Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So how are the March Banders doing since surgery???

I was banded on the 19th March. I drove the 450km home the next day and that probably wasnt a good idea as I was sick all the way. Apart from that I have had a little wind pain and my soulders ache but Im feeling great. I think I will let my DH think I need lots of help for a few more days though!!!:cheers2:

hi all

its 9 days sinse my lap band was fitted yesterday i felt sick all day

felt really blue as well, still on liquids but thats fine

wondered if any one else had blue days ?

and also does any one else feel really sleepy ?

id love to hear from people

oh ps how do u adjust weight tracker with out having getting two on there ?????

Hi. I was banded on St. Patrick's Day March 17 and am doing fine. I am really giving my blender a workout! I found a mix for creamy potato Soup and after preparing it, thinned it down with skim milk further, and then boosted the Protein level with unflavored unjury. That was filling as one suggestion.

Also, I'm a chocolate and Peanut Butter girl so when I heard I could make one of my chocolate Protein shakes and boost the flavor with a tablespoon or two of creamy Peanut Butter and blend that up really good, it tasted great. A real treat from my point of view.

I am totally off pain medicine as of yesterday (day 4 post op)- only took 1 pain pill on Thursday and 1 on Friday and I'm going to consider myself switched to liquid Tylenol now as needed.

Something I'm really happy about -- I have found I can sleep on my side and even on my tummy with a pillow to help cushion my port incision and be fine! I never was a good person to sleep just on my back so getting back to a normal sleep position is wonderful.

I lost 10 lbs post op and now 4 lbs since surgery!

I was banded on 3/19 and feel pretty good this morning. I've been on Clear Liquids since Monday, which was 2 days pre-op, and then had to continue clear liquids through yesterday. Today I get to add creamy Soups, yogurt, and V-8 juice, yummy! I came home from the hospital same day of surgery and was very tired and in some pain, but kept the pain killers in me all day Wednesday and Thursday. Yesterday, I almost felt like a new person except for some pain in the port area so I only had 1 dosage of pain killer in the morning, then took another dose when I went to bed last nite. My incisions are starting to itch, this is driving me crazy and I started experiencing some hunger pains late yesterday, but nothing I couldn't handle. Still loving my band and I don't regret it for 1 minute. :cheers2:

Hi all, I was banded on the 18th. I was a little sore yesterday, but today I seem to be doing much better. My dh is trying to talk me into going to the beach... I don't think I'm ready for that just yet. I do plan on going an buying some decent tennis shoes though, gotta get out there and walk. Thank goodness it's beautiful here in Houston. I've had a little trouble burping, but find if I get up and walk around, it comes out. I can sleep on my stomach and am determined to limit the pain meds to night time.

UPS: the band is in and I'm on my way to skinnyville

downs: absolutely no weight loss yet.

Hi everyone I was banded on the 17th! I did well after surgery and really have not had any signifigant pain, but I am still not feeling totally myself. Like I thought I would be back to work on Monday 1 week later and there is no way that is happening. I am not hungry whatsoever, but I am so tired and run down. I am also feeling a little of the blues:( I hope this is normal and that I can bounce back quickly!

Amy

I was banded on March 20th - I came home from the hospital yesterday - I am a little sore, a little tired and very emotional..... I have alot of trapped gas and I am still a little blotted. I am not sure if what I am feeling is actual hunger or me just not being used to not having any solid food for 4 days - I am on clear fluids until April 2nd.... I am having 2 oz. of liquids every 2-3 hours - and sipping very slow - I just keep saying to myself that this is all going to be worth it by next year!!! for all of us!!!!

I was banded this morning at 8am. I was at home by 3pm. Not really in pain just having problems with gas pressure. I am very tired and I will take my pain med to help me sleep a little better I hope. I hope everyone is doing well.

I have not once been hungry. My mind thinks I am hungry all of the time because I can't get food off of it. However, I am not really hungry. I was banded on the 14th of March and actually went on a bike ride with my two young girls tonight. We only rode about 1 mile but it felt great.

We are awesome March bandsters!!!!! :):cool::eek:

Hi all, I was banded on March 3rd and for those that are just going through post op or haven't had your surgery yet, listen up! : ) For the gas pain, the Gas X strips help but the real soother is a heating pad on low heat on your shoulder blades. I got that from this site and it was a life saver.

The other thing I really want to tell you is DO NOT remove your Steri Strips. They will fall off when they are ready to come off. Don't help them along either! : ) I took mine off myself, BAD MOVE! My doctor never said a word about the steri strips so please learn from my mistake.

I think the downs are the downs! You do get blue, you question whether you did the right thing but that must be some sort of post-op syndrome because the blues do go away.

For me, I'm so happy I did this now that the surgery and pain is behind me. I've lost 13 lbs since being banded and feel fabulous! I feel like I will always be in control now with my lap band to aid me! : )

I can't wait to have my first fill on April 17th and really start seeing some serious weight loss.

One thing I loved as far as foodies go is the chicken broth, (made me feel like I was eating something, and it was warm and comforting) and KFC's mashed potatoes. FABULOUS! ; )

Good luck to all!

Terri

I was banded March 17th and am doing well. The first 4-5 days were kind of rough, lots of gas, abdominal tenderness and what I thought was hunger. I only get Water and Ensure or Boost for 2 weeks and it is the pits.

I took a walk a couple of days ago but wasn't quite ready. I had tons of energy today so tomorrow I'm hitting the gym and the treadmill so I can start racking up some mileage and burn, burn, burn what few calories I'm taking in. Best of luck to you all. This is a great time and a great opportunity in our lives.

Janet:wub:

I was banded March 17th and am doing well. The first 4-5 days were kind of rough, lots of gas, abdominal tenderness and what I thought was hunger. I only get Water and Ensure or Boost for 2 weeks and it is the pits.

I took a walk a couple of days ago but wasn't quite ready. I had tons of energy today so tomorrow I'm hitting the gym and the treadmill so I can start racking up some mileage and burn, burn, burn what few calories I'm taking in. Best of luck to you all. This is a great time and a great opportunity in our lives.

I was banded on Tuesday March 28. I'm having trouble sleeping, could be fear, or the gas is keeping me up. Any suggestions for the gas, and just some encouragement.

I was banded on Tuesday March 28. I'm having trouble sleeping, could be fear, or the gas is keeping me up. Any suggestions for the gas, and just some encouragement.

Hi Beehawk! For the gas pain use a heating pad on low heat and lay it on across your shoulder blades. It is the best thing ever. I also used the Gas X Strips with the heating pad.

I had some trouble sleeping as well but it was due to the pain from the incisions. I couldn't get in a comfortable position.

But you're still healing so try to be patient. I promise, it gets better and you will feel like a whole new person in a week or two. Be forwarned, you will have a day of blues when you question yourself if you did the right thing.

It's going to be fine! You'll get through the post op and see the lbs disappearing and you will be so happy you got banded!

Hang in there, the sun is about to come out!!!

Terri :ohmy:

Edited by Terrisioux
spelling as always!