Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any April 3rds?

Yes! I can not wait. So far pre-op diet going well! How about you? What a major life style change this will be. Hopefully next year at this time we will be ready to wear shorts instead of dreading it!! Good Luck.

Gina:wink_smile:

Hi Gina! So glad I have a band buddy! I went for all of my final stuff yesterday and now just have one more class with my nutritionist before surgery and then it's just around the corner! I woke up with a major stomach ache this morning, thinking it was from the Isopure that i forced myself to drink to get enough Protein in for yesterday. I have got to find a more palatable way.

What are you doing for your pre-op diet?

Hi Gina! So glad I have a band buddy! I went for all of my final stuff yesterday and now just have one more class with my nutritionist before surgery and then it's just around the corner! I woke up with a major stomach ache this morning, thinking it was from the Isopure that i forced myself to drink to get enough Protein in for yesterday. I have got to find a more palatable way.

What are you doing for your pre-op diet?

I am doing to SlimFast Optima for 2 meals and then a Weight Watcher Smart One or Lean Cuisine type of meal for my 3rd meal. It isn't too bad. I am very busy during the day at work so in the evening I make sure that I eat slowly and chew alot (practicing!). I can have a vegetable with my meal as well so green Beans are good with a little seasoning on them. The only canned SlimFast I like is the creamy milk chocolate but I have some vanilla powder that I bought to try and blend berries in with for a change.

It is just around the corner and we will be banded! Where are you having your surgery? I am going to Mexico because I am self pay.

Gina

Ugh yours is way better than mine! haha. I am allowed 3-4 Protein shakes a day, and Clear liquids, sf popsicles, and sf Jello. It's been going ok, I got a really bad headache yesterday because my dr's office told me a different time and it ended up getting pushed back an hour and a half, so i ran to costco and OMG liquid diet in costco on a holiday weekend!!!! they had samples of EVERYTHING on every endcap. It was rediculous. But I just got the things i was there for and left. I was so proud of myself! lol. It ended up being about 5 hours between shakes and i am insulin resistant so it wasn't a fun experiance. Now I know to bring a cooler lunch box thing and keep a shake with me. Other than that i am just doing everything I can to keep on the liquids. Isopure is NOT my friend, gave me a major stomach ache. Going to try a champion shake again today as it has a good amount of Protein.

My surgery is here in VA. Good luck in Mexico!

Oh my! YUK -- I can't imagine drinking 3-4 shakes a day? How many calories are in a shake? I would think that if you stayed under 1000 calories for instance then you would be O.K. I can remember reading a thread on this board about which Protein Drinks are the most tastey and Isopure got a big thumbs down :thumbdown:. I ordered some sample paks of Unjury and it hasn't been too bad. It got good reviews. You can order from Unjury.com. They were a very friendly company and even sent a handwritten note thanking me for my order! Talk to you soon!

I am drinking slim fast right now, and just ordered some samples of Unjury. I am trying to find a good unflavored powder that i can add in to my Water and things. I have to get about 70-75 grams of Protein because i am short, and 800-1000 calories. It have a hard time getting the calories and protein in, i am not hungry enough. The slim fast shakes only have 10 grams of protein, so I am looking for an unflavored or a good choc powder to add into it that won't alter the flavor too much because i actually LIKE the slim fast choc royale shakes. Tomorrow though we are doing hawaiian easter at my friend's and they are doing kalua pig...i might have to steal a few bites (of just meats so still protein calories) and not have a shake. They are moving to Japan so it's the last one we will have in at least 5 years and that's if they move back here instead of moving to Hawaii from there instead. But i figure as long as I am still drinking my water, and staying only with healthy calories and protein I should be good...and that will be the only time i allow myself to cheat. lol..yeah justifying!

I will tell you that the "unflavored" is still has that taste like "milk replacer" or something! I know that some say that they add it to their broth???? I have not tried it. I am sure you will do fine eating Protein if you eat a little meat. That sounds like alot of fun. Happy Easter!

Gina

Susanbee,

Hello! Isn't this an exciting time? I can not wait for band day! 12 days and counting! I am glad that you posted here as I am keeping a spread sheet and I transferred you from the "surgery list" to April 7th. I have changed you to April 3rd! There are quite a few of us on this date. The link is below if you want to update it with your weights. Keep in touch.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=peCCLrLaqJpfIS9ycNCaJXg&hl=en

Gina

hey girls! YEAH! more people to share our day with! lol

I think I did pretty well, I "cheated" on my liquid 2 week diet today, but i kept it to 4 oz of mixed Protein, I had some kalua pig, grilled chicken and greens. But no carb foods or anything and no drinks! i was proud of myself!

Came home had a Protein shake since i just had the one this morning and all counted up hadn't had enough Protein for the day. I also weighed myself and only went up .2 pounds since i left...I am a slave to the scale...it's not good and i know it! we shall see tomorrow what my weight is.

I'm being banded on April 3rd, too! I'm in Richmond, VA and will be banded at St. Mary's by Dr Greg Schroder of Richmond Surgical Group. I started my pre-op diet on the same day I came down with a horrible allergy/sinus infection. Doing better, but now I can taste the Protein shakes...YUK! I'm going to order the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate and unflavored, but in the meantime, I've got to try something else! If anyone else is in this area, where are you finding different stuff to try other than Slimfast and Atkins?

Thanks!!

Hey! I am right near Fredericksburg! whoo hoo someone somewhat close by! lol

If you check out Vitamin World or Vitamin Shoppe, they are cheaper than GNC and they have a fridge section of different Protein shakes that you can buy one of to try them. I am going to check out muscle milk as i have been told it's pretty good. Just make sure to stay on whey Proteins. Soy Proteins you have to take in a lot more of to get the required amounts. And stay away from those Protein "shots" they say they are 23 and 46 grams of protein, but they are incomplete protein, so in order to get the protein out of them you have to take in a complete protein as well.

I have to get ready to meet with my nut, so i will write more later!

BTW my name is Kris!

I'm not sure what I was thinking but I know I posted on the sheet that I was april 7 and on the board that I was april 3.....but i just think that i'm so excited that i got ahead of myself i'm really april 4...my birthday is on the 6th so i guess i'm thinking around the day.....