Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

I agree with your trainer and Ceradad. I eat a lot more than the typical bandster because I work hard at the gym and on my bike.

I think I've mentioned this before in these challenge threads, but the P.A. I see and I do not see eye to eye on this. She keeps looking only at the amount of food I eat each meal and thinks only of what most bandsters will eat. She forgets to take into account that I exercise more than probably 95% of her patients. I need the calories to fuel my exercising. And, now with spring/summer coming on, I'm going to continue needing those calories probably more so. I am playing in one softball league, subbing for about 2 or 3 more and umping softball 2 nights a week. Not to mention, I do not plan on sliding on my workouts. May do more biking than treadmill/elliptical, but still lifting.

And, no to tights.:drool: No way will you ever find me in tights. Unless, it is underneath a couple layers of normal clothing.:frown:

Went to the gym today and did 30 minutes strength training (legs) and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I think exercising is really helping me get past my plateau. I was down a pound this morning............I know a pound isn't that much, but I've been stuck on the same weight (even up a few pounds here and there). Anyway, feels good to see the scales moving in the right direction!

Went last night for lower body. Did squats for the first time in about 2 mos.....damn, my quads hurt. Amazing how I can do hack squats and leg presses that entire time and I still hurt after squats.

Anyway, this morning was 50 minutes on elliptical again. No lifting tonight as it is a non lifting day. Back at it tomorrow morning.

Sorry to be so silent. I had mom medical issues that I had to tend to last week I did make my workouts. Even with out of town doc visits I got in 3 walks of 30 minutes Last week.

This week I walked Monday for 1.5 miles. Then Tuesday I made it to yoga. being 5 weeks post op I feel like I did pretty well. I only modified a few moves and made the entire class. I followed it with another 1.5 miles walk. Took a day of rest today and will head back to the gym in the AM.

Great to see everyone doing so well! Keep it up.

Knock, knock......Can I come in? I know I'm a bit late but I'd like to lose at least 10lbs by month-end. Weight loss has slowed lately, but before I get another fill I think I need to try getting in some kind of exercise. Have been doing nada! I have an elliptical and no time to go to the gym (I'm pursuing 2 degrees currently)! Any suggestions?

Ovah-all are welcome. The more the merrier.

As for me, back in at 0500 this morning for cardio. Drove into work so I got 65 minutes in. Back tonight for upper body workout.

Supposed to snow again from this afternoon/evening until Saturday morning. Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go outside and get busy with the bike and softball.;)

Well i got to say i havnt posted here for a while either. But i been working out like crazy. Running, swimming, weight lifting , spin class and bicycling outside now!.

Im off to Montreal next week for work but i have a 5K run in Oshkosh to get through first.

Wish me luck!

good luck whosya!!!!!!

yesterday - day off (did take my horse out for an hr ride)

today -

2mile warm up on bike

90 training session w/trainer: upper body & abs / 2 mile run

2mile warm down on bike

Supposed to snow again from this afternoon/evening until Saturday morning. Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go outside and get busy with the bike and softball.;)

where do you live ceradad??

Knock, knock......Can I come in? I know I'm a bit late but I'd like to lose at least 10lbs by month-end. Weight loss has slowed lately, but before I get another fill I think I need to try getting in some kind of exercise. Have been doing nada! I have an elliptical and no time to go to the gym (I'm pursuing 2 degrees currently)! Any suggestions?

With the elliptical, you can get a pretty good cardio workout in, if you interval train, pedal backwards, etc. And if you have no time for the gym, you can always do the calisthenic options... push-ups, supermans, lunges/squats, planks.

Good luck getting your lb's off!

Ok I just remember I had the turbo jam dvd's. Actually one was still in the Dvd player. So I pressed play today and did the 40 minutes cardio party. Although i could not get some of the moves in yet. The key was to keep moving the whole time and I think I pretty much accomplished that. However I think I ate too much today,so I'm going to make an appointment for a fill. thanks for the motivation all.

Hey all!!!

I have missed posting, but I am slowly trying to figure out a schedule...I have been working my tail off with clinicals, and getting used to being on my feet all day. However I have went on some nice walks this week! Anyways hope to hit the gym in the morning. My Friday clinical cancelled so watch out elliptical here I come!! Okay well I just thought I would post in! So many newbies! How awesome! It sounds like your all doing a great job!! Congrats on the race Stefanie! Ceradad it sounds like your going to be one busy guy who is getting a lot of exercise! Whosya, good luck on your 5K! You all are doing awesome!!!!

woo hoo! Just got back from the gym.. did 20 minutes on the elliptical, then lots of leg work. Phew! I'm beat. Time to shower and hit the hay... just wanted to report in. :sad_smile:

I love this thread, it's motivating!

Well guys, I probably won't have anything to report about exercise for a little while. I found out yesterday I have staph infection in my leg, my nose, and on my face. They had to cut open the spot on my leg to get a culture to send off, and they had to pack it with sterile gauze. It's pretty sore, so I'm not sure when I can exercise again but I hope it's soon.

georgia girl - that is awful, i sure you can get that healed properly! exercise can come afterwards - keep us updated.

got a REAL early ride on my horse this am - hubby is off today, letting him sleep in after long flight from london....so will hit the gym later in the day w/him.