Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All you people do is complain...

In the new movie "Horton Hears a Who" there is a line by the little fluffy yellow friend of Horton's, saying in his world they "eat butterflies and poop rainbows"---or it might even be the other way around eat rainbows, and poop butterflied, I don't remember, but my 3 year old granddaughter does, and repeats it often!!!!

I have posted a wide variety of both positive, as well as grumpy, and not so positive posts through the years. I have actually started very few threads, mostly post on others---stating my experiences as I know them to be, and often relating things I have seen or heard from others.

I try to be positive the majority of the time, even when responding to people with problems---or fears. In fact I responded in just that way I think to the OP's other post that LJM brought up. I am not trying to sugar coat the lows----just reminding them, that the majority of us here, have been through what they are going through, the fear of surgery, or Bandster Hell or whatever, and survived!

I understand how the big number of complaints and complications could be intimidating, but like Marimaru said, those not experiencing problems aren't here saying that. I didn't start a thread today saying "Another problem free day for me!" Good grief, if we all did that-----it would show the balance, but too many of the successful bandsters are out living their lives, and not posting at all!!

You state that if the complainers spent their time trying to fix the problems you mentioned as opposed to whining here, it would all be ok.....but exactly how is someone whos port has flipped, or cannot be located without multiple pokes supposed to fix that themselves??

When I got my first fill, I quit counting after 12 pokes. I believe it was in the neighborhood of 17 when he finally got it. I carry most of my weight in my belly---he was not the operating surgeon, and I have a low profile port, securely and deeply implanted. I tried to fix the problem! I made a map!!! I placed a paper on my belly, traced where my scars are---and X'd the spot he finally found my port. Now keep in mind no less than 7 or 8 of those pokes were in an area the size of a dime. I thought I had the problem whipped....not so! When I went back for my second fill, I had lost weight----and my map was useless!!! I got my fill, in less sticks, but it was still a 5-6 poke day. And unless you have seen the fill needle---it is not to be taken lightly!

Yes if you are eating tons of food, or not chewing you can fix those things---but not all things! And having someone who has been there, comfort your fears, or share in yours---helps!

There are other lap band support groups out there, and I hope you find one that better fits your needs.

Kat

I hate to sound rude, but if you don't like the site, you don't have to visit.

People come here for reassurance that things they are experiencing are normal. This is surgery, there is bound to be some pain, complications, problems we didn't know might occur after surgery.

I don't think anyone is here to "scare" people. We answer questions, ask questions and give and get answers. I don't think anyone here is making anything up.

It's a public forum and you are entitiled to post your opinion and have no right to tell others that they can't post their opinion.

I was going to say the same thing. I am on a lot of forums (mostly Yorkie related) and there is a lot of bitching going on. That is only natural and the way a lot of us express ourselves. Plus, when we bitch we want support...that's what we are here for! Also, take your own advice-if you don't want to hear complaining, don't finish reading the posts.

PS. If I want to be fat and annoying or skinny and annoying, that's my prerogative. Life is not so wonderful for everyone you know. Congrats if yours is!

Edited to say: This person is obviously a troll. They are logged on (but not posting) probably laughing at their "doing." There are trolls on all boards. (sigh)

Edited by BabyNicole

:sneaky:

That is because you didn't have the fairy, duh....:lol:

there's a bitch fairy?

sing with me.....

fairy's are bitches, ya gotta believe me... (apologies to Ozzy)

Looks like she did QUITE a bit more editing...note the "complaints" she didn't want to hear and the bottom of the note where she claims she'll never come here again. (Does anyone else hear soap opera theme music?) :tt2:

Good riddance, I mean, See ya later :lol:

"They can't find my port and stuck me 100 times (because I went to Mexico),"

"I'm gaining so much weight (even though I ate 4 chocolate bars),"

"I throw up all the time (because I ate a whole chicken)."

You might say "if you don't like it, don't read it"... well, first of all: If you don't like what I say, don't read it! Secondly, everyone bitching and moaning that they're fat gets sooooo old.

