Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those of you who PB/reflux a LOT....

I got my last fill Dec. 9. I was pretty tight, but everything seemed okay. Then in the second week of January I started having a HARD time finding a time of day when the food would go down and not get stuck (My band is always tight in the mornings and looser at night). I rode with it for two weeks and babied myself and it subsided in February. Then about three weeks ago it started again, not too bad, but I was PB-ing about once a day or so. Then it got worse....and worse....and worse.... until two days ago I realized I couldn't go ANY meal without a PB....and then several times. I was waking up at night with reflux and waking myself up puking and choking. I was to go have lunch with a girlfriend yesterday and I realized I was worried about being able to eat ANYTHING when I went. I canceled the lunch and went back to the doctor for an unfill. When he flouroscoped me, my pouch was "spastic" and swollen. He said the ONLY way to relieve it is with an unfill and "rest". He removed 1.3 ccs (I had 3.3) putting me down to 2. He said the swelling and problems would go away immediately, but I needed to wait two weeks before coming back in and they would slowly fill me back up over two or three times, back to maybe 2.8 or 3. My message here is that he said IT WON'T GO AWAY BY ITSELF. ONCE THIS STARTS AND THE IRRITATION IS THERE IT STARTS A CIRCULAR CYCLE THAT WON'T QUIT...IRRITATION, SWELLING, PBs, STUCK FOOD, CHOKING AT NIGHT, REFLUX. So as someone who has "learned her lesson" (I was trying to ride it out thinking if I lost more weight it would subside as the band loosened)...don't live like this. Get your unfill (there was IMMEDIATE relief), follow the doc's orders, and then work your way back up once the irritation has subsided.

Best, smartest advice I've heard in a while! Glad you got relief and glad you shared the info.

Too many people stay too tight, too long.

I had the same thing. Not under fluro though. I just had some taken out yesterday and I started on Prilosec to calm everything down. I will also be back in 2 weeks.

The reief was immediate. I can drink again without praying it will go down!

Great advice, I went through the same thing but let it go for far too long. It is definitely not worth it.

I just got a fill a few weeks ago and everything was fine but lately I find that my throat burns sometimes. Is it what I'm eating. I'm doing the same thing. I drank some coffee in the morning and it went down but slow and then an hour later it burned in my esophogus and throat I think I'm just irritated or something. Anyone have that burning sensation in their throat. Mabye I just need an unfill but its not always like that.

Just frustrated.

I just got a fill a few weeks ago and everything was fine but lately I find that my throat burns sometimes. Is it what I'm eating. I'm doing the same thing. I drank some coffee in the morning and it went down but slow and then an hour later it burned in my esophogus and throat I think I'm just irritated or something. Anyone have that burning sensation in their throat. Mabye I just need an unfill but its not always like that.

Just frustrated.

If coffee didn't do that before the last fill, then I would say it's the latest fill. Many people that have been too tight, say it's "not all the time" but as long as it's almost everyday, I would think that is too much and consider a SLIGHT unfill.

Thanks for the advice. I could eat just fine the last few days but now I am PB brown gross watery stuff, don't know what it is but I will get some taken out. I am so sore and swollen I guess.

this is GREAT advice!!!! Thanks for sharing your story kacee...it will probably save someone else the same pain.

kacee...thanks to you...I am pb/reflux/pain free! I finally called the doc, got in today, was unfilled, feel 100% better!!! Your advice probably saved me from a slip or perhaps worse! Thanks again :smile: