Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What worries you (or worried you) about getting banded?

You know I was kind of worried about sagging skin.. because I have to loose about 108lbs... but as I see it.. when i lost weight before I was working out at the same time toning.. and it definately helps... My stomach was huge.. but when i lost it the first time my stomach left i use to do 150 crunches in the morning and 150 in the env. at least 6-days a week... and i guess it helped.. lol.. because when i got prego with my son most of my weight went to my butt... :unsure: and hips..ouch.. so along with the elliptical machine the inner and outer hip abductor at the gym im sure it will be ok... but that is and was one of my major concerns... and about how long will the band last.. like 7-10yrs from now.. but im sure in a few years with having the band i will ask for them to do an x-ray to check to make sure that it is still visiable and it still in tact.. if not out it goes....lol..

I had similar worries to everyone, but what I realised that what all those worries were were my mind trying to tell me "but I like food, I like comfort eating, I dont want to give it up". I kept thinking "just one more try on my own" but what I really meant was "I need to leave myself that escape clause becuase I dont really want to change". Its the first time in my life that I realised that I got *something* out of overeating. I still dont know what it was. I have a good relationship with my mother, my parents are together, my childhood was great, I have been with my husband since I was 16, I just dont have those stresses in my life on which it is so easy to blame your weight problems.

Then it hit me. Eureka. To lose weight ON MY OWN, I had to give up comfort eating forever anyway. It was the same deal band or no band. Why not do it with a band and make it a bit easier?

I *should* have worried about my boobs. Lol. My goodness, where did they go?

I am so worried, I will never get approved...and on the day of my next denial I will have a heart attack and just fade away...leaving behind everyone I love...

I will be banded on April 16th. My major worry is that I will fail. The band is just a tool to help you lose weight. Just like any tool if it isn't used correctly it won't work. Can I stick to healthy eating and excerise? If I can't how will I face everyone that knows I have the band and still can't lose weight? I think all the concerns i've read here are normal and its normal for us to have them.

My two biggest worries are "will I fail?" and "will I regret spending this much money (self pay)?"

Other worries:

-loose skin after weight loss

-band problems (slippage, erosion, port flipped, etc) that will lead to me spending even more of our own money

-giving up sweets for the most part

my only concern was something going wrong with the band and the cost to get it fixed...i'm self-pay. but the benefit far outweighs the cost - and i'm only 4 weeks in!

my biggest worry was the thought of remaining fat the rest of my life and fighting to get free of this elephant on my back.

hope this helps

tiff

My biggest worry is failure. I am so afraid of remaining fat for the rest of my life, but I know all I can do is educate myself on the right things to eat, exercise, and hope for the best.

My biggest worry preband was that I was going to die on the table. I was so scared of that, the morning of the surgery I almost chickened out.

Post surgery, my biggest concern is that I will not learn what "full" means. (I'm still early in the post op stage) And because of overeating or something, I'll stretch my band or cause a slip.