Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dating for my 20's banders

OK, here is my deal. I have recently started dating since losing weight. Before I lost the weight I had not dated in years!!! Now I am dating and the men I date are hot! They work out 4-6 hours a day, they have amazing bodies. I am so insecure about my body anyway but when you add them into the mix it is too much. This has happen 3 times now with my last boyfriends. I don't seek them out, they find me. Anybody else have this low self esteem problem??? Its not that I don't feel good about myself, I just dont think I can have a relationship with someone this good looking!! Am I crazy or do others go through it too!

I've dated those super hot guys too, in fact I married to one, he's 6'3" and muscular plus he's a singer in a local rock band OMG talk about the pressure. These kinds of guys are worried about how they look b/c they have self image issues too. If they are coming to you then you have a quaility they like. You choose to loose weight to be healthy, these are the ones that can respect that. They will value you for you strength, dedication and honesty. Don't let yourself miss out on something good b/c you think you're not hot enough for them. If you are still having negitive feelings of self worth then go to a behavioral theropist to work it out. You'll thank yourself for investing in you emotional health just as much as your physical health.

I dated hot boys while overweight, not sure why they liked me, but whatever! lol. Just relax and get to know them for them. You wouldn't want someone to only want to date you when you were thin and not like you for who you were when you were "less thin", right? So just get to know them give them a chance, and you will find that the self esteem issues will melt away!

btw, nathenag - where in Va are you?

I am about 30 miles south of Fredericksburg/30 miles north of Richmond along the I-95 corridor

**Most guys I talk to are in shape, they're Marines since that's who I work for, tell me they don't like those model skinny girls, they'd rather have a girl whose curvy or thick and isn't afraid to eat a real meal with them on a date. So don't worry why just enjoy the ride.

Tappahanock area?! lol, I am trying like heck to figure it out, I am 18 miles east of Fredericksburg!!!! Nice to meet you! haha. Did you know that there is a meet and greet group in Fredericksburg? I haven't talked to the lady yet, but i am planning on sending her a message today.

Ladysmith in Caroline County just south of Spotsylvania.

I didn't know there was a group in F'burg but I'd love to get togeather with "our kind" hehehe.

to get back on the subject...ya I know how u feel. I dated a soccer player that was so well built you could bounce a penny off his butt!! And even though Im not comfortable with what I look like, I didnt force him to date me, so mustve been something there he liked! maybe my personality :cursing: whatever the reason, enjoy it..I did