Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thread is going to be sooo inappropriate!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I don't know why these threads make me giggle like a 6 year old calling someone poopyhead but damn, I can't resist!

Just a Drop discount info

There is a little history here. DS is a WLS type, it is kinda like extreme malabsorption and it makes your poop and farts so bad people could faint. I mean it's HORRIBLE! This is something DSers battle all the time. It's so bad if they fart the stench clings to their clothing. Others complain openly in public restrooms. I'm telling you, it's extreme. They are forever having to keep Fabreeze and specialized products with them 24/7. One bariatric surgeon was telling another person about a patient where he was removing her gallbladder. She farted while under anesthesia and they were gagging in the OR and since it was the middle of surgery, he couldn't leave the room. The gallbladder patient had DS.

He went on to say that if a DSer farted in an elevator, when the doors opened people wouldn't be rushing out of the elevator, they'd be dead.

There are WLS type wars on OH all the time. Bandsters tease DSers for stinking and they tease us for barfing. They are forever insisting they don't stink yet they keep companies like this in productive business! HA

This thread just cracked me up, I've been laughing since I read it. I just can't imagine my husband wanting me to buy EXTREME odor eaters for the bathroom and clothing. I can't fathom this conversation in my home!

It's not funny that DS patients stink so bad, it's not. But if you saw the horrific things they say about us, referring to our bands as laugh-bands, choke chains, if you saw how they degrade and insult banded people for being banded, maybe you would understand my childish laughter going on right now.

If DS patients eat carbs that is when it is apparently the worst. One piece of cake and they get instant gas and clear a building. Yeah, I'll take my choke chain any 'ol day over farts that are lethal and a stench following me each place I go.

Can you hear me giggling from way down here? :sneaky:

"I actually had one gal in a public restroom what I used that smelled so good"

I can't imagine EVER asking someone in a public toilet what they were using that smelled so good.

Can you hear me giggling from way down here? :sneaky:

"I actually had one gal in a public restroom what I used that smelled so good"

I can't imagine EVER asking someone in a public toilet what they were using that smelled so good.

This one is my favorite:

Hmm I better go sniff it and see how to describe it... well it is stronger direct smell from the bottle ...but when you do a drop in the comode it is more like a spring day outside if that makes any sense.

I just can't imagine coming to you guys, my peers, and complaining about my toilet odor. How embarrassing.

Dude, I can't imagine a lot of things... I think that qualifies as one of them! LMAO

I am laughing so hard... and I feel so childish and I just can't help it! Each time I even think about that thread I bust out laughing!

It wouldn't be funny if they were not so vile, revolting, rude, and beyond horrible about banded folks. They seriously go to extremes to insult ALL banded people.

Then the truth comes out...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm still laughing!

I am laughing so hard... and I feel so childish and I just can't help it! Each time I even think about that thread I bust out laughing!

It wouldn't be funny if they were not so vile, revolting, rude, and beyond horrible about banded folks. They seriously go to extremes to insult ALL banded people.

Then the truth comes out...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm still laughing!

I think (This is only what I think... My Dr Phill degree is yet to arrive in the mail) That people simply attack what they don't understand. It's easier to assume than to research. And when one finds things that they don't like? Ignore them. Phhft. Facts? How accurate are they anyway? :sneaky:

I have to say, I broke out in a childish giggle when I read that quote. Who the hell sniffs the air in a TOILET and asks "What smells SO good?"

I think (This is only what I think... My Dr Phill degree is yet to arrive in the mail) That people simply attack what they don't understand. It's easier to assume than to research. And when one finds things that they don't like? Ignore them. Phhft. Facts? How accurate are they anyway? :sneaky:

I have to say, I broke out in a childish giggle when I read that quote. Who the hell sniffs the air in a TOILET and asks "What smells SO good?"

Some of the worst offenders (speaking personality here, not aroma) are revision patients. They had a band and lost it for whatever reason and they revised to DS. They egg on the others.

I think most of them are people that honestly couldn't give up their food. With DS you can eat anything and lose weight for awhile. If you aren't losing weight docs will actually tell them to increase big macs in their diet. It's for the fat content. They HAVE to eat fried foods at least twice weekly for some nutrient. They boast of having to eat fried chicken, steak, etc. but what they don't tell you is the aroma they create when they do.