And... I know I'm complaining about those who are complaining, but I just wanted to let you know... before you post your next thread... stop and read it. If it's bitchin'... don't post it.:sneaky:

By the way, this is my last post in this webstie ever. The complainers here (and you know who you are), are freaking stalking me and attacking me for having an opinion. It's not my fault all you do is complain and try to scare people.

You're fat. Stop whining. It's annoying. Don't be fat AND annoying.

I realize that everyone has a story as to why they're fat, but PLEASE! I was so excited about my surgery until all you people scared me!

"They can't find my port and stuck me 100 times (because I went to Mexico),"

"I'm gaining so much weight (even though I ate 4 chocolate bars),"

"I throw up all the time (because I ate a whole chicken)."

Do you realize that if you took all the time you have complaining and actually did something about your problems, they would probably be gone?

One in every hundred people actually posts something productive... the rest are wastes of time and are just here to scare people.

You might say "if you don't like it, don't read it"... well, first of all: If you don't like what I say, don't read it! Secondly, everyone bitching and moaning that they're fat gets sooooo old.

And... I know I'm complaining about those who are complaining, but I just wanted to let you know... before you post your next thread... stop and read it. If it's bitchin'... don't post it.:sneaky:

HOWEVER... I do believe that many people here are here for a good reason -- to EDUCATE THEMSELVES! I love education and I am ALL FOR IT! For those here to educate and ask GENUWINE questions, I applaud you for your bravery!!!! Keep up the public education that is PRODUCTIVE!

By the way, this is my last post in this webstie ever. The complainers here (and you know who you are), are freaking stalking me and attacking me for having an opinion. It's not my fault all you do is complain and try to scare people.

You're fat. Stop whining. It's annoying. Don't be fat AND annoying.

My my my.... aren't you peppy and happy!

You have a spiffy day too, k?

I love people who post just to post. Oh wait a minute, wrong thread again.

Where is my prince charming?

I also think that recovering from obesity is an emotional/mental process as well as a physical one and the biggest part of the transformation for many people is from victim/complainer/excuse maker into an empowered person who takes responsibility for their own health.

If they have to do a bit of whinging to get there, well that's a healthy process. I do sometimes thrown my hands in the air in exasperation with people too but its part of the journey - mostly with the I dont have time to exercise/I dont have time to cook/I cant do this because .....

And most of it is good information for a would be bandster because its about things that really might happen to you.

Wonderful words of wisdom, Jacqui.

You look damn good in that bikini, by the way. Congratulations.

I told myself I wouldn't post... but I personally love the bitching. Is that so wrong?

I get excited to come to the site and hear about people eating too many candy bars and getting stuck 100 times. If the website was all rainbows as someone put it, I would think to myself "crap, I'm am so alone on this one". The bitchey posts makes me realize, okay... I'm not the only one who wants to eat four candy bars!!

Does that mean I'm still ok to post here cos now I'm only annoying and not fat after my visit from the lapband fairy???

oh dear, she's *sob* never coming back to this 'webstie'? darn, like wheetsin said, trolls are fun!

shesmiles - post away :sneaky: we LOVE having people here at or close to goal.. even size zeros who look AMAZING!

Does that mean I'm still ok to post here cos now I'm only annoying and not fat after my visit from the lapband fairy???

Snort.

(and apparently "snort" was too short to post on it's own)

I gotta say...this has been the funniest thread i think i've ever read!

I'm almost sad to see her go :lol: ...almost BUT I'm sure she'll go change her screen name and come back and behave herself :tt2:

Anyway...if you're still reading, love777pink...today's the big day and all joking/sarcasm aside...hope your surgery goes well and that you do come back to the board with any questions you have. We really VERY supportive here...we just have a keen sense of sarcasm :sneaky:

I love people who post just to post. Oh wait a minute, wrong thread again.

Where is my prince charming?

He's farting rainbows in the fluffy threads.

:sneaky: