Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Formatting Complaint

Not sure if this helps, guys, but when you first go to the site, you are on the new page with the new format. A lot of message boards have a "landing page" like that. Then, if you click on the "forum" tab in the upper left of the page, that will take you to the forums in the format we all know and love. The "home" tab takes you back to the initial "landing page".

Well you can quit being unsure------it solved my "where the hell am I?" dilemma!!! Thanks for drawing me a picture....I need that!

Like I say---I have adapted to all the changes---it just takes me awhile (and a lot of help) to figure things out!

Thanks Susan!

Kat

ABSOLUTELY!! I was freaking out until I went into a thread and clicked on home to get to the "home" page that I am used to. I like it the way it is now (or the old way?) because I am able to see everything I need to see at one glance.

Well, it is Alex's board, not ours, and he can set it up however he wants. If he opts to put it back the old way, then he will take care of it. But if this is the new format, options are a little more limited. I would start by asking in a nicer way, and maybe explain to him why it bothers you outside of "I'm here for this not that".

We are all here because of Alex and we're very grateful to him for that.

A good point to note is that his bandwidth (at least in part) is supported by sponsors... so the more new people (and also not so new) that come (and stay) and visit his sponsors, the better it will be for his bottom line. I'm sure it costs a pretty penny to fund this place with all the bandwidth that is being used. I'm also sure that no one means to offend him by their comments... they're just offering up their views in "real time" and sometimes the posts happen before their "review/edit" part does. :huh2:

I'll wait til ALL of the changes are made before forming an opinion so I don't have a comment for that yet. I still haven't see BBK's pic, I have the apple lady still. Looking forward to seeing BBK up there!

As far as navigating for recent posts, I always go click on "New Posts" on the right side in the Members Area. That pulls up a list of all the new posts since I've been on last. Only slight problem with that is after you post on a thread. Then you either have to hit the back button repeatedly til it takes you back to the list or click on new posts again. At least that's the way I've figured it out so far. I'm still pretty new to the site and still learning so not sure if I'm doing any of it right anyway.

I can get used to the changes, I'm ok with that, but my only complaint would be that the "links" tab is too long now, I have to scroll my screen down after I click on it to go to my subscribed threads. The pull down tabs should be kept to where they're not longer than the screen, IMHO.

I miss the 'my account' button.

As do I. How do I find the threads I've subscribed to now?

I can get used to the changes, I'm ok with that, but my only complaint would be that the "links" tab is too long now, I have to scroll my screen down after I click on it to go to my subscribed threads. The pull down tabs should be kept to where they're not longer than the screen, IMHO.
That depends on how large your monitor is and how large your browser screen is, though, I think. On mine, I can see the whole list, as long as the quick links button is at the top of my browser.

As do I. How do I find the threads I've subscribed to now?

Click on 'user control panel' under the links button. It'll take you to your account.

The web site is currently work in progress. If you liked the old format/entry page you can just go to http://www.lapbandtalk.com/forum.html .

I REALLY appreciate the feedback - good or bad. Please keep it coming. I never take anything personally ;-)

Alex, is that YOU in your new avatar???

:lol: I really liked Pointy-Haired-Boss....but then my old avatar was Alice trying to control the infamous "fist of death" :unsure:

Alex, is that YOU in your new avatar???

:unsure: I really liked Pointy-Haired-Boss....but then my old avatar was Alice trying to control the infamous "fist of death" :blink:

Yup! It's me :lol: