Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was preformed by a wonderful man by the name of Dr. Joya in PV Mexico...him and his team could not have performed a better surgery and the hospital was out of this world! Three of my girlfriends also had this done by him and none have had any problems...I think you could have problems no matter where you get it done if you don't follow the rules set out for you to succeed!

Good luck in your research!

S

I am 6 years out of surgery, feeling great, no band problems at all. Dr Aceves in Mexicali, did my surgery, as well as banding a sister in law, 2 nieces and 2 friends, all are doing well.

That said---the time was different in border towns 6 years ago----not sure what my take on it would be now.

Also, the issue of US Dr.'s not wanting to deal with you---line it up ahead of time. People this is YOUR life---you can set those things up prior to surgery! I did, and I still see a Dr in Colorado who has no issue with me being banded in Mexico. He has done all my fills, my unfills for unrelated surgeries, he has no issue, but I made the appointment with him before I ever had surgery and was straight up with him, I needed the surgery but could not afford him cash pay.

A couple of years ago I had some dental work done, I have had issues with it ever since----a partial holding 2 lower teeth was made. At a very expensive rate it seemed. Shortly after getting it, the dentist had a nervous breakdown, and is no longer practicing. I cannot find a dentist around willing to work with what I have, they want to make an all new partial. It is fine, just needs adjusted where it is hitting too hard, but it is not theirs so they will not work with me. Not one dentist, I have contacted several, and met face to face with 3.

So it is a Dr. issue often times, not a country issue, you might find the same problem if you are banded by an american Dr. in California and find yourself relocated to Illinois or something.

not a very active thread anymore, but I would like to hear how peoples weight loss is still going?As well, did anyone go down alone? I would have to go down by myself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!