Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I cannot wait to get serious about reconstructive surgery. I will probably be ready next summer. I know I have so much skin on my abdomen that I have a horrible time with my pants fitting right. I will probably use Dr. Beckenstein at St. Vincent's Birmingham. Since I worked in surgery for the last 6 years, I got to know a lot of the surgeons there, and he is by far my favorite. He has done several of my friend's adminoplasty's and they look great.

Well I went in for my 1 year check-up yesterday and let me tell you - don't waste your time! It is completely unnecessary. First I got there and didn't have me on the schedule (where they had rescheduled it) and then Dr. Miles came in and asked why I was there and I had explained to him that the girl on the phone told me that I needed to come in at one year. I had told her that I was a lap band pt and she said that it was still necessary and they would do some bloodwork. Well the girl was obviously wrong. He told me that they do that for bypass patients, but it is not necessary for band patients since they are in so much more often. Oh well. C'est La Vie!

Hope everyone is well!

I really want my arms done. Im def gonna look around for good docs for that!! Right now that is all I care about cuz Im gonna have kids and the belly needs to wait til after that..lol

I really want my arms done. Im def gonna look around for good docs for that!! Right now that is all I care about cuz Im gonna have kids and the belly needs to wait til after that..lol

hey have you told zach about this kids you are going to have? because he might not know...lol :cursing:

i hope you dont wait to late. i wish i had nataile about 2 years sooner then we did.im going to be 49 when shees turns 18. and i would love to be retired by the time im 53-55.

Geez, what about payment plans didnt you see that he did that?

I don't know if he did or not. The card I use is not a "credit card" but money from a flexible spending account so it isn't something you can use like at an ATM or anything. I also saw 5 other doctors besides him and he wasn't in the top 2. Like I said, he was nice but there were others I liked more. I have seen:

1. Dr. Eich

2. Dr. Beckenstein (a couple of years ago).

3. Dr. Van Hoy

4. Dr. Jack

5. Dr. Steinmetz

6. Dr. Bunch (Tuscaloosa)

7. Dr. Hedden

I'll be glad to share my opinions via PM if you are interested.

Dr. Beckenstein would have been my pick way back when but we had an issue with him last year with my husband and some skin cancers. I decided then that I wasn't going back to him. :smile:

Tomorrow's the day. Everyone is asking me if I'm excited. I know it's crazy but I'm not exactly excited. I'm thrilled it's here. I'm extremely happy to be doing this for myself but I feel so serious about it. Maybe excited isn't the best word for it....maybe more like I'm becoming focused on my health. I will be glad when the surgery is over with. I'm ready to live my life without the pain and shame. So maybe I AM just a little excited. :smile:

i am so excited for you. i cannot wait until mine is approved. i will say a prayer for you tonight, we hope to hear from you real soon, i know everything will be perfect.

I don't know if he did or not. The card I use is not a "credit card" but money from a flexible spending account so it isn't something you can use like at an ATM or anything. I also saw 5 other doctors besides him and he wasn't in the top 2. Like I said, he was nice but there were others I liked more. I have seen:

1. Dr. Eich

2. Dr. Beckenstein (a couple of years ago).

3. Dr. Van Hoy

4. Dr. Jack

5. Dr. Steinmetz

6. Dr. Bunch (Tuscaloosa)

7. Dr. Hedden

I'll be glad to share my opinions via PM if you are interested.

Dr. Beckenstein would have been my pick way back when but we had an issue with him last year with my husband and some skin cancers. I decided then that I wasn't going back to him. :smile:

yes please let me know. i will not say anything to anyone. im going to lose about 70 more pounds and start lookng myself. but i would love to hear from anyone else to.

Tomorrow's the day. Everyone is asking me if I'm excited. I know it's crazy but I'm not exactly excited. I'm thrilled it's here. I'm extremely happy to be doing this for myself but I feel so serious about it. Maybe excited isn't the best word for it....maybe more like I'm becoming focused on my health. I will be glad when the surgery is over with. I'm ready to live my life without the pain and shame. So maybe I AM just a little excited. :mad2:

well im excited for you! and trust me you are doing the right thing. its great. i don't ever remember feeling as good as i do now. and its been along time since i weight 314. and im hoping by july i will be down under 300. and i know you will do great at this. you will have to work at it. it doesn't come free. just remember its a tool to help you lose and keep it off. but it dosent work unless you let it help you out. so that means you have to work for it. i will be happy to talk at anytime to help you out. so good luck and lets us know how it goes when you can.

and please take your pain meds. dont be a hero!

Southern Missy: thanks for the list I will def do some research...

Jason let me know if you find out anything too about these docs...

As for kids unfortunately they are still going to be at least a couple of years down the road.I gotta graduate and then get settled into another job..but yeah he wants a girl...lol

Debbut---GOOOOOOOOODDDD LUCK!!!!!!!! This is so exciting. We'll talk to ya next time an official bandster...YAYAYYAYAYAY!!!!

good luck today Debbut!

and zach wantsa girl?! dang does he know what that does to a dad. man im scared everytime i think about her growing up. i don't like the idea of knowing what i do and haviong a girl. but shes not going to date our go anywhere with out me until shes in here 30's anyways!

~~~~Sending Positive Vibes Debbut's way~~~~

You guys just wait! My son and stepdaughter are 18 and the time just flies by! My stepdaughter will graduate next week! I have been incredibally lucky! They are such good kids! Now my 8 year old on the other hand - He is gonna be the cause of my demise!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Hey everyone !

I haven't been on in awhile and I missed the meeting this month. How was it? Jason, just got your msg. Thanks for checking on me. I am doing good. I have lost a total of 40lbs so that's good. I have been on my bike and walking and my husband and I are going to start an aerobics class. I also will be starting school on May 26th. I also got some bad news, my Uncle past away yesterday morning. So if you guys will please keep me and my family in your prayers if will be greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone !

I haven't been on in awhile and I missed the meeting this month. How was it? Jason, just got your msg. Thanks for checking on me. I am doing good. I have lost a total of 40lbs so that's good. I have been on my bike and walking and my husband and I are going to start an aerobics class. I also will be starting school on May 26th. I also got some bad news, my Uncle past away yesterday morning. So if you guys will please keep me and my family in your prayers if will be greatly appreciated.

im so sorry to hear about your uncle. i also had on epass way about 2 weeks ago. he had cancer and went very quick.

but i will keep you and your family in my prays.

and congrats on the 40 pounds. and keep up the good work!

shawna, i have had a ok day. just real sleepy. i been on call for the last week and im on call again this month. and i will be on call the whole month of june. then i will be ready for that vacation in july from all this on call work. and plus we got a.d.e.m. is coming next week so we are making sure everything is in order for them. we have just installed a 2,000,000 dollar filter system that they have to ok before we can run it.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I weighed today and my scale is moving again... I am down 58 pounds now... woohoo.

I need to catch up on the board but have no time with all the ballgames and work being insane. Anyone know of any clerical good jobs? I soooooo need another.

any word on Debbut? Just wondering how everything went?

I am so ready for the weekend. My stepdaughter's bachalorette (sp) is on Sunday and then my Birthday is on Monday! My mom is giving me $$$ to get some new clothes!! WooHOO! I have no summer clothes!

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day Weekend!

=)

Shawna