Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Social Group

JDsmommy, something is definately not right here. If you have the proper amount of restriction, you should NOT be able to keep eating, unless you are eating stuff like ice cream that goes right through. I always had a hard time stopping, too, so that's why I got the band. Now it HURTS to eat too much. If you're not experiencing that, you really need to talk to your doctor. From your signature line, it looks like you're losing weight. Is this a recent development?

And now that I look closer, I see that you've only had two fills. It took the forth one for me to get me where I am. Methinks you need a fill or two!

Yep, sounds like time for a good fill to me. I had a similar problem the week before my last fill, which was my second one. I would just eat and eat, like I was frantically trying to satisfy a craving my body was having. I was still eating much less than before but enough to make me stuffed. Once I got my fill it went completely away - well, for a week. Even though he gave me 1.5cc it didn't feel all that tight in the office. Right now I can swallow things that are much larger than I wish. Next fill is on 6-10. Wish it woud hurry. Definately talk to your doctor. It really sounds like you need a fill bad.

Hi guys, I was banded 2/28/08 and just found the thread for the group! I have had three fills, and finally have some restriction, so that when I eat I really do feel full enough to stop. I am down 15 pounds. For me that is great! I think it just took me a while to get the band inflated enough to control my hunger. Just wanted to say hi.... Janice

Hi Janice, and welcome!

The more the merrier, I always like to say.

Readysteady, you need to go in rompin' and stompin' and insist they give you a GOOD fill! I'm going in for my fifth on Wednesday! I would have broken some people's bones by now if they were being that stingy with my fills. Of course, I have absolutely no patience at all.

I had my second fill last week and I only had restriction for a week. i still have not lost any weight but I have lost 21cm off my body spoke with dietitian and he advised to start walking as well as curves so that is the plan for this month. I go for my third fill on the 25th of june doctor thinks that the next one should do the trick I have 5 and 1/2 cc in there. I get so frustrated with it all.

aggie

Hi everyone! My name is Janice and I just wanted to say hi to you all. I had my band on Feb. 28th and have had three fills and finally feel like the band is there, not just a figiment of my imagination. I have lost 15 pounds, and feel pretty happy about that. However, looking at the weight loss of others, I wonder if I am not trying hard enough. Hopefully with the restriction I am feeling, I'll soon be a resident of "onederland." I am in AZ so it is pretty hot and it makes it hard to feel like excercising, but I do it anyways... Take care, and I look forward to hearing from the group. Janice

:wub: First I'd like to say welcome to Janice! This is a great place to get a lot of info and besides there are so many nice people here you will soon feel like you are part of a new extended family!:lol:

:thumbup: Hello Aggie!! I think we all have been through the kick the damn scale into the neighbors yard plateau! I didn't lose any weight for about a month and once I got my first fill the weight just fell off..my size was going but the scale just sat there..so don't give up. It's just hanging on to the bitter end to test your endurance!:thumbup:

:huh2: I know Kjeter is very aggressive in her journey and she sure looks it too..she's beautiful..and I believe her when she says she has no patience, but I think that just applies to her journey cuz she's so sweet! Looking forward to meeting her soon.

:wub:Of course Lil Miss, it's always a pleasure to see you welcome all the new gals..just like you did me and that will be a day I will remember forever GF xox By the way..I noticed your new pic on your profile..you are looking so sexy!! Your DH is going to tie you up and not let you leave the house!!:lol:

:rolleyes2:RSG..I almost feel guilty because I turned my third fill down!! I feel for you but maybe this week you'll feel more restriction and we'll see you sending smiles to us..yes??

:tongue: Ezma..you're great! Thanks for all your help and conversation. Sometimes we just need a little lady chat to Iron out our shortcomings..ME AND THIS DANG COMPUTER!! :thumbup:

I have decided that since I've become accustomed to this latest fill that I will try a little more on my next visit! I have noticed no change in the scale..AGAIN..and part of that I think is because I was sick and sat and ate..so we are going to fill er up a bit more. I want to also say, all of you are a great inspiration not only to me but to so many people that visit all the Feb 08 Bandsters threads! So much fun and passing of info is remarkable! I love you all xox!! **big hugs**

RSG and aggie, I know how it is. I thought I was good to go with my last fill, and I was for a good month. Then I woke up one day and I was STARVING! I've been hungry and eating larger meals since. I have another fill scheduled for the 13th. Together we will get there!!

Queenie, XOXO!! Yes, he won't let me go anywhere alone anymore... :eek:

:cool2:Hi Everyone!

The Weather Channel is talking about big storms going through the mid-section of the US. I hope all of you are safe and doing fine.

I am interested in learning about fills. I've had two fills in 4 months. I'm losing weight slowly, but feel overly concerned with noting how much everybody on the whole site is losing. I scroll down and do mental math constantly, noting who has lost a lot of weight and then comparing my weight loss with others. I've gotta stop this. I never knew this about myself, but seems like I must be really competative, or something.

