Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

starting a new thread for anyone who has or is considering surgery thru the Brigham/Falkner program.

~Mel

surgery 11/13/07 Dr Vernon

-35lbs

picked up new schedule, havent been able to get to one yet but there is still hope. I

f anyone has any other info can you please share?

SUPPORT GROUP INFO: 2008 Schedule, April-December

TIME: 6:00PM-7:30PM

Brigham: 3rd Tuesdays of the month @ Carrie Hall 2nd Floor (at end of the PIKE)

April 15, May 20, June 17, July 15, Aug 19, Sept 16, Oct 21, Nov 18, Dec 16

Faulkner: 2nd Monday of the month @ suite 4420

April 14, May 12, June 9, July 14, Aug 11, Sept 8, Oct 20 (3rd Mon),Nov 10, Dec 8

~No need to register for the groups pre-ops and significant others welcome to attend

hi tiny! i am so excited to find someone who's had the surgery w/dr. vernon. i am due to see her for my consult in about a month...would love your input and advise on what to expect! appreciate any feedback you have :tongue_smilie:

gingin

Hello gin! you are my first Vernon pal glad to meet you. I think you will like her, she is very casual and skilled surgeon.

Hi

I'm going to Brigham/Faulker for my surgery but with Dr. Mun. I'm actually meeting with him on Friday to schedule my surgery!

Hi - I've kinda been lurking on this site for awhile now. Just beginning the process. I'm going to a Weight Loss Surgery Information Session at the Brigham on Tues 4/22.

Hi everyone. I was banded by Dr. Vernon and I love her!! she is so easy to talk to and will answer all of your quations. I have been going to the faulkner for my after care and I absolutly love all the staff there especially the PA and secretary.

Hi Ariel I too was banded at B/W by Dr Vernon and sometimes go to the Faulkner, like I am this Friday.

Has anyone attended the support meetings, I know they are tonight and tomorrow night. Is is true they are mostly newly post ops? I am 5 months out now.

So glad to found all of you! I was banded in Oct 07 at Faulkner by Dr. Tavakoli - love him and his PA. I have yet to schlep into Boston to an actual support group - anyone been there and can tell me what it's like and if it's worth it?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm down about 30 lbs - and haven't lost for the past 2 mos. due to "head hunger" and having lots of issues thinking I am hungry when I'm not. Also struggling to STILL Figure out what will and wont' go down and when (i.e. time of day)...anyone else with me??

Hi everyone...I had my physical w/my PCP today & to talk about the lap band. I am actually down about 17 lbs from my physical last year so she was happy but when i told her i want to have the lap band done she said...Gina, I think thats a great idea! Phewwww...I need a referral w/my insurance so if i didnt get it past her, things were going to get complicated! Im so happy :huh2:

Tiny...was the pysch eval covered by bsbsma or is that out of pocket...or is it covered in the $500 program fee? Just curious what to expect from that appointment too...what kind of stuff did they ask?

Hi everybody else!

Gina

Hi gin for me it was only I co-pay (I think)it was considered like a medical appt and not out of pocket. To clarify I have BCBC PPO so I dont know if that makes a difference.

Had to fill out a questionnaire then meet with the psychologist. They basically wanted to make sure you are in sound mind to make the decision for surgery and that this is only a tool. I think I waited longer in the waiting room than the time I spend in the appt...maybe tops 15-20mins. The program fee is separate and you can space out payments if you like, I paid 1/2 at a time

mls19-I heard the staff call him Dr T, he is sorta handsome no?

I guess NO ONE has made it to a support meeting. lol

I have never gone to a support meeting. I was always curious but I don't want to go to longwood and pay big bucks for parking and have it be a wasted night. I don't know if they have it at the falukner, that would be good if they do.

Ariel,

that's exactly how I feel! I bet they would put one at the faulkner (although you still have to pay for parking) if enough of us asked...I'd love to do one informally - I'm in metro west - anyone else around me??

Tiny, yes the patients call him Dr. T because it seems no one can say his name, LOL! Of course he's already shortened it for those of us having trouble - it's really Tavakoliazadeh! I have no idea what his background is but he speaks with a charming british accent (or perhaps it's Australian come to think of it) and is very cute! He's finally engaged and due to be married this summer....M

its not just the patients, the reason why I know this is bc I heard a staff member giggling when a newbie intern was struggling with the pronunciation and said "we just call him Dr T" :crying:

still will be a pain for me to get to the other hospital but I think I could leave work early once. Anyone want to try for the next meeting in May???

See below for the dates of meetings at the Faulkner:

Support meetings at Faulkner:

6 pm-2nd Monday of the month @ suite 4420

April 14, May 12, June 9, July 14, Aug 11, Sept 8, Oct 20 (3rd Mon),Nov 10, Dec 8

Oh thats great that they have support meetings at the faulkner. I will try to go to the may 12th one. i would love to see some other banded people. I am at the point now that all the weight that will come off with out me trying has, so now I'm actually going to work hard for this. I am soo gonna need support for this.