Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feedback on Mexico - Share your stories.

SHUT UP AND GO BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK!!! You are such a moron!!!!

Dr. Lopez did a 13 year old the same day as me. I considered her chubby and was shocked her parents didn't wait till she was at least 18 or even 16.

I don't think the show was too far-fetched. Here at LBT we only hear of the top Mexican doctors that would never band a skinny girl. But for anyone that's ever spent time in Tijuana, they'll do almost anything for a chunk of American cash. There are doctors in TJ that will write prescriptions for anything if you slip them $20.00. I was never asked for an ID during my 2nd port removal and nobody ever spelled my name the same twice.

Excuse me MyLi1111fe, but your antagonism does nothing to bring any opinions to your side.

We're all friends here, please disagree in a more friendly--and respectful--manner.

Thank you,

Myli1111fe: As a moderator of LBT I must address your comments. This forum is meant to allow all of us to express our opinions and to respect everyone for those opinions. Please refrain from verbally attacking and name calling anyone. You agreed to the guidelines when you became a member to respect everyones opinion even if you don't agree with it. You can disagree but do so in a respectful manner.

We come here for support and encouragement for our struggles along this weight loss journey. Let's not make it harder than it already is by being disrespectful to other members.

Hummmmmmmmm ,Riddle me this, Do you really think what she wrote was respectfully?? If so than this forum isn't where I want to be see ya wouldn't wanna to ya!!!!!!

Hummmmmmmmm ,Riddle me this, Do you really think what she wrote was respectfully?? If so than this forum isn't where I want to be see ya wouldn't wanna to ya!!!!!!

Good riddance? Sorry you feel this way.

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Sanchez in Monterrey, MX. Monterrey was not as intimidating as all of the tourist and bad cops of Tijuana for myself anyway. I was told Monterrey is one of the richest cities in MX thats why there aren't as many problems as other areas. Everything was lovely - I did see some poverish sections, but for the most part it was all pretty nice. Woudnl't change a thing - I had problems with American Airlines! That's who I had issues with, nothing about going to MX - although I did run into a lady at the airport and I told her what I was going to do and she told me she woulnd't let a Mexican Dr. clean her cats paws! Another lady I sat next to on a plane was a nurse and she told me I should seriously re-consider what I was doing! I'm just trying to make idle honest conversation with these strangers and their trying to tell me what to do with my life decisions! A big F-U goes out to those strangers for making me feel like I was committing a mortal sin when I was just trying to be nice by chatting with them to pass time! Nobody knows about my surgery except 2 close friends, my boyfriend and my parents. Not even my siblings know. So for anyone reading this - if your going to do it, if you don't feel comfortable constantly having to defend yourself about going to MX then I wouldn't tell anyone besides VERY close friends/family.

Okay, I hae to put in my 2 cents! I lived in California and was pretty worried about Tijuana and surgery....Went down to have my scheduled surgery, knowing that if anything looked amiss that I could back out and only be out the trip there....IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!!! The Hospital was clean and fully equipped for anything...everyone was totally professional. I had great care, a FANTASTIC experience ( and I have NEVER had any kind of surgery before so I was petrified!), and no problems at all. I would recommend to anyone that Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez do their surgery....I can only speak for them and the experiences I had.

My parents were completely skeptical, until they saw the place and talked to the Dr....now they are thrilled and think everyone should do it!!!

Just have it in your mind that you will return for fills, or you will need to have someone lined up at home....

I am not paid for my opinion, I am not working for free fills or getting any gain from sharing this opinion! I chose to go to Mexico, use the Doctor that has proctored for INAMED in the US, and I had a great experience. Problems can happen anywhere, and even with the best Doctors...so just do your research and trust your instincts!!!!

Good luck to all of you still searching!!!!

Dawn

Banded 25 Aug 2005

Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez

beginning 292lb

at surgery 284lbs

3weeks 269lbs

Hey Dawn,

I was banded by Ortiz on 8/25 too...unfortunately my memory fails me to put a face to your name...were you the one that was there with your mom & aunt?

Anyways, I 100% agree with everything you stated. My experience in TJ with Ortiz and Martinez was awesome. I would do it again in a second. They (I cannot speak for the many other surgeons and surgical offices there) were extremely professional, very friendly, readily available to answer questions and are considered one of the best in the profession. Dr Ortiz has been doing it for years longer than US doctors, train US doctors and was proctored by Inamed - I think that says alot, well it did for me. I, like you, don't get paid or reap any other monetary or financial benefit, fills whatever, from telling anyone how wonderful I think they are! In fact, I kind of resent how many times I see people saying to be wary of people recommending MX surgeons - come on now people, if you went and had dinner at a great restaurant, had your hairdresser give you a great hair cut, etc, wouldn't you want to tell your friends about it? In the US if you have a great Dr or Dentist don't you tell someone if they ask you where you go? Well, I sure would and do and I don't expect anything from it, except that if someone is considering a LB and are looking for a good Dr then I think I had not just a good one, but a great one. Furthermore, I live in San Diego and honestly I was a little hesitant about TJ too (I've been there many times before I was 21 to have some fun & saw the lets say, shadier side of town), but I kept my mind open and was pleasantly surprised with the accomodations, and the cleanliness of the hospital, lab and OR. Again, I can't speak for any other Dr there, in fact I saw a couple of WL centers while I was there and thanked God I didn't consider using them from the looks of their buildings it would NOT be a place I would consider having surgery...but we all have to keep in mind that our surgeons are imperfect human beings like us and there can always be complications whether you go to MX or someone in the US. Just be realistic and do as much research on the surgeon you've chosen and be certain that this is the right decision for you.