Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 06 Bandsters, how are we doing?

I can't believe we're coming up on our three year!! I started going to support groups recently...yes, it took me a while, but I think it's helping talking face to face with other people who have been banded, even if I'm always the one whose been banded the longest. Hope you're all doing well!

Wow, this is freaky! I did not even realise it's April now - and it just popped into my head to see if this site is still up and running (unlike me! haha). And here u all are - cool!

It's so great to see so many of you doing well. I never could get restriction - and i am now the same weight i was when i started - so disappointed. I has such high hopes for myself.

I am trying to find another surgeon near home as my dr is so far - not a good enough excuse i know - but very difficult to maintain a relationship.

I really wanna give this one more try. The "thing" is there now and there to stay - so how do i get back on the horse?

Guess that's why i am here today...poking my head in...searching...

Great work u guys!!

Everything is good in my world. At goal weight and now expecting a baby.

Happy 4th year to all of us. Telly, did you have your baby? How life has changed, no?

Hugs to all, JulieNYC

Hey Julie, Great to hear from you. Yes the 23rd will be four years for me and I still love my band. Go up and down ten pounds from my goal but thats my fault. lol. I have'nt been on board to much lately. I have had three deaths in my family since Nov. 09. One being my precious daughter on 11/07. I feel like I am just now coming back to realty a little. Hope you are doing great with your band. And the same to all the rest of us April 06 bandsters.

Love Sallyjo:smile:

Edited by sallyjo
word left out

Wow so many memories of our first year when we practically lived on this forum. I miss all of you and think of you often. I had a rough year 2 and year 3 and gained back most of the 75 I lost my first year. I am back on track and am only 4 lbs away from 100lbs lost.

I hope everyone is doing well. :thumbup:

Hey to all 4-06 bandsters.Four years almost three months for me . I often think of all of you that were on this website and what fun we had and when I was new how all the ones before us helped us out. The secert pals we used to have from all over the country. I did reach my goal and still never go up over ten pounds and then back down. Oh yeah the cruise a bunch of us took together and my ------band so tight it almose ruined by whole cruise and I called my doctor when we docked in Galveston and he called me back with-in five min. and called the ER at the nearest hospital in Houston and I said take it all out. The ER doc ask me what was the best part of my cruise and I told him it would have been the food but I could'nt eat. My band has never been able to hold very much at all. I only have 1cc now and really need about another half. It has been sometime since I have had one.Never had any serious problems with my band. Used to be anywhere from three- to four months after a fill it would get so tight( cruise ) that I would have to have some taken out Okay enough out of me. Molly you stay with it,as we always knew it will work if we work at it.

And yes Kat I am going to ans. your so sweet message to me.

Love to all

Sallyjo:smile2:

Edited by sallyjo
wrong date

Yes you do Sally! LOL

I looked at my BMI yesterday and relaized that I am no longer morbidly obese and that I no longer qualify under insurance plans to be banded! I'm under 40!!! Wahoo!

Hi Waterlily 1072 wonderful for you, great job, I am sure it wasnt easy, how did you get back on track?

Edited by dnw4li

I went and got a fill. Faced my surgeons office and admitted that I had backslid a lot and that I needed help. They were supportive and understanding and gave me a fill. That was last November and the fill is still going strong. I still have some bad habits and I'm working on them. The hardest part was going in to my doctor's office about it, after that it was a little easier.