Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a doctor in Mexico? Please - I am trying to do my research. I just feel so lost.

Thanks!!:regular_smile:

I went to Dr Rumburt. It was a great experence. Every thing was better then I expected. Hotel, staff, hospital. The attention was amasing. It was all arranged by them and I was greeted when I landed. It was the best. I was banded early March. Good Luck

I went to Dr rodriguez in Juarez and was soo happy I did. I can get you info if you need .. I liked the fact that you stay in the hospital 3 days following surg so you are totally still under their care it made me feel much more secure and the hospital was great it is only 3 years old .. send me an email if you like .. katcheek2@aol.com

I am going to Dr. Kuri in Tijuana.... so far I am more than impressed and so grateful. I know a lot of people that have gone to him and all were very pleased. He is at Hospital Angeles... top of the line facility. $7500 including two nights at a hotel. My husband and parents are being banded at the same time.

Hope that helps

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

I like my doc, Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I wasn't thrilled with going to Tijuana so Mexicali was appealing to me.

My personal two favorites are Aceves and Rumbaut.

Please see my sig link for info on how to research Mexican surgeons.

Hello

My Name is Victor Heddins. I got a lapband In Monterrey Mexico about a year ago. I came down with penomonia after the surgery. My doctor was Arturo Rodriguez.

After 6 months of recovery I started to get fills. Two months ago I went back to Monterrey and found that through "Erosion" my band was now inside my stomach. It had cut through my stomach and was blocking my intestines. For an additional $2500 Arturo rodriguez used an endoscopy. He cut the fill port out and then pulled the lapband out through my mouth.

Talk to people at the fill centers and you'll soon find out that Mexico looks attractive but is No Bueno. I had to go back to Mexico because no doctor would touch me here. The malpractice was too great. Go back to Mexico was all they would say.

Don't do it !!!!

Hello

My Name is Victor Heddins. I got a lapband In Monterrey Mexico about a year ago. I came down with penomonia after the surgery. My doctor was Arturo Rodriguez.

After 6 months of recovery I started to get fills. Two months ago I went back to Monterrey and found that through "Erosion" my band was now inside my stomach. It had cut through my stomach and was blocking my intestines. For an additional $2500 Arturo rodriguez used an endoscopy. He cut the fill port out and then pulled the lapband out through my mouth.

Talk to people at the fill centers and you'll soon find out that Mexico looks attractive but is No Bueno. I had to go back to Mexico because no doctor would touch me here. The malpractice was too great. Go back to Mexico was all they would say.

Don't do it !!!!

I did not know until recently that Dr. Arturo (not Jose) Rodriguez has a verrry high erosion stat. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Just because you had a bad experience does not mean all Mexican docs are bad. There are two people on OH that had a band and couldn't figure out why they had no restriction. Turns out, the doc placed their bands around a wad of fat instead of their stomachs. Those docs are in the US. Does that mean everyone should avoid all US docs?

Infections... check out these very boards. More people are coming home with infections from US docs than Mexican docs.

There are good doctors and bad all over the world. Just because someone has a bad experience by a single doctor does not mean everyone should avoid that country. If that was the case nobody would be banded by any doctor anywhere.

Aftercare is a serious issue. That should be lined up before getting surgery anywhere, in any country, by any doctor. One should not wait until after surgery to find a local doctor to take care of aftercare issues.

Most docs will remove bands placed by other doctors, your situation is very curious, to say the least. It's fills and such they won't do. It's not a medical malpractice issue, it's a financial issue. The medical malpractice companies tell me they have no problem with doctors seeing patients banded outside the US. The issue is that the doctors want the surgery business, period. They make more money from surgery and can sometimes lose money for fills. I don't blame them for not wanting to fill Mexican banded people, I just wish they'd be honest as to the reason. It is NOT medical malpractice, it is $$.

Good luck to you.

thank you - it is alot to consider .. I am still doing my reserach. keep posting please.

:purplebananna:

:cool:

Excuse Me.I've been there. I could get a fill at Wal Mart here in the states. It was anything but that. No doctor would touch the leaking port here, Go back to Mexico. Erosion, Go back to Mexico. Endoscopy, Go back to mexico Etc. Etc.

Arturo Rodriguez is a fine fellow. He's dedicated and friendly. I speak Spanish and I like him a lot.

Point is that You couldn't hold a gun on me and get me to any other country in the world for medical anything. An American is used to some recourse and when you cross that border you wave those assurances.

I was banded in Tijuana Mexico on 3/24. Everything was great. You will always find that 1 or 2 percent of people who have trouble. There is no doctor in the world who has a 100% approval rate. This is a surgery and sometimes it has complications. Good luck with your Quest. It has been worth it to me. The U.S. is not the only place that has good Doctors. A lot of practicing Doctors in the U.S. didn't go to medical school here. They went in different countries and many went in Mexico.

Not trying to be rude, but >>> Tell me about that after you've lost $20,000 off you ass and gained 25 lbs on your stomach. You can't begin to imagine loss until your left broke after you paid for something and there is no Legal Recourse. Lo seinto Senior.

This person asked for experience to make a decision. It cannot be understated that there's a reason why it costs less South of the Border.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a doctor in Mexico? Please - I am trying to do my research. I just feel so lost.

Thanks!!:thumbs_up:

I am scheduled on April 19 at Hospital Angeles in Tijuana. I went through World Med Assist. Google both and you will get the information. They are extremely thorough and helpful.

actually Dr. Aurturo is in Monterry not in Juarez I went to Juarez and saw Dr. Jose Rodriguez at hospitales Angeles... great care and almost 3 mo out ... not a problem... just setting the record straight......

I am a very happy Mexican surgeon patient. I am lucky in that Mexico is not far away from where I live, so I can go back to my surgeon for aftercare. I personally would be leery of going to a US doctor whose experience was less than my surgeon's. Country of origin has little to do with competence.

Thanks!!:thumbs_up:

I went to Dr. Valencia in Tijuana. I had a great experience and would recommend him to anyone. He operates in Hospital Angeles which was very nice. He is not the cheapest, but is the best in my opinion! He was a professor of bariatric surgery at UCLA. I picked him because he has the best credentials of any surgeon I found in Mexico.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted!