Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January '08 Bandsters

I've been wondering how others are doing. I was banded on 1/28/08 and am 2 months post. I've had 2 fills but have no restriction. Where are others in this process?

I was banded 1/14. My first fill isn't till 4/8/08..I have zero restriction but I have been doing pretty good with willpower and have been excersizing 4 times per week since Feb 1st. I'm losing slowly. I was on a 3 week plateau but seem to be losing again this past week.

Hello all, I posted this tread in the pre-op forum but didn't get response from any that had already been banded. Just wondered if any of you had any experience with this... if you don't mind taking a look!! :smile:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/weight-gain-6-morbid-obesity-supervised-diet-56652/

I appreciate your input!

Hey Southern Missy, I had a look at your post and just had a couple of questions (I did not have to do a 6 month preop diet thing)...

1) What is your 6 month preop that you have been on? On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being not so good) where would you say you are on it with how well you have been following the diet guidelines?

2) Is the medication that you have been taken known to cause weight gain as a side effect?

The 6-month supervised "diet" really isn't a diet at all...like most people, the doctor is not so concerned with me losing any weight, more of a maintenance type thing, which as a general rule I don't have a problem with. For example: I have been the same weight for over a year and a half with only TOM fluctuations. When I saw my OB/GYN last month for my yearly, when he discovered I was put on Lexapro, he made a point of telling me it was not one he would have chosen because of the side effect of weight gain. :lol: So, anyway.. I would have to concur that it did have that effect on me. Prior to that, I was on Zoloft for 5 years and, as I said, since starting on Lexapro in October, I have had the 20-pound weight gain.

BTW all January bandsters, Didn't mean to hijack your thread! :smile:

The 6-month supervised "diet" really isn't a diet at all...like most people, the doctor is not so concerned with me losing any weight, more of a maintenance type thing, which as a general rule I don't have a problem with. For example: I have been the same weight for over a year and a half with only TOM fluctuations. When I saw my OB/GYN last month for my yearly, when he discovered I was put on Lexapro, he made a point of telling me it was not one he would have chosen because of the side effect of weight gain. :lol: So, anyway.. I would have to concur that it did have that effect on me. Prior to that, I was on Zoloft for 5 years and, as I said, since starting on Lexapro in October, I have had the 20-pound weight gain.

BTW all January bandsters, Didn't mean to hijack your thread! :smile:

Ahh okay I gotcha. Well under the circumstances girlie I wouldn't feel too bad about it. If they didn't put you on a strict "eat x y z" and then gave you something that has a side effect of weight gain then what do they expect!

Good luck with everything and don't worry about the hijacking as long as there are no snakes on plane we're alright :lol:

Hi everybody. thanks for your posts. It's still a trying time. I'm struggling with watching what I eat. I have trouble drinking Water and get disappointed in myself. I am starting anew today. I will do good on my venture on ""a new lifestyle"". But oh how I wish I had restriction.

Hi everybody. thanks for your posts. It's still a trying time. I'm struggling with watching what I eat. I have trouble drinking Water and get disappointed in myself. I am starting anew today. I will do good on my venture on ""a new lifestyle"". But oh how I wish I had restriction.

Hang in there! It's a battle but you can do it!!

I am doing well. I have had 4 fills to 5.7cc in my 10 cc band. I have good restriction without struggling to get food down and am losing easily with 1000-1400 cal a day. I am super pleased.

I am doing very well also. I will ge betting my third fill at the end of the month but I already have restriction, especially in the morning. I can fill my chewable Vitamin go down. I try not to eat more than 1200 calories a day and I definetly don't eat as much with each fill. I have learned that going out to eat can be a waste of time for me unless I share my food with someone.

It's one month later. Is anyone still there? I've had 5 fills and have finally got restriction but it's hard to get the food down now without feeling chest pain. Any one with the same issue

Yep, that means you are probably at the sweet spot or a little too tight. Try to cut the food up smaller and chew, chew, chew slowly.

I have been feeling the burn in the chest when I don't pay attention to my eating. When I cut the pieces small and eat slow and chew, I get stuff down. Sometimes I only eat once or twice a day and I am not hungry after that, sometimes not hungry till the end of the next day.

I am at 6.1cc's in a 10cc band, I go back to the doc in two weeks, and don't think I am going to ask for a fill this time.

I have restriction but I don' think I am at my sweet spot yet - well I may be now but just don't know it as I am on the "post fill eating" until today so we'll see how solids go down. But regardless of sweet spot or not - I am losing weight and that's fantastic !