Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here it is, day one of the liquid diet and i already have that evil twin in my head saying its ok to cheat just once! I had asked for diet pills to help with the hunger while i am on liquids only but my Dr. does not give them. Anyone have advice on how to keep the hunger from driving us crazy?:smile:

My surgery is april 14 and i must drop some weight and change the way i feel about food.< /p>

Are you on opti-fast? I found I wasn't hungry. The first couple days were difficult because I wanted to eat. By the end of my ten days, I wasn't even finishing my shakes. You will have some rough points over the next month but now I am 10 days post op, feeling good and down 18lbs. Hang in there!

I'm on day 3 of my liquid diet, its not as bad as I thought it would be, the first day was kind of rough. I'm drinking 6 carnation instant Breakfast shakes a day. I think its more mental than anything else. Surgery date 4/16... so 12 days to go.

Hello all!

I "officially" start my pre-op diet this weekend. But I can eat yogurt, skinless fruits (apples, melon, etc.) and Soup broths (low sodium.) So I am hoping that I will drop some weight and acutally be able to not binge. I am a smoker and more worried about having to cold turkey it. Every time in the past when I've tried to cut back, I tend to eat more. So we will see!

You will hurt yourself if you eat a solid. The 4 weeks of various stages of liquid is pure Hell. Anyone who says otherwise is lieing. But, you'll get full, not satisfied, from the liquid.

I don't crave the solid food. I do get hungry, though. When I get hungry, I have a shake or some Soup or something and I'm stuffed. You really don't need solids. It's only a few weeks, anyway.

Edited by love777pink

Someone on here told me about chromium picolinate, you can get it at GNC or any Vitamin shop. My surgeon said its fine to take pre and post op, it is super tiny so it will not get stuck post op. It curbs carb cravings and decreases appetite. It has really helped me on my preop liquid diet.< /p>

Hi Stacie,

I'm from NC, I have a April 18th date too!!!!!!!!!!!I started my 2 week Optifast today. Whew..... its rough but I'm determined to do right. Lets stay in touch and keep each other encouraged.

Hello Slk,

We should def keep in touch. I too am determined to make this work! I love this website, it is so informative. I just got done looking at the before and after pics posted and it helps keep me motivated (as I'm sitting here with my stomach growling and twitchy because I haven't smoked all day.) :cursing: I hope things go well and congratulations!

I am being banded April 23. I had my appointment with the dietician yesterday to prepare me for the 2 week pre and post op liquid diet. She gave me a bag of samples to try. Unjury Protein Drinks, Proti 15 drinks some bars also. Also a sample of "Boost" to try. What did you all drink on your liquid part? Did anyone use these?

I am on my liquid diet now, my surgry date is April 14. All I have is my chicken broth, 3 cans of slim fast shakes a day, and SF Jello and SF popcicles..Believe me its rough but that's how we are going to pass the test of the 4 weeks to get it down. HEHEHE...I just wish there was something more then those that I can do to make me not feel like I was starving myself.

I am glad that I am not alone with this diet..

I am on Day 3 of my pre op liquid diet!!! Got 11 more days to go according to my doctor. I am drinking Optifast, and its not bad, but I feel it's not enough. I am glad to hear that it gets better and you feel full later. I've been trying to throw in alot of Water right after the shake. And it helps. I've already apologize to all my family and friends, cause the bad attitude is coming soon. I feel it!!!:tongue:. My Big Day is April 16. Glad to know I'm not the only one!!!! Stay Strong!!!!!!!:lol:

I am on my second week of shakes and one meal of lean cuisines. My doctor has me drinking Bariatrx Essential Protein Shakes. Next Wednesday I start on the two week all shakes diet. Not looking forward to it. :lol: It is really rough.:tongue:

new to the board and also new to learning about the Lap Band.

You have to go on a liquid program before the Lap Band?

I am so scared of this surgery. I guess of all the stories about gastric bypass. It seems safe but aprehensive here.