Does everyone else dred the needle for the fill? My doctor has a hard time locating my band and he pushes hard on my stomach, makes me do a partial sit-up and keep that position for 10 years, it seems. This hurts.

Maybe it's because my stomach has lots of muscle because I've been doing sit-ups for years to help keep my back strong. (I used to have lots of back problems until I started doing strengthening exercises.)

I dred the needle and so I turned down a third fill about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm sorry I was a chicken. My next appointment is July 8. I'll accept the fill then. Until then my eating is just slightly ...sort of ...not too good. I'm not as bad as my "old self" when I didn't seem to have a stopping point when eating.

Anyway, does anyone else not like getting a fill? Am I a big baby? Maybe?

Also, I don't know how to put in photos and icons and stuff like that. How do I do that?

:cool2:Hi Everyone!

The Weather Channel is talking about big storms going through the mid-section of the US. I hope all of you are safe and doing fine.

I am interested in learning about fills. I've had two fills in 4 months. I'm losing weight slowly, but feel overly concerned with noting how much everybody on the whole site is losing. I scroll down and do mental math constantly, noting who has lost a lot of weight and then comparing my weight loss with others. I've gotta stop this. I never knew this about myself, but seems like I must be really competative, or something.

Does everyone else dred the needle for the fill? My doctor has a hard time locating my band and he pushes hard on my stomach, makes me do a partial sit-up and keep that position for 10 years, it seems. This hurts.

Maybe it's because my stomach has lots of muscle because I've been doing sit-ups for years to help keep my back strong. (I used to have lots of back problems until I started doing strengthening exercises.)

I dred the needle and so I turned down a third fill about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm sorry I was a chicken. My next appointment is July 8. I'll accept the fill then. Until then my eating is just slightly ...sort of ...not too good. I'm not as bad as my "old self" when I didn't seem to have a stopping point when eating.

Anyway, does anyone else not like getting a fill? Am I a big baby? Maybe?

Also, I don't know how to put in photos and icons and stuff like that. How do I do that?

Hey Janieb!

I'm in the Midwest and so far we haven't got too much bad weather but it looks like it could make a tornado pretty quick!

Now about your fills. Does your doctor not put a local anesthetic on you before he starts poking around for the port?? I noticed some of the doctors don't but mine does. I think we all have to do the crunches for the port to be easily accessible?? I know I have to. The first fill he jumped around about 4 times and the second fill he got right in the middle, so much so that the port created a vacuum and it DIDN'T want to let go of the needle..when he pulled it the port, skin and all came up and the needle didn't budge! HA! It was hilarious..my doc said he hit it right on target though! :biggrin2: Then he pushed on the port and pulled on the needle and it had a big pop when it finally came loose! :wub: I am schedule for another fill next week but I turned down my third fill and I've been losing about 2 lbs a week which is really more than I need to, but not this month. He said he likes to see a pound a week come off and he has to see me once a month for this study I'm in so I have a greater advantage of being able to pick and choose fills, whereas some of the ladies on this forum almost have to beg to get their fills! Since my last fill I've adjusted to eating less so now I think I'm ready for a SLIGHT adjustment! See if your doc will give you a local so he can poke around and you won't feel i

Ok..I'm not a computer guru either. I have asked some of the folks on this site and they are more than happy to help me so you will probably get lots of help and believe me it makes a big difference but I just never had to worry about pasting and posting so I can't help you but like I said a whole bunch of ladies and guys do!! Sorry~:thumbup:

Let us know how everything works out! Every person is going to lose weight differently. There are too many variables to put in to play to feel like you're not up there with the rest of the people. Just hang in there!:confused:

Hey Everybody I am Kristy and I was banded on Febuary the 5th. I have lost 71 pounds so far and I am very happy with that........ BUT I have had four fills and the last one suppossedly put me at 9 ccs and that is all i am suppossed to be able to hold in my band. So I am like what now???? SO i called my original surgon and they said that if I had 9ccs I wouldnt be able to swallow spit. Well guess what I can swallow alot more than spit.

So.. either I have a leak or my fill person is not hitting my port and is injecting saline into my stomach somewhere.... the thing is i feel rrestriction right after my fills , it juts alwasy seems like after about 2 weeks or so my restriction is gone. I am kinda trying to diet and i guess you say white knuckle it cause i dont know what else to do. .. I cant believe after 4 months my band is full.......... I think I am going to find a new fill person and get it done under fluro and see what is going on.

I know 70 pounds is great but when i look in the mirror i am still not happy I still have alot to lose i mean dang i still weight 270 so I am not ready to give up and say i am done. Any advice out there as to what to do??

Thanks for listening to my rambling but I cant be the only one who fills like this.... I HOPE