Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's be honest about exercise

If i go more than 3 dats without walking I begin to feel miserable and I have a terrible attitude. I am going to incorporate weights and go back to swimming after I have my first dr visit on Thursday. It's hard to get started but once you do and you see how better you feel you really do not want to stop.

This has always been a grrrr topic for me..

I started at Curves 3 years ago and I really do like it. I can do 30 minutes, 3 days a week (as soon as I get cleared to start exercising again, I'm going to try the Zumba class) - and I HATE exercising. But the Curves program is based on resistance and your work your way up; a good program has coaches that will help you do the machines correctly and its all women, which is something I really liked. Everyone there is very supportive and they also have a diet program which is similar to WW.

On the other 3 days I get on my treadclimber and watch TV or listen to music for 30 minutes - again, I hate exercising, but I made a commitment to eat right and exercise when I had my surgery and I'm NOT going to get back on that treadmill (excuse the pun) of gaining and losing weight over and over.

We can do this peeps! Its a new year and even if we go backwards a little bit one day, we can start over the next.

I do, most weeks. I got a job at my local YMCA so that I would already be there ;) . Most weeks, I would say 3 weeks out of a month, I stay at work all 5 days and work out between 30 minutes to an hour and a half. Some weeks I only do 3 days, but I kick myself the next week and sometimes go over-board with the exercise and hurt myself.

Before I got the job there I did Zumba once a week, but I haven't been to one class since. I love Zumba, it was so much fun. I'm trying to get to one, but I keep coming up with an excuse to not drive back up there (it takes me about 5 minutes to get there). I want to start Water classes, but (my excuse) my swimsuit is too big now... need to get a new one.

I love exercise. I'm addicted to it. I am at the gym 5 days a week. Do cardio for 20-30 mins and then lift weights for about 30-40 mins. I contribute my success to it. It took me 2 years to lose 165 pounds and to be at goal. I also had a baby along the way.

finding an exercise i love was the only thing that worked for me, so it s Water fitness classes for me 3x a week, and walking when i have time . i hate weights and the treadmill, BORING.................................! However some do well on them so if thats your thing maybe a good mp3 player or for the treadmill, books on tape ? Also maybe try something new, like salsa dancing, zumba, tennis, biking etc ?? good luck !

Exer-what? :D

When I think about exercise I can talk myself into feeling motiviated, even charged up about it but when it comes to actually doing the exercise, well-not so much. It is terribly frustrating. I don't know if it is low energy, low motivation, laziness or just a consequence of a very busy life where it is easy to "not have time". The only good thing for me is I have lost around 60lb, so I feel better and am definitely more active (ie. working in the yard, more apt to vaccum a few times a week instead of month). I have tried zumba which is a lot of fun, but I have bad knees and I just can't hack the high impact pace....but as with other writers in this post - I have a low impact eliptical machine, which sticks its tongue out at me every time I go into our garage and goes spthththt! :P

Not exercising does slow weightloss though, and you would think that "should" be enough to get us all off our arses and out there moving! If anyone figures out the secret to the exercise challenge please do share!

I really don't like to exercise either. I do like to walk, but with 3 kids it's hard to get a walk in. I have lost and maintained my 100 lb weight loss with limited exercise. I have tried the gym. Working out with a neighbor who is a personal trainer. I just don't like it.

If I even think about doing it I can talk myself out of it.

For me is the whole reason I was out of control and need help therefore got a band. I have reached goal but I have worked out 2 hrs a day x5+ days but when i fall off the wagon I fall off. Every day is a new day. I dont beat my self up! I do my best to feel positive and get in the game - eating well & exercising = healthly balance.

I don't. I just watch what I eat which is less calories that I know I will burn. When I do exercise, it's in the Water for about 30 to 40 minutes twice a week. That's it.

I lost 60 pounds walking my old Lab Retriever back in 2002. I was over 360 pounds, and she was getting big around the middle as well!!! LOL! We both started walking in February... by the end of the summer we were walking for two hours a day through the farm fields and trails through the woods. Unfortunately, my old lab passed away, and my walking regime went by the wayside and I've been going between my old weight and down to maybe 340 during the summer. I just had the lab band last December (2013) and my latest fill has finally show the results that expect from the band. I just joined a local healthclub, and I am using the treadmills 60 minutes a day.. so far six pounds lost in six days! And I rescued another black lab puppy to share walks with!! Labs are great walking buddies!