The refer to DS as a "cure" for obesity but after their honeymoon stage (like RNY) they start gaining again so they have to limit carbs, ALL carbs including veggie carbs. They have to take massive doses of supplements daily.

But the worst part is these poor people that didn't do their research and they had no idea they would stink for the rest of their days. It causes marriage problems, employment problems, the works. Then they are out there desperately trying to find a cure for the stench.

It's sad, but you know what? It's stupid to have elective surgery of any kind without having a clue what you are getting yourself into. Emergency surgery is one thing, elective surgery is quite another. There is no excuse not to do the legwork and research. If you don't know you'll stink with DS until after you have surgery and the odor hits, you get what you get.

Do they remove their dignity as well as half their innards?

According to them, no. They claim DS is a cure for obesity and they would rather eat like a heifer and smell bad than to deny themselves food.

Amazing, eh?

They were laughing at me and making a huge issue out of the fact that I eat healthy foods, cut out white carbs, bump up veggies, etc. They were telling me if I would have had DS I could eat anything I wanted. They could not comprehend that I *want* a better diet, a lifestyle change. Their thinking is that there is no reason for a healthy diet when you can get DS and eat what you want.

They have actually written to me in posts that they can eat anything they want and their body turns bad food into healthy food.

These folks are wayyyy out there.

Do they remove their dignity as well as half their innards?

I snorted when I read that. Honest.

Some of the worst offenders (speaking personality here, not aroma) are revision patients. They had a band and lost it for whatever reason and they revised to DS. They egg on the others.

I think most of them are people that honestly couldn't give up their food. With DS you can eat anything and lose weight for awhile. If you aren't losing weight docs will actually tell them to increase big macs in their diet. It's for the fat content. They HAVE to eat fried foods at least twice weekly for some nutrient. They boast of having to eat fried chicken, steak, etc. but what they don't tell you is the aroma they create when they do.

The refer to DS as a "cure" for obesity but after their honeymoon stage (like RNY) they start gaining again so they have to limit carbs, ALL carbs including veggie carbs. They have to take massive doses of supplements daily.

But the worst part is these poor people that didn't do their research and they had no idea they would stink for the rest of their days. It causes marriage problems, employment problems, the works. Then they are out there desperately trying to find a cure for the stench.

It's sad, but you know what? It's stupid to have elective surgery of any kind without having a clue what you are getting yourself into. Emergency surgery is one thing, elective surgery is quite another. There is no excuse not to do the legwork and research. If you don't know you'll stink with DS until after you have surgery and the odor hits, you get what you get.

Holy crap! I think I need to hang out at OH more often.

According to them, no. They claim DS is a cure for obesity and they would rather eat like a heifer and smell bad than to deny themselves food.

Amazing, eh?

They were laughing at me and making a huge issue out of the fact that I eat healthy foods, cut out white carbs, bump up veggies, etc. They were telling me if I would have had DS I could eat anything I wanted. They could not comprehend that I *want* a better diet, a lifestyle change. Their thinking is that there is no reason for a healthy diet when you can get DS and eat what you want.

They have actually written to me in posts that they can eat anything they want and their body turns bad food into healthy food.

These folks are wayyyy out there.

I am amazed that people think like that. How could a healthy diet not be desirable? Maybe my thinking is warped. After all, being a healthy weight is not unattractive to me, I exercise daily and I like eating a balanced diet.

I am amazed that people think like that. How could a healthy diet not be desirable? Maybe my thinking is warped. After all, being a healthy weight is not unattractive to me, I exercise daily and I like eating a balanced diet.

Yeah, post that here and see what happens:

Forum Login

The above link will only work if you have an OH account. It's their R&R forum and you have to be an OH member to access the R&R forum due to "adult content".

I'm midwesterngirl over there. ;o)

Yeah, post that here and see what happens:

Forum Login

The above link will only work if you have an OH account. It's their R&R forum and you have to be an OH member to access the R&R forum due to "adult content".

I'm midwesterngirl over there. ;o)

Bugger that, I have enough haters here! But feel free to use my word if you so desire.

From what I have read so far, that thread is interesting reading.

you hungry pathetic thing!
:lol:

Who's hungry? Although I could go for a couple of carrot sticks dipped in some hummus right now :sneaky:

:lol:

Who's hungry? Although I could go for a couple of carrot sticks dipped in some hummus right now :sneaky:

Heh... I recognize that quote! You are reading over there, eh? ;o)

Why oh why didn't I get DS!