Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery

Maybe a tt if I get rashes and medicare pays.....Otherwise no, I don't think so. No guy in my life and I don't want one so why bother? My bikini days are over.

Yes, I am and will have an appt as soon as I can get one. My apron is small but it still makes my clothes fit poorly. I will probably wear a size 10 pants when I get it done. Right now I am in a 12 -14 and want to wear smaller so that the legs are fitted better.

I also want to wear dresses that hang properly. No more out of the pants blouses and shirts for me once I get it done. No more elastic waistlines. I want to be contoured for once in my life.

Yeah, I want it all!:tt2:

hi...Love your attitude! and hope for your success... that is my aim and I am 60 too... my date will be july and I want surgery too, when I am done. I wnt to look great in a dress again... Kathy

I was banded Feb. 2006. I have just had my Tummy Tuck (June 26th, 2008). I am pleased as punch to inform all that Medicare and Tricare paid for my surgeries...All of it Lapband and Tummy tuck. I was unsure that it would be but just received all the paid receipts this month including tummy tuck. I had underbelly rashes to let you know that it helped the cause of having it paid for in the final billing. I did not have to resubmit anything. It was all paid right away without any questions. I know many people wonder whether it will be covered but in my case it has been and I am thrilled with my results. I also had gall bladder scarring that increased the risk of tummy tuck complications. No problem with the healing after all. My results are not symetrical but my stomach wasn't symetrical to begin with. I am 61 YO so I did not request or receive a new or replaced belly button as I felt it was an unnecessary wound to heal. If anyone has any questions...let me know! I now weigh 121 lbs and I am so happy with my new look!

Edited by Sandybells
date correction

I was banded Feb. 2006. I have just had my Tummy Tuck (June 26th, 2008). I am pleased as punch to inform all that Medicare and Tricare paid for my surgeries...All of it Lapband and Tummy tuck. I was unsure that it would be but just received all the paid receipts this month including tummy tuck. I had underbelly rashes to let you know that it helped the cause of having it paid for in the final billing. I did not have to resubmit anything. It was all paid right away without any questions. I know many people wonder whether it will be covered but in my case it has been and I am thrilled with my results. I also had gall bladder scarring that increased the risk of tummy tuck complications. No problem with the healing after all. My results are not symetrical but my stomach wasn't symetrical to begin with. I am 61 YO so I did not request or receive a new or replaced belly button as I felt it was an unnecessary wound to heal. If anyone has any questions...let me know! I now weigh 121 lbs and I am so happy with my new look!

I am so excited to hear this from you! I had wondered, but "dare to dream" -- the possibility of skin issues that can be health threatening made me think Medicare might cover ps in this case. Not even banded yet, but I am making plans. It's not easy to save for special purposes when retired, but I'll do what I have to do... If medicare will help with this, it will be greatly appreciated. :biggrin2:

BTW - congratulations on your weight loss! I, too, am 5'2", current weight is 242, and my true goal is 125. This goal seems impossible to me now, but seeing your success makes me feel as if it might actually be attainable. I asked the psychologist if that goal was reasonable given a timeframe of 2-3 years. He said - "of course it is." Right answer! You are living proof. Thanks so much for your post. You have made my day!

Edited by JoannMarie

Hi from the UK.

I am newly banded, and am already wondering about a TT later on. But I am a bit of a coward and scared of the pain. Can someone say exactly how sore you were? I realise that everyone is different. Even at my current weight of 276lbs (this may not be accurate as we use stones and pounds over here) I have a big overhang. Any advice would be good. Thank you.

For those who may be worried about the pain of a Tummy Tuck. I had no muscle repair but skin (apron only removed). As for me, the pain was so unbeleivably minimal that now after a couple months I can honestly say I don't remember the pain. I have heard of those WITH muscle repair who had a great deal of pain so just remember...I had

NO muscle involvement. Do wear the compression garment as it does help in support of the new you and pain will be minimized. (I still wear it on occasion just for kicks as it reminds me of where I came 'from'.) I bought some of the waist cincher type midsection girdles without the panty bottom. I bought a couple before surgery and bought with old measurments in mind. Well, I took several inches out of them with my sewing machine to fit my new after measurements. Since I am 61 years old.. my waist is not as small as I would like but still it is so far from my former 48". My measurements are 38 32 37. Sounds not so good but I still feel pretty awesome for my age. I weigh 121 lbs and at... 5 ft. 1 in. I feel pretty darn good. Hope this encourages someone out there!

Thank you Sandy, that answer is really comforting. It has made me think that I'll certainly go for it, if appropriate for me when I need it.

your measurements sound just great. Would you believe I never measured myself before surgery - wish I had, then I could tell the difference. I know the hospital measured my waist, so I must remember to ask them what it was. You're an inspiration!

Hi Joann, just was reading and if you have medicare as primary then you shouldn't have any problem with it being paid for as i understand. I am 67yo, 5'1 and 224 lbs. I have not been banded yet but am hoping to be soon, although I thought i had been waiting along time, well to me it is. Reading I have found out some have been waiting a year. I think the self pays goes much quicker because the doctors don't have to summit and wait for all the paper work to be processed with insurance co. I went to my first appt. in May and did all the classes and met with my doctor this month but no date....good luck to you and i will watch for everyone's progress.....Ma

MaRosie and others...For those on Medicare...(it is not really something doctors really want to accept....since the payment rate is so low). In my experience, you should just SIGN THE PAPER TELLING them you will pay for the surgery yourself if Medicare doesn't pay. In the end, Medicare will pay but not preapprove so you are going to wait a very long time (if ever)to get the surgery. The surgeons like to wait YOU out and hope you GIVE up...

Don't fall for it...

I have not had to pay for anything....

I felt it was a risk to say I would pay but remember that even if you do have to pay in the end....as long as you pay a tiny amount per month it is worth the weight in gold to get it done as quickly as you can. I am so happy to be done with it all. Always remember that getting the surgery is the most important part and the rest is up to you. The band is just part of the solution. It is work to lose weight and commitment is very important. I was at a plateau for about a year. 160 pounds and it just wouldn't budge. Then I got another fill and suddenly it started again. Keep your eye on the prize! It is so worth it and so are you!

I have been shopping and twice in the last month and I have been told by ladies who didn't even know me that I looked nice. I had never worn jeans with a belt and attractive blouse tucked in. Well, I have the butt to show off now and it makes all the difference. I was always in elastic waist pants with a shirt covering my belly overhang. Just trust me when I say you will get there. It may take two or three years but it is so much within your reach. Please get the surgery and let me know when it happens. I am here waiting to Celebrate with you!

-I have to say that both Tummy Tuck and the band itself are not preapproved so just agree to pay and then make sure when you go for the plastic surgery consult that you have a rash or take pictures of yourself with the rash and send it or take it in with you to the surgeon. These are all important to getting it all paid for by any insurance. Just remember that when you go in for the consult for either...you wouldn't go in with no weight problem and expect to be approved so don't go in with no rash either.

PM me if you have questions as I don't come to lapbandtalk.com so much anymore but I want to help others so PM me to get my attention.

I will try to get pictures taken by my husband so you all can see. I just hope to get them posted here as I am not so good with that.

Sincerely,

Sandybells

Edited by Sandybells
More information.