not hurt!

I've been taking juice Plus for about six months. I have no trouble getting the pills down. I take it because I am not the best with fruits and especially vegetables. I never have been. I just got done taking mine a minute ago! I can't say that they've changed my life or anything like that. I just figure they are a good product with good ingredients. SS

I've been taking juice Plus for about six months. I have no trouble getting the pills down. I take it because I am not the best with fruits and especially vegetables. I never have been. I just got done taking mine a minute ago! I can't say that they've changed my life or anything like that. I just figure they are a good product with good ingredients. SS

I love Juice Plus.. but am afraid to take them now that I'm banded so i've just been doing childrens chewables... I took them for the same reason as you.. my diet sucked.. even now that I'm watching what I eat.. I pay so much attention to protien that I forget about fruits and veggies.. so I do V8 and V8Fusion.. hoping to compensate for my not eating the veggies.

juice Plus has been getting a LOT of bad press these days. It has been criticized by many research organizations and nutrition experts, and the Center for Science in the Public Interest recently filed a complaint with the FDA that juice Plus products are misbranded, adulterated, and misleadingly advertised.

http://juiceplusresearch.blogspot.com/2008/03/fda-advised-to-put-end-to-juice-plus.html

Juice Plus is a ripoff/scam. It contains Vitamin additives and very little plant powder, and the advertising is flagrantly deceptive. They don't list the amounts of ingredients on the label either; that in itself is enough to discount the product entirely in my opinion.

I love juice plus and have been on it for years. About a 2 years ago I thought I could cut costs and stopped taking it and within 2 months I felt really crappy. I started it again and felt better.

I too was leary about taking the capsules since being banded but I tried 2 weeks ago and haven't had any problems.

I've been giving juice Plus to my son. (I should take it myself!) Does it work? I really don't know. Is it a scam? I really dont know.

But I do know that they DO list the ingredients on the bottle.

My mom said it really helps here that's why I'm giving it to my son who has food issues and severely underweight. (yes it's hard to have food stuff for my son which are high in fat and not be tempted grrrrrrrr)

I have been taking the juice Plus also for about 4 months. I really don't know if it is better than any other vits out there. It is costly and I have been considering changing to something else and put that money on the cost of joing the gym. :)

Hi -

I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with juice Plus? I know lots of people, non-banded, who've had good experiences. With the focus on Protein, I know I've not been getting as much fruits and vegetables as I used to consume. I've also begun to experience a tiny bit of hair loss and have heard that juice Plus helps with that. Any thoughts?

Cynthia

I have not heard about it..............but am wondering about nectar Protein powder...... who has tried it and did you like (or not like) it................and why? I was thinking about ordering some online -- but would like some input..............

On my first visit to NYU Center for Surgical Weight Loss I received a letter about juice Plus from the doctors strongly suggesting that I use it and a pamphlet describing the product. On the surface, juice Plus sounds great--pills instead of fruits and veg?!--but the pamphlet does not contain the standard RDA chart that label Vitamins and the doctors' letter included the distributor's contact information which, to me, reeks of kick-backs for referring customers. I was wary of a scam and did some research about the product. My suspicions were confirmed.

My go-to source for nutritional information is the Center for Science in the Public Interest's Nutrition Action Healthletter because CSPI does not accept advertising, or funding from industry and their work is grounded in science, not marketing. Read their findings in the December 2007 issue (.pdf). Here is an excerpt from "Juice Plus Commission":

Bottom line: there’s no way to know how much of the 12,500 IU of beta-carotene, 230 mg of Vitamin C, 45 IU of Vitamin E, and 420 mcg of folate in a daily dose of Juice Plus+ comes from its fruit and vegetable powders and how much is added by NSA. (If those nutrients matter, you can buy them far more cheaply elsewhere.)

I won't be using Juice Plus, and I will tell my surgeon about the information I found. IMO, endorsing Juice Plus reflects poorly on the practice. I'm meeting Dr. Kurian Monday, and she may have an explanation, in which case, I'll post that too.

All the best,

Rachel

Per my surgeon, I've started using Biotin 1000 mg Vitamin supplement (in the Drugstores)... for hair support. Not banded yet, but for last 4 months, I've noticed a huge impact on my hair and nails...

a few weeks ago, I said something in passing to my hubby about Biotin... then he paused and said "thought" something was up... because he hasn't seen as much hair on the floor of the bathroom.... and thought I was combing my hair in the car....and my hairdresser commented too