Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

I'm in! I just joined my local YMCA today and I go for my orientation tomorrow morning, I'm soooo excited. So far, I've lost pretty consistantly without exercise, but the weight loss has really slowed down for me. I am going to shoot for 24 hours for the month of April. Good luck everyone!

I'm in ! Tuesday I did 100 crunches on the ab lounge (because of time constraints) and Wedneday I did 225 crunches on the ab lounge and swam 1 1/2 miles at the pool (1 hour). Not sure what the plan is today, but I'm thinking treadmill.

Ok, this morning was a little tough to get going. Got to gym, and Cardio Cinema was down:frown:. So, I had to go in the normal cardio area and only got 45 minutes in today for 3.62 miles and 735 calories. Tonight is the end of the 3 wk cycle for upper body, meaning 12 reps per exercise per circuit. This is the one that kicks my a$$ the most. 8 exercises, 12 reps, 3 cycles. I'll be sweating bullets by 6 pm.:biggrin:

Today was my first day at the gym. I started out with a 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill, then I did 45 minutes of strength training, then 30 minutes on the elliptical. I am soooo tired..........but in a good way!

exhausted as i type - todays exercise:

20min warmup on treadmill (3.1)

50min w/trainer - arm/ab/leg strength training circut...too many squats to count:crying:

20min cool down on bike (level 5)

And y'all KNOW I am in! Thanks for starting the thread, Ceradad!

Wow! It's great to see so many new faces this month! Welcome everybody!

Okay, I'm behind on posting again, so here goes:

Sunday rode 62 miles on my bike...still in training, as y'all know.

Monday was two full hours at the gym working chest, then three sets of slant board crunches and three sets of knee raises. Did I mention this ab work is KILLING me? But I want a six-pack, dang it! :lol: I also rode 17 miles on my bike that morning.

Tuesday was an hour and a half of biceps and triceps...did that bicep relay again! Glad we only do that once a month to shock our muscles...I'm so sore. Finished with three sets of crunches and three sets of knee raises. Rode 17 miles on my bike that morning.

Wednesday was an hour and a half on my back. (No spitting Water all over your monitor on that one, Ceradad...you KNOW what I mean! :biggrin:) Added a couple new back exercises, as I told my partner that was my focus this month. Three sets of crunches and three sets of knee raises. Another 17 miles on my bike in the morning.

Today I went for 29 miles on my bike and will work legs at the gym later. Will post how that goes.

I'm so excited about my ride this weekend! http://www.tourdallas.org/ Turns out my Mom can't go, so I'm going alone. But that's cool...this ride allows IPOD's, so I'll be taking that and my camera and enjoying the ride and the other participants. And the weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's...I couldn't ask for better!

I'm so excited about my ride this weekend! Tour Dallas Turns out my Mom can't go, so I'm going alone. But that's cool...this ride allows IPOD's, so I'll be taking that and my camera and enjoying the ride and the other participants. And the weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's...I couldn't ask for better!

Wow - I wish I knew about this sooner; I'm in NTX as well. Hubby and I when we were fit use to mountain bike around Lake Grapevine. We pulled them off the hooks in the garage, dusted them off & and had them serviced - Plan on going out this wkend...Good luck w/the race!!!

Wednesday was an hour and a half on my back. (No spitting Water all over your monitor on that one, Ceradad...you KNOW what I mean! :bolt:)

Why do you keep doing this to me? In case you were unaware, police officers are very sick people. After 16 yrs in the security/police profession, I am converted and beyond hope. We can find dirty meaning in almost anything. You just keep setting me up here.:eek:

GG and luluc, great jobs. Keep up the good work!:eek:

Wow - I wish I knew about this sooner; I'm in NTX as well. Hubby and I when we were fit use to mountain bike around Lake Grapevine. We pulled them off the hooks in the garage, dusted them off & and had them serviced - Plan on going out this wkend...Good luck w/the race!!!

Hey, you can still sign up! They are taking entrants right up to start time. There are three courses...8 miles, 20 miles (I think that's right?), and 30 miles. I'm doint the 30. There will be SAG wagons, rest stops outfitted with volunteers to hand out water/drinks and Snacks, and a party afterward. You two should so go!

Why do you keep doing this to me? In case you were unaware, police officers are very sick people. After 16 yrs in the security/police profession, I am converted and beyond hope. We can find dirty meaning in almost anything. You just keep setting me up here.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know about cops! You're ALL a bunch of pervs! LOL At first, I thought you might be the exception, but now I know better! :thumbup: You should of never let the cat out of the bag, because now I will set you up every chance I get! :eek:

Trust me Stef, you won't even have to try to set me up. I can almost make any statement dirty in my mind. I try to hide it from DW as much as possible, but sometimes it slips.:smile:

Ok, last night was upper body circuits at 12 reps. As I predicted, it was an a$$kicker.

This morning was elliptical for 50 minutes, 850 calories and 4.1 miles.

Went to the gym again this morning and here's what I did:

15 minutes on treadmill

30 minutes on the elliptical (I was able to go a good bit faster today)

Yesterday was my first time working out in months, so I will have to build up again.

today -

40min yoga class

30min elliptical (level5)

i am just exhausted, had no energy for weights, there is tomorrow:)

Worked legs yesterday as planned. Bought a lifting belt to see if that would help, and boy howdy, does it ever! Went real heavy on the leg press. Normally leg day has soreness settling in two days after, but not this time...it hurts to move at all today. So it was a good workout. Leg press, cable kickbacks, calf raises, leg extentions...all six sets of twelve. Then four sets of twelve hanging knee raises. No crunches...feels like my abs are positively ripping apart even with knee raises and need a break. Worked two hours.

Today was shoulders. Again, the belt is awesome! Was able to lift more with the support. Worked for an hour and a half through my sets of twelve. Six sets of twelve knee raises. Again no crunches for the same reason.

No bike today, and going to bed early. Have to be out the door by 6:30am (Ugh, I don't do mornings)...TOUR DALLAS IS TOMMORROW! YAY!

I just saw this thread, and I'm joining the gym today, so I'm in! Hafta get me one of those tickers. :tt1:

I'll commit to 20 hours. Mostly cardio, with a mix of weight training once I put together a plan.

TXF - Hope the race went well, you got a BEAUTIFUL day!!!! & because it's a beautiful day, hubby and I just did a quit run to the gym to get cardio only in. Then off to pool supply / home depot / etc...

So aside from the 45min on the elliptical / I'll be cleaning the pool - chemicals & stuff....Then make a margarita and hang outside:):tt1: