Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I new some band buddies

Hi, My name is Esmeralda, I was banded on 01/07/05 by Dr. Kuri and I am strugguling with my band. First of all I would like to find some band buddies to talk to people when I am getting discouraged and also meet with people and share notes and experiences.

I started at 243.5 and I am at 227 as of today, I feel like I could do better but for some reason I am not as motivated as I was in the begginging, I cheat alot and I feel so bad about it but I don't know how to snap out of that. I feel that I invested allot of money, so I cheat myself out of using this tool properly. I am a single mother of 2 boys, I have a full time job and I really don't have time just for me. I have someone has advice for me!! I am very mad at myself for not trying harder but what can I do??

Esmeralda

Dr. Kuri

01/07/05

243.5/227/150

Esmeralda, you and I are in the same boat. I am far, far better than I used to be before the band, but I stopped losing weight a couple months ago and have been eating goodies like they are going out of style.

I've been through a lot with my band (Kuri removed my first port and I just had my 2nd port removed by another surgeon.) The one thing that keeps me going are my friends here at LBT. Also, we have to remember that while our Bands might not work today, there's always tomorrow. As long as I don't hurt myself, my Band will be there when my brain decides to partner up with my mouth and stomach. I'll be your Band bud! Where do you live?

Hi Esmeralda - Welcome to LBT!

Girl, we ALL have highs and lows with our bands... some good days, some bad days. Some days I even wonder if there is anything inside b/c I can eat so much!

Youre lifestyle has alot of do with it too. Being a young mother with small children, its very hard to stick to a diet.

Just wondering, do you eat alot of fast food? Its so much easier to get fast food or something else that is bandster poison then deal with grocery shopping, cooking then cleaning the kitchen and having 2 littles ones buzzing around you during this process. Im just guessing at things that may be hindering you from losing.

Another thought... if you are able to spend any time on-line, alot of people go to fitday.com and chart their food intake so they can see where all those calories are coming from. If you use this, just make sure you chart everything you put into your mouth. (Its easy to forget about that handful of chips, or a couple of jelly beans)

What about a fill? Do you think you may need an adjustment?

Good luck.

Have you had a fill?? The reason I ask is because I'm am feeling and doing the same thing, and I think It might have a tad to do with fact that I have not had a fill yet?? I'll be your buddy, This is a jurney and I feel that we can use all the support that we can get!!! Good luck, and I hope your feeling better soon.. remember all diets are hard, but we have a great tool to help us!!

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my message. I am 30 years old and my kids are 9 and 5 years old, we do not eat alot of fast foods because since I got my band I am trying to change my kids eating habits also, like no more soda only crystal light and I buy sugar free Cookies, I stopped buying chips. I always tell my oldest son that I want them to learn how to have good eating habits so when they are older they don't struggle like I have. I live in Lakewood, California and work in Fullerton. If anyone is interested in meeting please email me alanis_esmeralda @yahoo.com.

Esmeralda

Dr. Kuri DOB 01/07/05

Yo Esmeralda: I am in Van Nuys. I was just in Irvine for my surgery. I am also getting ready to leave town for the month of April but would certainly love to connect when I get home sometime in May. I could take the train to Fullerton and we could do lunch or dinner or something. That would be cool.

HI Esmeralda, I think it would be very tough having children & the band & having to care to their needs always. I give you alot of credit for the great success you've already had. The best advise I can say is you need to schedule the time for yourself & make it a priority. Your kids are old enough to understand Mommy time by now & they will also benefit from the discipline they'll learn by leaving you alone for 15-20 mins a couple times a week. Grab your fav book, light a candel, take a bath or go walk if possible. Its important for you to be whole has well as them. Good Luck.

Hi Esmerelda and welcome to LBT!!! 16 pounds isn't bad at all I don't think. I am hoping for 15 in my first 2 months. I know I will have to behave and not "cheat" the band too. I am positive about it though. I was one day post op and just haddddd to take a lick of the jelly packet in front of me!! I didn't eat it, just licked it a couple times. Maybe you could throw your eating energy into some sugar free candies? When dieting before, the jolly ranchers sugar free candies were awesome and satisfied my sweet tooths! I am nearly one week banded so I am still plugging away on liquids but I am soooooo looking forward to moving on to creamy stage!!

And I think by reaching out to support here at LBT you have made a step towards getting help. You already have identified your problem now you just need the encouragement to do it!! We will all be your buddies here. :D Have you signed up for the Weight loss challenge thread yet???

Also, have you checked into some local support groups???

Welcome to LBT, I hope to see you posting more!!

Hey, I'm in Ontario. It's not a five minute drive, but I would love to get together with you once I get back from my banding surgery on April 1. My email address is isa_perard@msn.com.

I am more than open to meet with anyone who likes, this makes me get motivated!! I get support at work about me having my band but it's not the same to actually know someone with a band!! Thanks everyone, I can't wait to meet you guys!:banana

Hey Jenna , just a quick question, I'm getting banded tomorrow and was wondering will I be starving the first 2 weeks while on the liquid diet. This past ten days has been hard doing the pre-op liquid diet and I was hoping that I won't be starving after I'm banded. Thanks Ms. Serenity.:smile2:

Hi Esmerelda and welcome to LBT!!! 16 pounds isn't bad at all I don't think. I am hoping for 15 in my first 2 months. I know I will have to behave and not "cheat" the band too. I am positive about it though. I was one day post op and just haddddd to take a lick of the jelly packet in front of me!! I didn't eat it, just licked it a couple times. Maybe you could throw your eating energy into some sugar free candies? When dieting before, the jolly ranchers sugar free candies were awesome and satisfied my sweet tooths! I am nearly one week banded so I am still plugging away on liquids but I am soooooo looking forward to moving on to creamy stage!!

And I think by reaching out to support here at LBT you have made a step towards getting help. You already have identified your problem now you just need the encouragement to do it!! We will all be your buddies here. :) Have you signed up for the Weight loss challenge thread yet???

Also, have you checked into some local support groups???

Welcome to LBT, I hope to see you posting more!!