Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for May? What Day?

I leave tomorrow to San Diego and will go to Mexico Monday morning for pre op testing... then Tuesday is the big day!!!! I am nervous as heck, but know all will be just fine and over before I know it. I won't be checking until June 1st.... so I won't be reading any posts until then, but can't wait to catch up!!!

Kammi in Everett, WA

Was Supposed To Start Optifast shakes, But Haven't Received Them Yet. They Were Ordered Wednesday From The Doc's Office. I Bought Some Designer whey Products Which Were On The List Of Approved Protein Drinks. I Have Downed So Many Popsicles, Broths, Jello, Water, Other Unsweetened liquids, But Am Still So Hungry.

Tylenol Is Probably Going To Be My New Friend For Awhile. I Hate Taking Medication, But If Needed I Will.

Stephanie---waco,tx

YEE HAW for

Lexy, Amy, Jodi, Shannon, Janette, Paula, BodyButter64, Kathy, Dorothy

How are you all doing? Today I finally feel almost normal, I got off the couch without a loud "OUCH" oh and I Pooped!!! I was getting worried... I know.. your thinking thanks for sharing that... but who knows you might not have done that yet either... so it will come..lol

See if you can have apple juice. I drank apple juice prior to surgery and it helped with my appetite and with my headaches.

Hi all,

I am fairly new to this website and have enjoyed reading everyone's posts and experiences with the lap-band. I am from Waco, Tx. Not quite 40, but will be 40 in July, so I didn't think I really fit in the 30's group. I am actually looking forward to the 40's because they are the beginning of the REAL me.

What I mean is, I have lived my life for everyone else but me and now it is my time to be selfish and put myself first. Not everyone is on my side in regards to having the lap-band surgery, but I am thankful to have found this site for the support.

I will be banded on May 30th in Plano, Tx. I am so excited and can't wait. I went for my first appt this past Tuesday and since I am self-pay, was able to get my surgery right away.

I started liquids yesterday and I am starving. I feel like what I imagine someone going through withdrawals feeling. I guess I am withdrawing from my former unhealthy life. I am sure it will be well worth it. But for now, I have a killer headache. Any suggestions? Need help fast.

I was banded May 7th too. How are you feeling. I'm starting to eat musshies. Mostly I'm having Slim Fast and Soup. How much have you lost? I've lost 14 pounds but I am stuck there. Are you still hurting at all?

I was banded on May 7th.

Patti

Gralda, I am just like you! My post op diet was exactly the same, and I have not lost since starting on solids, even though I am eating significantly less than pre-Band. I went to my 2 week follow-up today, and I am healing well. BUt I can't get a fill untilJuly. I hope that when I can start exercising more, the weight will come off, even slowly...

But I do feel great!

Why are they making you wait until July for a fill? That seems like a long time. I also have to start exercising, I know once I get a routine down I will be okay - it's just that getting started again that is hard!

Why are they making you wait until July for a fill? That seems like a long time. I also have to start exercising, I know once I get a routine down I will be okay - it's just that getting started again that is hard!

They make me wait 6 weeks after surgery, but my surgeon is on vacation until the end of June, and that was the first available appt. I guess she has to determine the 1st fill.

May 30th is my surgery date, just 6 days left!:biggrin:

I go to the drs tomorrow for my one week post.. cant wait to see if I lost some weight... I cant see how I couldnt have...lol

Lexy, Amy, Jodi, Shannon, Janette, Paula, BodyButter64, Kathy, Dorothy

When do you go back to drs?

I want to wish all of the "end of May" bandsters all the best for their upcoming surgeries.

I was banded on May 1st and I feel GREAT!! I am going for my first fill tomorrow... I'm looking forward to it.

The best advice that I can give is to keep smiling and get up and WALK as soon as you can after the surgery!!

Let us all know how you made out!!!