Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January '08 Bandsters

I'm in Morganville. I don't know where union county, but I'm in Monmouth county.

I know all about sabatoging myself. I am looking into trying to find a therapist who deals with weight issues,

It's time to make those healthy food choices - I'm rooting for you.

Your south of me!! not too far I guess. Definately talk to someone they make us jump through hoops to get the surgery and you've done so well to give it all up. Go get a fill that will definately help with over eating. I'm looking at your date now and it's been a little over a year. Excellent progress I'll say. I just had mine this past Jan. I can't wait to say that I've lost 90lbs. Just hang in there and get some help food is definately an addiction. I saw this site some where OA.org check it out.:redface:

I'm in Morganville. I don't know where union county, but I'm in Monmouth county.

I know all about sabatoging myself. I am looking into trying to find a therapist who deals with weight issues,

It's time to make those healthy food choices - I'm rooting for you.

Thanks, and me for you!!!!

I think we all know...its just doing something about it...I need to do the same. Good luck to you!!!:unsure:

I started going to Overeaters Anonymous for support. I don't know if it's for me yet, but I am tryhing to help myself. Thanks all for the support.

Still eating mushies I should't be. Scare to go on the scale today. Have to get to the gym.

Have an appointment Tuesday with doc., will ask for a very small fill because I don't know how much more of a fill I could physically handle. Afraid them the restriction might be too much. Wish me luck.

Still eating mushies I should't be. Scare to go on the scale today. Have to get to the gym.

Have an appointment Tuesday with doc., will ask for a very small fill because I don't know how much more of a fill I could physically handle. Afraid them the restriction might be too much. Wish me luck.

Good Luck!!:smile:

i'm so mad... i got a newer band, which is 14ml, and my doctor has only filled it to about 3ml, and always gives me a hard time about filling it anymore - last time i went to see him, he wouldn't even give me a fill, because i had failed to see him for a few months (i was sick all winter). i started on 1/8/08 at 322.5, and last time i weighed myself, a few days ago, i was 254, and i only lost that weight because i had the flu and dropped like 10lbs because i was not eating at all... before that i had been at a plateau in the 260s. he says i should be losing a lb and week so i'm "just a little behind" -- i think this is nuts - i should be below 200 already!

what's your experience with fills and since you guys were banded when i was, i'd be interested to know your progress so far, since i'm just barely at 70lbs.

Hi girls

I went for the fill. Since then eating has been less so mushies have been more. Ice cream, ice cream, Cookies. Can't seen to get it under control. I even gained 5lbs. Called a therapist and waiting to hear back from him. Don't know about OA. Has anyone been able to get themselves out of a bad rut like this.

Edited by Bandana

Did you call the lap band doctor?

No. You know that fear haunted me that if I get an unfill I'll gaine weight back. The doctor wants to see me in 3 months, maybe I can get on track. If I don't eat the crap all night, I'm sure I'd be losing weight. So it's a matter of shutting my mouth at night. It's not like I can't get Water down. So I'll wait a little longer and see if I still gain. If so, then maybe I will have to have the unfil. Thanks

i'm so mad... i got a newer band, which is 14ml, and my doctor has only filled it to about 3ml, and always gives me a hard time about filling it anymore - last time i went to see him, he wouldn't even give me a fill, because i had failed to see him for a few months (i was sick all winter). i started on 1/8/08 at 322.5, and last time i weighed myself, a few days ago, i was 254, and i only lost that weight because i had the flu and dropped like 10lbs because i was not eating at all... before that i had been at a plateau in the 260s. he says i should be losing a lb and week so i'm "just a little behind" -- i think this is nuts - i should be below 200 already!

what's your experience with fills and since you guys were banded when i was, i'd be interested to know your progress so far, since i'm just barely at 70lbs.

My doc was EXTREMELY stingy with fills too and because of that (I think) Ive just now this year started to really lose wt....one visit I finally said how about putting 2cc in this time instead of just 1cc because it is really difficult for me to keep coming back so often due to work and he was like ok if its too much just call me...this is your body your band tell him you want a fill they cant "punish" for not coming to see them their not your freakin parents their your doc and you are PAYING them!!!!! You didnt pay for this surgery to get nothing......change docs if it continues!!! I have the 14cc band btw but I have 7.6 (somewhere along there) in mine. I have GREAT restriction! So dont give up!!

No. You know that fear haunted me that if I get an unfill I'll gaine weight back. The doctor wants to see me in 3 months, maybe I can get on track. If I don't eat the crap all night, I'm sure I'd be losing weight. So it's a matter of shutting my mouth at night. It's not like I can't get Water down. So I'll wait a little longer and see if I still gain. If so, then maybe I will have to have the unfil. Thanks

It sounds like your afraid that you'll go into the pbing and throwing up and getting sick stuff now with your new fill......Youve gotten comfortable with the mushies because theyre the old foods that taste so good.....when you get this much restriction its hard to find that sweet spot...it takes a lot of ity bitty adjustments...........You can do it.

I actually went thru this the opposite way. I got an unfill because I couldnt eat anything (not even cookies) and when I got the unfill it was like wow I can suddenly eat anything and boy did I ever..I ate out for Breakfast lunch and dinner and it didnt take but 2 days and I stepped on that scale and was up 5lbs....that stopped that right there. I immediately went back and had a slight refill.....Sometimes it takes your doc showing you on his paper (at least it did for me) that I had gained wt back. Those habits and cravings are always going to be there...its up to use to control it. You can get yourself out of this. I finally had to stop having all the bad food in my house, Ive found that if its not there I wont eat it even though wal mart is less than a mile from my house my cravings come at night but I wont drive that mile to Walmart :) Now when ppl come over I tell them I dont keep cokes, chips, cakes or Cookies in my house if you want you bring it! Take a day and refocus...start writing down what youre eating and when you see all those empty calories......give yourself a jumpstart!!! Good luck!!!:tongue_smilie:

Do you have a work out buddy or a good support system at home? Is there someone you can say hey be my eating buddy or my work out buddy. I tell my husband to remind me when Im eating something bad...he does I feel bad about it and put it away. Now some days Im like look this is my off day Im gonna eat something that I want...you have to do it every now and then. This is about finding a healthy balance!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kaninag

Thanks so much for your support. Sometimes I just feel like a loser, that I can't even triumph with WLS so it was good to feel your support. Your right the cravings and head hunger will always be there and I've go to deal with this and know that the lapband can do only so much. The rest is up to me or I'll gain all my weight back through mushies. This week I'll eat all the bad stuff up and not buy it anymore.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU WILL DO IT!!!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::party::party::party::hurray::hurray::hurray::):welldoneclap::):)

How about instead of eating the bad food up, you throw it out? Might give you an emotional buoy and jump start your new eating plan!

How about instead of eating the bad food up, you throw it out? Might give you an emotional buoy and jump start your new eating plan!

Im glad you said it, I wanted to say it but you know. This is an awesome idea!!!!!!!